Cannot install teensyduino on Ubuntu since unable to find my Arduino /lib/version.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobs

I am trying to install the Teesnyduino plugin for the Arduino IDE but I am unable since the installer fails to find the /lib/version.txt file. I am using the Arduino IDE 1.8.8 and the Teensyduino 1.4.5 installer, so it should work.

I assume that this is because when I installed the Arduino IDE I installed it from ~/Downloads, so I tried running it from /usr/share but the Teensyduino installer is still unable to find the version.txt file. I do not know where the installer is looking for this version.txt file, so I didn't bother trying any other options.

Any help would be appreciated, and also if this is indeed the problem it would be useful to include this in the download instructions?

So I was being really quite silly. While looking through forum threads, I kept on seeing that people said you need to navigate to the /Arduino folder. On Ubuntu, there's an /Arduino folder on my home, but obviously what I needed to down was point it to ~/Downloads/arduino/lib (or wherever you install it). Then of course there's the weird feature whereby you need to open that folder and click on ../ to be able to click 'Next'. Anyway, problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back