Install problems with Teensyduino 1.52 on Arduino 1.8.12 (Windows Store 1.8.33.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbnky

I am running the Arduino IDE and was interested in try to use a Teensy 4.0. When I installed the Arduino IDE it directed me to the microsoft store to install on windows 10. The installation did not ask for any destination folder for the install and I had not changed the default installation destinatlion which was the C Drive. I have been using this for a while with Ardunio projects. When I copied the Teensyduino V1.52 install program and ran as administrator I saw the splash screen. I selected Next to continue and saw the message that the Windows 10 USB serial driver was found , and no driver installation was needed. Selecting Next again I was asked where the Arduino Folder was. At this point it did not matter which Folder I selected on which drive, the next button was greyed out and the ? button showed the following message window:
Teensyduino 1.5.2 Help
Supported Arduino Versions:
1.8.5, 1.8.9, 1.8.11, 1.8.12
Windows installer & zip are supported, but Windows "App" can not be used

Teensyduino can not work with the Windows App
version of Arduino. The regular installer &
non-admin ZIP versions are supported.

Directory: C:/Users/maban/Documents/
Checking Arduino 1.8.11:
version: "lib/version.txt" file missing
Does not match Arduino 1.8.11
Checking Arduino 1.8.12:
Does not match Arduino 1.8.12
Checking Arduino 1.8.5:
Does not match Arduino 1.8.5
Checking Arduino 1.8.9:
Does not match Arduino 1.8.9

I did search for a version.txt file in any of the Arduino folders on my PC but it does not appear to exist.

I uninstalled the Arduino IDE program but the download site for the IDE environment always links back to the Windows Store for the application. Is there another way to install the IDE that is compatabile with the Teensyduino installer?

OK sorry to waste people's time. I found a download installer versus the WIndows 10 App at the Arduino IDE download site. This was the issue. I am a Noob and appreciate your patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back