A
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      It is a resistive potentiometer. You can power it on any voltage. But the signal sent to Teensy should be converted to the 0-3.3V analog range Angelo
    • A
      Let's be clear: You CAN NOT collect and plot data faster than about 300 samples per second and plot it in real time. Neither the IDE plotting routines nor the human visual system can respond to more than about 30 data frames per second. You...
    • A
      It seems your main loop runs when the buffer of 1600 is full. But the ADC is set to make 8 acquisitions and averages them. And makes a continous acquisition, not through a timer. So 1600x8= 12800 conversions. Then you compute the average of the...
    • A
      You have 31402 to 31403 microseconds between each timestamps. It is 31.4 milliseconds. It means your loop executes at about 31.8Hz. Something wrong somewhere. Angelo
    • A
      20kHz means 50us. You probably should implement timer triggered aquisition, to ensure software will not insert some jitter. Reading all the values by the PC should be faster than the acquisition rate. Angelo
    • A
      Sparkfun offers some solutions for RTK. Angelo
    • A
      Your generator picture says it all. You have 3Vpp, which is good, but offset is 0V. Try putting 1.5V-1.65V as an offset directly on your generator. Angelo
    • A
      You can read the battery voltage. Here also, the voltage on the analog pins should not be above 3.3V. And as Li-ion batteries can go up to about 4.2 volts at full charge, you will need a resistor based voltage divider. Angelo
    • A
      A good IMU+GPS integration could be found on the Ardupilot project. It is mainly based on STM32 hardware. In the Plane sub-project, centripetal forces are taken in account. Depending on your application, you should use it. Angelo
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Freertos with teensy 4.0.
      To be able to receive something on CAN2, another node on your can bus should send something.
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 Datalogger.
      To increase sampling rate, it is better to use a binary file format and write directly raw values. And avoid any conversions in the Teensy. Then write a small application, Python, C,.... on the PC to convert it to a suitable format. Long time...
    • A
      Teensy 4.0 consume about 100mA@600MHz, your battery will be empty in less than 1 hour. Is this battery able to output 100mA ???? 3.6V seems low to connect to Vin
    • A
      Already answered in posts #26 and #30 above.
    • A
      In my first prototype, I placed the Teensy USB connector close to the enclosure. I made a square opening on the enclosure, the size of a USB cable connector, which is then "closed" with a small aluminium plate and 2 screws. I removed the plate to...
    • A
      Just my 2 cents. USB should be avoided in any industrial application. Could be OK for device configuration et firmware update, but not for continous direct control. Too sensitive to cabling, EMC, hard to make it work reliably. Ethernet is a lot...
    • A
      I am a beginner in C++, but is it allowed to use class to name a class ????? And you have Class and class.
    • A
      What are you using to check communication ?? PC with USB-to-CAN interface ????
    • A
      Simply add #define DEBUG_MODE in your skech, before #include "MCP_CAN.h" Rebuild the project, run, and check the messages on serial port
    • A
      Again, add the #define DEBUG_MODE. The driver will send additional error messages on serial port.
    • A
      Pin 16 on MCP2515 is CS. Check with ohm-meter where it is connected on Arduino connectors. And try to use an oscilloscope to check the CAN-L and CAN-H line. Is the message really sent on the lines ???
    • A
      Try to add #define DEBUG_MODE in your code. MCP_CAN will send messages during init.
    • A
      Check https://wiki.elecrow.com/index.php?title=CAN-BUS_Shield I can read this in the example code // the cs pin of the version after v1.1 is default to D9 // v0.9b and v1.0 is default D10 const int SPI_CS_PIN = 9; MCP_CAN CAN(SPI_CS_PIN)...
    • A
      Check example https://github.com/skpang/Teensy41_triple_CAN_ETH_GPS/blob/main/Teensy41_triple_CAN_demo/Teensy41_triple_CAN_demo.ino FlexCAN_T4<CAN2, RX_SIZE_256, TX_SIZE_16> can2; FlexCAN_T4<CAN1, RX_SIZE_256, TX_SIZE_16> can1; can1 is on...
    • A
      SKPANG made various CAN boards for both Teensy 4.0 and 4.1. They have schematics and example sketches https://www.skpang.co.uk
    • A
      Not sure if 0xFF0122 is handled as a valid standard ID format. Try with 0x122. Angelo
    • A
      Are the two modules connected with USB on the same PC ?? What about software configuration: same bitrate, standard/extended ID, filters, message sent from/to arduino+canshield Try with twisted pair cable, longer, about 1 meter. Angelo
    • A
      Check the connections, and there should be only two 120ohms resistors. One at each end of the bus Angelo
    • A
      Thanks jmarsh, I completely missed the hooks implementation. Another good reason to use Timo Sandman implementation. In my application, printf was only used in one task, for debug purpose. Angelo
    • A
      100 as task stack is probably not enough, especially if you use printf. I read somewhere that printf is not reentrant. It means you should print on serial only on one task. Angelo
    • A
      A search with CANFD will return some results
    • A
      Hi, Try https://github.com/tsandmann/freertos-teensy Follow installation instructions, and examples would work easily. Then make your own project. Another very good example is https://github.com/tjaekel/Teesny_4_1 You can find some post here...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Teensy 3.2 End Of Life.
      I didn't checked if they are already available anywhere, but PJRC could maybe provide production files (gerber, silk, placement, BOM,...). Maybe by removing reference to PJRC for "PJRC would not be responsible for any damage....." JLCpcb or...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Teensy 3.2 End Of Life.
      There are various posts where people would buy lots of T3.2 instead of moving their designs to T4.0. Financially, there is a small risk that when T3.2 would be available again, everybody already moved to T4.0. A better idea would be to design a...
    • A
      What do you call "hot" ???? If you run some simple software, like blinky or hello world, can you keep your finger on the CPU ??? The scale is something like: 1) Barely over room temperature, 2) lightly hot and no problem to keep your finger...
    • A
      Hi, Are you using overclocking ??? It is the only way to fry a Teensy when only connection is USB. And when using motor driver, There is a risk to inject inertia energy in the power supply when braking. The power supply voltage raise, and could...
    • A
      You can find somme examples here: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/project-teensy-4-1-with-cmd-line-web-server-python-sd-card-freertos-pico-c.72950/ It uses https://github.com/tsandmann/freertos-teensy, which the only working version I...
    • A
      There are some posts showing how to connect an external JTAG connector on Teensy pads+cutting traces. There is even a project of a flexible pcb with JTAG connector. It is soldered on the Teensy pcb close to the debug chip. You will find them with...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back