SD Card with Teensy 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctek

I am having a problem getting Teensy3.0 to work with the Arduino SD Card Library. Specifically, I am trying to run Examples -> SD -> Cardinfo. I looked at earlier postings on the SD card usage on Teensy3.0. but they don't discuss the pinout in use.

I am running the Cardinfo example without modification. Looking at the Teensy3.0 pinout card, it seems like I would use Pin10 as CS, Pin11 as MOSI, Pin12 as MOSI, and Pin13 as SCK. These go to my SD card on pins 1, 2, 7, and 5 respectively. 3.3V goes to SD card pin 4, with ground on pins 3 and 6.

This seemed like the simplest thing I could try with my SD card. Where am I going astray?

As I mentioned, I am doing the simplest thing I can think of. And that is not (as far as I know) using any special library - just standard Arduino stuff. I am just trying to run the example in Arduino (details above in the earlier email). Either this should work, or folks should be warned that it (and the other SD examples? ) don't work with T3. Having easily run, standard examples that don't work is frustrating.

That said, thank you for the pointer. Looks like I should try the SdFat Library and follow the discussion in the thread. I'll try to post how it goes.

Followed the links to SdFat and downloaded it, and installed (following the readme in the zip).

Loaded the Example -> SdInfo and uploaded it to T3. Works like a champ!

Thanks, t3andy, thanks Bill Greiman, and of course, thanks Paul for the T3.

I tried cardinfo and it works on some cards, but not others. Does listfiles work? I tested that with the default SD lib and it worked.

So I had time to do some more testing today. Happy with SdFat, I decided to try the SD library again. That had not worked for me before and I wanted to know what was wrong.

Short answer: Operator Error! First, I tried listfiles from the Examples -> SD since it was mentioned in Kickstarter update #16. Worked fine! Then I went back to the Cardinfo Example. Didn't work - this is what prompted me to post in the first place. Reading the code carefully and comparing it to listfiles, I notice that chipSelect is 10 in listfiles and 4 in Cardinfo. Changing the value to 10 in Cardinfo made it work!

If you look back to my original post, I claim to have set chipSelect to 10 in Cardinfo. Apparently, I did not do that - hence the Operator Error.

Thanks, everyone for your patience. For me, I learned about SdFat library and the RTOS work. I would not have discovered that had I not messed up using the SD library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back