A
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      The way I've done similar things in the past is using a static method for the responder to call in a similar way to jmarsh's solution A. However rather than then using a static cast to get to the instance of the class I make the class a singleton...
    • A
      Other than the voltage the RS232 protocol is the same the standard uart protocol only with the bits inverted. So Serial1.begin(57600,SERIAL_8N1_RXINV_TXINV); should configure serial port 1 to be compatible with the signals you are getting.
    • A
      Going by this site https://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/positioning-navigation/positioning-australia/about-the-program/national-positioning-infrastructure-capability you should be able to get RTK corrections over NTRIP for free. That will...
    • A
      Any modern GNSS will include SBAS however that is only for GPS so you often have the choice of GPS+SBAS or GPS+GLONASS+Galileo+Beidou. If you have a good clear view of the sky GPS+SBAS will be best, if your view of the sky will be partly obscured...
    • A
      Define a generous budget? I spend a lot of time playing with IMUs and GPS but not in teensy/Arduino environments so I can't comment on specific libraries. From a GPS/GNSS the ublox F9 is generally the best price/performance compromise, you can...
    • A
      I'd agree with @MarkT here. A kalman filter is probably overkill and I suspect is the cause of your issue. Kalman filters are remarkable when configured correctly but produce useless junk if configured incorrectly. In this situation I suspect...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread digital input.
      The collector pins have a 10k pullup. Are the signals coming in to that section actively driven high by your senor or are they open drain? If open drain then that would explain the lack of LED, you have a 10k resistor in series with the LED...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread About expansion to RAM1.
      Not adding anything that hasn't already been said but trying to put it in more learner friendly language: RAM 1: Holds your code. Any constants. Any global variables and objects. Basically everything that isn't dynamically allocated. The amount...
    • A
      Thanks for the support! I will try to incorporate RS-232 on my next circuit design. Right now, it doesn't have the space or connections for the needed RS-232 transceiver, like the MAX3232. I will try to solve the issue with the diodes and the...
    • A
      Yes, just like that. It should be on the teensy4 side between the part being protected and the connector. You are protecting against invalid voltages on the connector so it needs to be after the connector. It's a serial port, it's not that high...
    • A
      Does the connector have a design that ensures the ground pins mate first? Generally when hot plugging you want ground to connect first then power and only then the signals. If power and your data signals somehow connect before the ground it can...
    • A
      AndyA reacted to WMXZ's post in the thread Schematic different with Like Like.
      @AndyA. The prev message (WillimamsimC) seems ChatGPT generated an should, MHO, be considered Spam
    • A
      Thanks a lot! Wish I would have known this feature long time ago... Paul
    • A
      Windows 95 would have been the first time they did that. I'm fairly certain windows 3.11 still used the dos term and called them directories. So the jokes on you, it's only been 29 years... I remember telling someone to enter something on the...
    • A
      I'd agree that most source control tools involve a learning curve and hassle that simply isn't worth it for a lot of casual projects. But source control is a bit like backups, it's unnecessary, annoying and not worth it until it's too late. And...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread CANFD buffer only reading 8bytes..
      In the setup code add the line myFD.setRegions(64);
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Schematic different.
      Most development programming is done via JTAG or something like the ARM single wire debug interface. In effect the programming circuit is built into the main chip together with a fairly powerful debug interface. This saves the cost of an extra...
    • A
      No. Windows has plenty of source control tools available, it would be impossible to do any meaningful development on windows if it didn't. And every version of windows / MS-DOS ever released has had directores. I suspect this is a terminology...
    • A
      Same way you would for anything else. Source control tools like git archive all the requested files / directories, they don't care what the files are. All you need to do is start the archive one directory higher up the tree.
    • A
      The approach I've adopted is to have a different sketchbook location directory for each project. These may contain a couple of related sketches for the same hardware (e.g. for one I have a bootloader and a main application) but are different for...
    • A
      If there was only one or two uarts 512 bytes would be fine. But there are 8 ports, two buffers per port that's 8k of RAM which is completely wasted for most applications. That's enough memory that you don't want to just throw it away to make life...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Multiple SPI at the same time.
      The standard SPI functions block for the time taken to send the data since they are also reading the reply. The actual hardware has a buffer so if the only time critical situations are fairly short writes you could write the data into that...
    • A
      There are two buffers for each direction for each uart, one in the physical hardware and a software buffer that is managed in the libraries. The physical hardware buffers are 4 bytes long, as bytes are received they are automatically placed in...
    • A
      It is certainly possible. At one point I created a USB rickroll device, it would pretend to be a keyboard and turn on caps lock. When capslock was turned off (because someone was using the computer) it would detect the LED change, wait 30 seconds...
    • A
      No, it'll just work.
    • A
      Assuming you're using the arduino IDE then in the tools menu there is an option to select the CPU speed. For other tool chains there should be a similar option somewhere. Assuming you pick from the list given by the tools then everything else...
    • A
      Any reason you need to clock it at 600MHz? Unless you're using CAN FD the maximum data rate on a CAN bus is pretty low. To be fair, even with CAN FD it's still fairly low in comparison to what the Teensy processor can handle. You could probably...
    • A
      Any reason you didn't look at using the FlexIO interface to reduce the CPU loading slightly? If you pick the correct pins you can get 16 bits wide that way. I've used that to run an 8 bit parallel bus at 120 MHz without any issues, in theory it...
    • A
      The Teensy using the wrong port doesn't explain the junk output. You should at least be getting "Message Received:". Double check the baud rate settings on your terminal that is viewing the output.
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 "dual boot" capability?.
      And one further addition found due to it not working in a different system: If there is data coming in constantly on external interfaces you also need to disable all user space interrupts before rebooting. But not by using __disable_irq(). Post...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread absence.
      If you want to manually trigger the set series of actions then a physical button is probably the easiest way to do it. They can't detect something that's not on the computer. If you want the PC running the game to trigger a set series of actions...
    • A
      I had recently wanted to reset EEPROM in a T4.1 for a similar reason, but within my application. The code shown below does that using functions in eeprom.c and runs in a little under one second, but keep in mind it is not equivalent to the full...
    • A
      Thanks. All tested and working as expected :-)
    • A
      Yes, hold the pushbutton for 15 seconds. Watch the red LED near USB. When you see a quick blink, you're at 13 seconds which is the beginning of a 4 second window to release the button and trigger full erase and restore of the original LED...
    • A
      I have an application that uses the EEPROM library for storing various settings. Since the teensy has been used for development it will already contain data in the eeprom if I update the code. I'd like to verify that everything works correctly on...
    • A
      AndyA replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 "dual boot" capability?.
      One additional detail. Before jumping to the new application include the line SYST_CSR = 0; // turn off system tick For simple applications this isn't needed. But if your application includes ethernet support then it'll crash on startup without...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back