Game controller does not appear properly in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maes2ro

I have a programme that I am compiling as Serial/Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick.

I'm not using the Mouse element, but am sending data over the serial, sending characters to Keyboard and utilising the Joystick object to output hardware button presses.

Although this works OK some of the time, at fairly regular intervals, when I connect the Teensy 3.2, the Joystick does not appear correctly in Windows. If I look at the properties of the Joystick, only the buttons mimics appear, but there is no sign of the Hat switch or the joystick inputs, which certainly do appear when it starts correctly. Although the buttons visually appear in the properties display, they do not actually work.

When the device is in this state, the programme is still running as the serial and keyboard parts of the code continue to function properly.

I've built two of these units, and both display the same intermittent issue

I would welcome any suggestions on diagnosing this. I'm compiling using Arduino 1.8.8 and Teensyduino 1.45

Attachments

• Eagle_v3_6_SP.ino
    10 KB · Views: 53
  • imagedata.cpp
    190.4 KB · Views: 49
  • imagedata.h
    442 bytes · Views: 55
  • Properties.PNG
    Properties.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
After experimenting with more 3.2's, I have found that Removing the device in windows, then forcing a re-install be unplugging and re-plugging the USB, makes a fully formed joystick appear. I have no idea what causes the corruption though, and I'm sure it will be back in the future. I'll continuing to observe, and would still welcome any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back