A
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• A
      There are some posts showing how to connect an external JTAG connector on Teensy pads+cutting traces. There is even a project of a flexible pcb with JTAG connector. It is soldered on the Teensy pcb close to the debug chip. You will find them with...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive.
      Hello, I've not read everything in details, but I see you power the displays with 5V. It is OK if the small chips on the display are 3.3V regulators . But if the display work on 5V, it's outputs are also 5V, and the Teensy inputs are not 5V...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Deport USB port to the case.
      Hi, The ESD prolem doesn't cause a crash or errors on the device, but on the PC. USB controllers on PC doesn't handle problems on signal lines. I found that you could have 3 levels: 1) Driver returns errors, you can restart transmission by...
    • A
      Hi, If your application is protected against EMI, a simple usb-RS232 will do the job. Choose one based on FTDI devices. No surprises on the long term with drivers, new windows versions, fake units, ..... Canbus is also an option. It needs a...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread Teensy 4/4.1 wifi solution.
      Hi, Why not use a simple wifi router. Configure it once in extender/repeater (can't remember the exact term) so it will connect to your main Wifi. Cheaper than a Pi, no software. As for the Pi, we all have an unused old router. Angelo
    • A
      Hi, Unless it is for diagnostic and/or configuration, use of USB in industrial environment is not a good idea. USB is not EMI resistant. A simple ESD on the connectors or case, and you loose the connection. Generaly, on the PC side. At best...
    • A
      Angelo replied to the thread +/-5V power from USB.
      I don't say it is a bad design. I just say it could be better with some minor modifications. I made some implementations, which were "perfect" from my point of view. Even after reading a lot of application notes. My collegue made some...
    • A
      And to filter the current flow, both input and output, current should be forced to go to the capacitor pad, and then continue from the pad to the next connexion. Angelo
    • A
      To avoid EMI problems and to ensure performance, the layout should be way way more compact. Layout hints are respected, but components around the LT1930 and LT1931 are too much dispersed. Angelo
    • A
      Hello, If the vehicles are moving away/to the mic, frequencies would change. See doppler effect. Angelo
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back