Teensy2.0++ flash blank chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashitakalax

Hi,

I had a chip that went bad, and since I had an extra teensy 2.0++ chip I would like to just replace the chip. I have an AVRISP, but I couldn't find any bootloader software online. I'm really hoping that it isn't proprietary to PJRC, if so I'm done purchasing their stuff.

Does anyone know where I can find PJRC's bootloader software, or is it just a simple plug and play chip(which I doubt) ?

Thanks.

I don't believe Paul has released the source code or binaries for his Half-Kay bootloader. However, I wrote a similar small USB bootloader a year or two ago and posted it at AVRFreaks.net. Paul's is better: he provides great support for several different platforms and several different targets, but mine is freely available. On the other hand, if you have trouble with mine, I probably won't help you. (Sorry!)

Awesome I'll have to learn more about it, I understand the no support. It is at least a good starting point for me. I prefer to program in C, so I'm sure I can figure something compatiable.

Thanks

I don't think Paul will release the code (for good reasons) but I'm very interested in writing my own bootloader for fun. I'm taking a look at your code now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back