Connecting MIDI-Keyboard with Macbook using Teensy 4.0 + Audio Adaptor Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValentinMax

Hey guys,

i was starting an arduino-project at university this sommer and was using a teensy 4.0 connected to an "old" windows 7 computer. An Alesis QX 61 MIDI-Keyboard was connected to the PC and the Audio Adaptor Board was connected to my speakers/phones or an audio interface. So far so good. It worked out very well and I had lots of fun and now I'm at home over Christmas and NYE and want to use the teensy connected to my Macbook, but I had trouble so far to get it working, maybe someone can help me. :)

It's so embarrassing sometimes... you programm something and want to show it to somebody, but when you change the setup nothing works no more at all haha :D

A "strange" thing was in the first place on the computer back in summer, that I had to configure the teensy with the MIDI-Keyboard using Reaper... and I don't know to this day how to do it only with windows using no sequencer at all... is that even possible?
Every time after I upload new code on my teensy with arduino/teensyduino I need to "reset all MIDI-connections" inside Reaper and only then I can use the Alesis MIDI-Keyboard

At home I have different "MIDI-Keyboards": An Arturia Keystep and a Yamaha NP V80.
How would I use those together with my macbook and teensy 4.0 + audio board so that I could play MIDI-Notes to "hear the teensy-code"?

Would be very happy if someone could help me out!

Cheers
Max

Found out what the problem was:

Since Mac Catalina you have to give Reaper the permission to receive data from other programms...
Now it works, case closed!

Wishing you all good holiday(s)

Cheers
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back