Teensy 3.2 com problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjor2803

I just bought a teensy 3.2 with pins, followed the set up guide, and tried to use it, but the teensy would not show up in arduino ide or windows device manager. I looked up a few fixes with no luck then just noticed a small blob of what looks like solder connecting three small pins on the microcontroller chip. Could that be the reason why it is not working?

Indeed any excess spare solder connecting the MCU pins could affect or impair normal function.

The T_3.2 was received with pins pre-soldered? So no soldering done to this point there?

Did the Teensy power up blinking from new? Teensy units before pins soldering pass an extensive system test. I'm not sure what is done again after soldering pins as I've not seen a note posted on that process.

Yes it was pre-soldered and I did no soldering myself. The light was blinking when I turned it on.

@Paul will have to comment on this - whether it is possible a PJRC pin soldered T_3.2 could leave with such a solder blob undetected.

Can you say what Distributor supplied this T_3.2 with pins? And how recently it was purchased?

Can you post a picture showing the excess solder on the MCU pins? That might indicate the nature of the failure and if simple cleaning the blob will restore function.

Last edited:
20201031_183509.jpg
I bought it on Oct.12 from the PJRC website

Please email Robin with your order number (or just reply to the order's emails) with your order ID number and a link to this forum thread and we'll get you a replacement.

The soldering is done by hand by real humans. Sometimes they make mistakes. :(

After the pins are soldered, we do a test where the pins are put into a ZIF socket and checked for shorts & opens. That that test doesn't have access to the USB or anything else which isn't directly connected to the header pins, so it can't catch this sort of mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back