Embedded "low cost" Webserver with "email SSL" mates with the Teensy 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3andy

I found the an easy way to have a webserver connected to the Teensy 3.
I have used this PINK module on my home RF network.

http://www.netburner.com/products/pink-products/pink
http://www.netburner.com/component/content/category/45-sb70lc

BTW ... I do not work for Netburner.

With the Netburner SB70LC, you can do the following:

Send SSL email alerts from the Teensy 3.
Read and toggle digital inputs and outputs on the Teensy 3 via web server page.
Read analogs or variables and easily post it on the Webserver page for others to see.

You would need the following:

1 Ethernet LAN close by the Teensy 3.

2 A SBC70LC (3 VDC version with Pink firmware) (NOT SBC70 +5 VDC version) from NetBurner.
Ask sales for the special Pink firmware for the SBC70LC.
You could order their PINK kit for $129 with cables, but why waste your money when all you
need is the SBC70LC with the "PINK firmware" for $59??? They provide all the software
utilities and even have a "fixed" web server page already set-up and designed.
All you need to do is serially connect to the SB70LC and send and receive commands to
the web server. Be sure to read and download all the PINK docs and utilites for easy deployment.

3 A spare TTL serial port on the Teensy 3. Since both the Teensy 3 and the SBC70LC are low
voltage 3.3 VDC devices, they connect well with no level converters.

4. A semi level of "IT" competence on router configuration and setup (port forwarding) to break
through the router firewall for the PINK Web server operation.

5. A PC to set-up and debug the web server but after that the Teensy 3 does the heavy lifting.

BTW ... The SBC70 (5 VDC PINK model) will work easily with all the other 5 VDC Teensy models.

Enjoy ...

Last edited:
It's even easier to use a TP Link tl-wr703n for < $30 and put OpenWRT on it.

This has WiFi, Ethernet, USB (& Linux). I plug my Teensy 3.0 into its USB port where it feeds a serial datalogger stream to the TTY on the TL703N. The TL703N has a web server (uHTTPD) and connects to my WiFi network (I don't use the ethernet port, but I could have used it as an alternate).

Both devices are inexpensive but can OpenWRT do SSL email? Most US ISP providers now require this function. (eg Google Gmail and ATT/SBCGlobal)

Why wouldn't you just get a $35 Raspberry PI for this and communicate with the teensy via Firmata or custom serial communication?

Why wouldn't you just get a $35 Raspberry PI for this and communicate with the teensy via Firmata or custom serial communication?
Cheap and "ease of use", for some products, don't go hand in hand.
The Netburner PINK webserver already has a web page made of "fixed variables" which can be easily accessed via serial commands.
Tell me, how long would it take to debug, test and deploy a web server on the PI and have it communicate to the Teensy 3?
BTW ... it only took me 2 hours with the Netburner 32 bit SBC70LC Pink module. Time is money ... :cool:
Also, Paul just fixed Firmata, for the Teensy 3, the other day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back