Reset pin or not? Wiz820io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrumpetplayer

Hi,

It seems a teensy (3.1/3.2) has died on me which was part of a project controlling the WIZ820io. The combination always worked fine.

Working with the new ethernet library that is not the case. I did the original setup in 2015. I kept the old Ethernet library but there are loads of error messages now....

I have my ss-pin attached to pin 6 (I guess that is the same as the cspin) and use Ethernet.init for that.
It seems that the reset pin is no longer required and replaced by some software reset routine. Am I right there? The shield's reset pin was supposed to be connected to pin 9 of the teensy and I changed that in w5100.cpp to pin 2 where it is still attached. I cannot define it anymore in the w5100.cpp code though it seems.

Using the UDPsendReceiveString sketch ethernet does not get started up it seems. pinging the module or sending a UDP package does not have any effect. I did change the MAC address to the new teensy.

Is there any other way to test what can be wrong? Or is the reset pin still in play? (I have a serial connection to pin 9 and 10 so I need to use an alternative) Should it be disconnected? Could I try something 'manually' in the code with that pin?

I can see that the WIZ820io-module is active judging from the LEDs. (tested two of them)

Best, Hans.

W5200 always need a reset pulse to work properly.

If using the PJRC adaptor, it gets the required pulse from a dedicated reset chip.

Years ago, the ethernet library used to pulse pin 9. That code was removed. If you have a W5200 chip and no hardware reset circuit, connect its reset to any digital pin and pulse it low during setup of before you call Ethernet.begin().

Hi Paul,

You saved the day (again).

Thanks.

Another issue is 'ping'. There is ICMPPing but that does not work on teensy (anymore) it seems. Is there an alternative or a way to check whether the connection to the network's router address (xxx.xxx.xxx.1) exists from the teensy?

Best, Hans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back