A
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      When not selected the outputs of that part are high impedance, do you have pullups/downs on the data lines for the individual LED chains? If not when not selected they will be floating, I could believe that in that situation crosstalk / glitches...
    • A
      Their idle state is to maintain the current colour. So as long as you don't need need a fast update rate it doesn't matter if the signal is sitting in an idle state while you talk to the other strips. You just need to make sure you wait until the...
    • A
      Start with the silly questions: Did you try removing the ; after if (digitalRead(1) == HIGH) ? You're currently completely ignoring that if and always setting EngFail to 0. You enable the pullup on the input but then check for the input being...
    • A
      Given 8 possible outputs you would need 3 pins of addressing and 1 pin of data as an absolute minimum unless you add some form of external memory either in the form of a processor or a latch of some sort. You could do it in 4 pins using...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 "dual boot" capability?.
      Partly in case you need it and partly for anyone finding this thread later on, here's a somewhat stripped down block of code. If your second application was built to start at an address 0x100000 into the flash (when it was built FLASH in the .ld...
    • A
      Yes, you could make it so that the code for mode 1 checks for the mode 2 flag and jumps to that code on startup. That would indeed cut it down to only 2 applications you need to build. The nice thing about doing it this way is that once the...
    • A
      May be a little overkill but how about something like this: Read the pressed() value for each key (true if it's just been pressed) and the isPressed() value (true if it's currently being pressed) By using both pressed and isPressed you only see...
    • A
      @TravisSmith Not sure how helpful this would be for you but I've been working on a bootloader type application for T4.1 We have self updating firmware (using the flasherX library) but needed a way to recover if power failed half way through an...
    • A
      We're already using ESP32's in a number of places, generally using the espressif environment rather than arduino. A lot of the places we've used them we don't even have wifi / bluetooth, one of their big selling points. They are cheap, relatively...
    • A
      Probably not, more experienced developers will be used to good debug tools. Once you get used to having a full IDE with debugger it's hard to go back. We have hit similar issues. Using teensy makes it easy to get started and get the core...
    • A
      Sorry, no experience on the Mac side. :-(
    • A
      I think that SDIO Storage 0 254 sdio 0 0 is indicating that the built in SD card interface is mounting the card correctly, taking a quick look at the example code I think the second error is attempting to mount an SPI connected SD card which you...
    • A
      Sorry not sure on why you're not seeing it. The example for MTP_Teensy worked for me without any issues but that was on a PC. Could you test connecting it to with a windows box just in case it's a MAC related issue? You'll probably find it not...
    • A
      I'd probably still use sendEvent for that although this may be a good fallback option. Another element of this is making some horrible hacks to the USB drivers so that the USB device type can be changed on the fly. We don't normally want to...
    • A
      Teensy's USB stack doesn't really support fully reinitializing all its internal variables. With that in mind, here's an imperfect way. extern "C" void usb_init(void); void setup() { while (!Serial) ; // wait Serial.println("Hello World...
    • A
      Thanks, that got it.
    • A
      Possibly. But ideally I'd like to trigger this from the teensy itself. This is part of an attempt to automate some testing systems, the more I can build into the teensy rather than relying on operators or software running on the PC the better...
    • A
      Unfortunately not, I need to keep the rest of the system running, but make the host PC think it's been removed and re-connected.
    • A
      I know this is a bit of an odd question but does anyone know of a way that I could force windows to re-scan / re-enumerate the teensy 4 USB device as if the cable had been disconnected and re-connected? I've tried re-initialising the USB...
    • A
      I'm hardly an expert on this but I think you need to use the tone functionality not the notefreq function. notefreq is designed to find the main frequency of a sound. You are looking for a tone made up of two different frequencies, it'd not going...
    • A
      I assume R3 is fitted so that the enable input isn't floating? Unfortunately I can't see any obvious smoking guns. :-( Everything below this is more personal opinion than facts, it's intended as feedback rather than criticism so please don't...
    • A
      In that case most modules will work fine but do pay attention to where you put things. While just about any modern system will be better than that on paper. But the on paper performance is always assuming good conditions. A good view of the sky...
    • A
      Do you mean no drops in output rate or no drops of RTK? Were you GPS only or multi-constellation? In our testing 10 Hz multi-constellation RTK will maintain RTK fine but it'll skip 1-2% of the outputs. Every now and then time will increase by...
    • A
      A bit of a Me Too!!! post but Ublox and binary UBX messages would be my recommended route too. For most applications once you configure the GPS (which could be done using a PC and saving those settings as the power up default) you can get away...
    • A
      One further suggestion, a GPS engine with a PPS output will give you a very accurate 1Hz frequency reference (or depending on the make a configurable frequency) that you can use as a reference to calibrate the teensy clock or enable counter...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 Digital Input Tolerance.
      Ultimately the requirements depend on the exact nature of the signal, the environment and how paranoid you want to be. Obviously test conditions aren't the same as the real world but it gives you an idea of what it is reasonable to expect a...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 Digital Input Tolerance.
      The Vcc rail generally has a lot of capacitance. So for a very short transient (like ESD) while the voltage may be high the short duration means the total energy is low. The capacitance on the power rail combined with the inductance of the traces...
    • A
      I've been getting undefined vtable errors building a project including FlexCAN_T4.h The project is using vMicro to build and so I recognise that it's not technically supported. The solution was to change line 331 to make the function...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back