Custom / DIY Teensy 3.2 board files

Great to see another example.

It's good practice to put decoupling capacitors tight to power pins. For example, MCU pins 7&8 are some distance from a capacitor.

MCU pins 7&8 are some distance from a capacitor.

True. The board works well with this layout, but C4 should certainly be moved to Pin 7 & 8. Oversight on my behalf :cool:
I updated the Kicad files to implement this change.

Sorry to sound so picky, but pin 1 of U3 has the same problem. Maybe move C1 down there.

Sorry to sound so picky, but pin 1 of U3 has the same problem. Maybe move C1 down there.

Nahh. It's all good feedback. C1 is the 10uF cap on the power input, so I added a new cap next to the MLK20 power pins and posted it back to the Git repo. I'm making a board for a customer using this design right now, so I'm putting it in there as well to test ;-)

J

Thanks for sharing, actually i also like the FeatherWing proto in your Github repo. :)

Glad it's of use :)
The FeatherWing board is based upon this board so also a confirmed design. It's quite useful with NeoPixels, though Teensy is better for anything with a large amount of pixels.

Just did an update to these T3.2 files where I added Pin numbering to all pins in the schematic. These will now show as net names as your laying out your board.

I also added the Kicad files for a custom T3.5 / T3.6 board in this repository https://github.com/jenschr/Teensy3.6-example/ I got the board back today and I've verified it all works as it should. The T3.6 is a 4 layer board, but the BGA is laid out so it's cheap to produce (at least at Eurocircuits which is what I typically use).

Back