Any time frame for a Teensy 3.0 option with Keyboard and Serial ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experimentalist

My current project is on Teensy 2.0 / Teensy 2.0 ++ and uses:

Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick

I am only actually using the "Serial + Keyboard" elements at present but am itching to port this to the Teensy 3.0

Do you have a rough idea of the time frame for a Teensy 3.0 option with Keyboard and Serial ?

How about right now?

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/beta/teensy3_12dec12.zip

To use this, replace the hardware/teensy/cores/teensy3 folder with the contents of this zip file. Then edit hardware/teensy/boards.txt to uncomment these 2 lines:

teensy3.menu.usb.serialhid.name=Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick
teensy3.menu.usb.serialhid.build.define0=-DUSB_SERIAL_HID

The new USB code in Teensy 3.0 is meant to make custom combinations of interfaces much easier. In theory, all you do is edit usb_desc.h and usb_inst.cpp to define a new combination, then edit each of the interface .h files to enable it (so far I haven't found a way to make that automatic, without exposing all the usb_desc.h stuff to Arduino sketches), and edit boards.txt to add it to the Tools > USB Type menu.

I tested briefly with Serial, Keyboard & Mouse, so far only on Linux, and it seems to work. Please let me know how this works for you?

Hello,

I am absolutely new to microcontroller programming, but I am happy to compile my first programs in this interesting field. Please forgive any dump questions, but something is just hindering me.

I want to build a USB-stick, that emulates a human user in a demonstration environment used at fairgrounds.

With the help in this threat I managed to compile and upload a small programm that types keyboard characters on my Teensy 3.0, i can plug it to any PC and it types characters.

What I still need is typing CTRL, ALT and WINDOWS keys to "emulate" a human user that sends commands to applications (e.g. opening an application with WINDOWS-R, typing and closing it it with ALT+F4).

I tried this using "Keyboard.press" and ".release". But compiling failed, error message is:

===========
usb_keyboard.c.o: In function 'usb_keyboard_press_keycode':
...\cores\teensy3/usbkeyboard.c:240: undefined reference to 'send_now'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
===========

It seems there is some library missing/not implemented. Is it my mistake or shall I just wait for an update?

Best Regards,
Markus

Paul

All seems to be going well so far. Just trying to get my head around the correct way to do things in the 32 bit world

If I have any issues I will post them but seems like you are doing great work as ever

Thanks
Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back