Tool chain for teensy 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike

Since this board does not use an AVR processor, what tool chains are available for Mac, Linux, and Windows to create code (.HEX) to be loaded on the ARM Cortex-M4?

Yup, the tool chain is the same one Arduino is using, which I believe was built by the Maple folks. It's really just a very generic "arm-eabi-none" gnu toolchain.

Near the bottom of my to-do list is custom compiling the toolchain with a newer gcc version and options to (hopefully) reduce the installed size. Newlib could be built with better options, as Bill has mentioned, but long before I fiddle with custom building the toolchain, I'm going to port the AVR malloc/realloc/free to ARM.

Yup, the tool chain is the same one Arduino is using, which I believe was built by the Maple folks. It's really just a very generic "arm-eabi-none" gnu toolchain.

Near the bottom of my to-do list is custom compiling the toolchain with a newer gcc version and options to (hopefully) reduce the installed size. Newlib could be built with better options, as Bill has mentioned, but long before I fiddle with custom building the toolchain, I'm going to port the AVR malloc/realloc/free to ARM.

When you get into building the toolchain, you might want to start with downloads from linaro http://www.linaro.org, which is a consortium of people working to improve the arm toolchain and ecostructure. If you haven't done it before, building the entire toolchain can be a long process. Shoot me an email if you get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back