from camera interface to USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxwen

I am new to Teensy. I found it because I am trying to use nxp 1062 chip to stream video from a camera with parallel interface to a pc with usb interface.

I have found example code from this post that demonstrates the use of a camera parallel interface.

On the USB side, I am looking to stream VGA resolution at 30 fps, so USB 1.2 is not enough.

My question is, can someone point to an example of USB communication at 2.0 speed?

Thank you for bring up this amazing board!

Assuming this is using the T_4.x USB Host port?

That is not an interface that has support at this time - but it can be coded most likely if you are up to the task.

There is a T_3.6_USB_HOST library and thread covering details as used for other devices. Starting point would be enabling the DEBUG in the main .h file IIRC - and watching message and then adding needed USB response support to connect and communicate with the device.

Search forum for usbhost:
> pjrc.com/threads/49099-T3-6-USB-Host-Joysticks
> pjrc.com/threads/49358-T3-6-USB-Host-Bluetooth

Thank you for the reply. But in my case the USB is working as a device not a host. It is connected to a PC. Do you know if there is any implementations yet?

Opps - re-reading p#1 - the Teensy is to read camera data via parallel pin interface and pass it on to the PC.

Once the data is pulled to the Teensy it would need to pass that to the PC over USB.

The 1062 based T_4.x units support 480 Mbps interface as device to the PC.

But the video streaming interface as such isn't directly supported AFAIK in any of the supported interfaces..

Have seen testing of Teensy 4.x standard Serial USB output to a Windows PC - these numbers are about right IIRC: 500K 32 byte lines per second - would be 16 MByte per second. Win PC might hit 800K of those lines or higher and the Win PC gets buffers confused and messed up in some fashion there or above - especially when the end app tries to GUI print all of them. For reference the slower 12 Mbps USB on T_3.6 got about 25K 32 byte lines per second - and in its day Paul had to write special SerMon code to handle that speed. The T_4 took a few days of special re-write to buffer and display in SerMon as fast as Apple and Windows could handle.

T_4.x can do faster than the PC can handle standard USB Serial - Paul saw Linux go somewhat higher.

Not sure how that relates to 'virtual com port' if not that - but the 1062 Teensy 480 Mbps is quite capable. It will appreciate and use 512 Byte messages most efficiently.

Thank you for the help. I will definitely get several boards for testing. I need about 18MByte per second. Windows may be able to handle without any GUI print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back