defragster
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• defragster
      Yes, that was a good design from @FRDM4236 that could work well when soldering went well. Then PJRC made the T_4.1 and both of those T_4.0 units lost most of their value/need.
    • defragster
      I forgot to mention that back before T41 I had the most luck hooking up sd to T4 using http://www.trainer4edu.com/edubase_teensy/frdm_4236.html I had a variation of it…
    • defragster
      TallDog / loglow did a T_4.0 breakout board https://www.tindie.com/products/loglow/teensy-40-breakout-revision-a/ and the SD wires were not right the first time IIRC. Here is a snippet from the product card that might help confirm ordering. The...
      • 1716865074072.png
    • defragster
      Before the T4.1, I did a few of them. Sometimes without it always working. One thing I typically do in a case like this is to use a program to check the continuity of each of the pins. Often times I use a program I have posted several times...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to BenDanville's post in the thread Arduino IDE 2.3.2? with Like Like.
      Great thanks for all the advice @defragster @ninja2 @PaulStoffregen and @Leon_Heller I had Arduino 1.8.9 working flawlessly for so long I was hesitant to change, but some of the IDE 2.x.x features were interesting.
    • defragster
      I spent some time reading the NXP SDK code Defragster posted in msg #10, and also the reference manual. Here's my initial and incomplete (see SEMC_SDRAMCR2, SEMC_SDRAMCR3, IP commands) attempt to convert it all to Teensy. Hopefully this at...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Arduino IDE 2.3.2?.
      Generally no problem as IDE 2.x likes to notify of updates and as they roll out it seems usually for the better.
    • defragster
      Updated Todo: * Add the missing AD_B1_XX pins * Top left of the board in the spreadsheet image in this thread, there are many GND pins. I will replace a few of them with 5V pins. * 4.5 already has USB Host and USB-PD (Power Delivery) on that...
    • defragster
      Perhaps write a simple sketch to control some digitalOutput pins in loop to trigger ISR()'s on the desired pins and see if the ISR() code gets called when done manually by pin #? In same interrupt.c file is this code that gets the common...
    • defragster
      Looking ... perhaps it resolves to an issue in teeny4\interrupt.c: Are all the pin 'port' items and #define's properly resolved and the logic involve to set up the interrupt as it does for 'factory' pins? void attachInterrupt(uint8_t pin, void...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread About expansion to RAM1.
      That seems about right. There are CODE and DATA caches on the 1062 of 32 KB that can speed up access to FLASH and RAM2 RAM2 runs at 1/4 of processor speed to data stored there isn't as fast as RAM1 that runs at processor speed. Also came back to...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released with Like Like.
      Linking this here since 1.59 officially "turned on" support for C++17: missing overrides for global operator new Example code: class A { private: char aligned_buffer[32] __attribute__((aligned(32))); public: A() { Serial.print("A lives...
    • defragster
      Even though the c++ compiler is passed switches like "-fnoexceptions -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics", the copy of libstdc++ that gets linked by Teensyduino was still built with exceptions enabled and includes a bunch of cruft associated with...
    • defragster
      No, it is usable for Serial Monitor and uploads as noted - not building or editing.
    • defragster
      Since there are so many synth projects on this forum, yet just a few talk about controllers for synths, I would like to introduce you to one of the projects I've been working on for some time... and I'm trying to motivate myself to finish it...
    • defragster
      @ninja2 - if it was used then how it looks and works is known - it has only been improved since it seemed the best tool to make Teensy better when it comes to SerMon on one or multiple connected units - or a single unit running multiple USB...
    • defragster
      Been a long time since much done with the ili9341 - nad not using the SD adapter then - not sure it was seen in use/working back then? TeensyDuino current is 1.59 - so lots of long tested updates since 1.55 - not sure if any SPI or other changes...
    • defragster
      wait! The display works fine. speedy quick! This is what I'm testing on. inside there is a Teensy 3.2 soldered to an Adafruit 1947 cap touch screen "shield". The issue is that I can not open most .bmp files. I assume the hardware is fine...
    • defragster
      @Dogbone06 - nice you sent that bare board with the first to the USA! Makes a great scanned photo image like in p#1040 and those before! @Dogbone06 did good work escaping so many pins from the smaller T_4.0 1062 {and those are what are 'in...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I can understand the concern about 5v pins... But we have had this issue with every 3.3v only teensy for awhile now. Also ditto for all of the 3.3v Arduino boards, like: the UNO R4 and GIGA But they all have a common setup. Note the UNO is...
    • defragster
      Wasn't seeing an issue - just a note ... from prior posts some will make boards and some plug wire arrays. Even an ideal total rework couldn't make it 'perfect' for all given potential uses and MEGA class pin count. And any rework has risk.
    • defragster
      Dug out the 32x32 LED matrix board (from 6 years ago) - I corrected 1 of three I got then set them aside as it wasn't easy drop in for Teensy :( The 3.3V cut trace to properly route 3.3V for POTs got dropped and needed manual wire runs :( Pulled...
      • 1716240977886.png
      • 1716241020735.png
    • defragster
      I’ll leave one or two blanks between ground and 5V to eliminate human error.
    • defragster
      Opps: The single 5V pin on current TEENSY boards. Every time I need GND I go to opposite Pin #0 corner of 5V when possible - if I go for GND beside 5V I double-double check for parallax or location error in the header and worry I'll insert into...
    • defragster
      The single 5V pin on current Teensy boards always causes fright here when putting wires in headers ... and it is isolated to a fixed corner Having them intermixed? Of course, re-routing all the GND out and shifting/layering in the new pins would...
    • defragster
      With regards to that, here's a todo list. * Add the missing AD_B1_XX pins * Top left of the board in the spreadsheet image in this thread, there are many GND pins. I will replace a few of them with 5V pins. * 4.5 already has USB Host and USB-PD...
    • defragster
      For now, I've decided to test @jmarsh's second option: make my class a derivative of EventResponder and override EventResponder.triggerevent. I think it has several advantages: 1. Minimal changes to source and no significant change in object...
    • defragster
      I can cautiously say it looks like the issue has been in fact as suspected: unclean, "no clean" flux. The previous units that I reported as "working," but not working with buttons as expected - this was user error. I didn't think about the fact...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
      are the Miilis Micros labels correct? This would be 1,000 times faster? Capture time (millis): 210 PXP time(micros) : 204 No units on : Display time: 232
    • defragster
      The standard Arduino EEPROM library works with T3 and T4, look in the examples menu. Set the external RTC time to something different, for example a year ago. Upload a new sketch and see what time is reported.
    • defragster
      That looks like a nice device - with an important but rare to use feature: It will also show when current is flowing INTO USB Host. That can make the Teensy act funny based on a T_3.x issue seen here with externally powered display matrix that...
    • defragster
      The RTC Time to T_4.x is set during UPLOAD - not stored in code (with check on static RAM value) as done on the T_3.x's. There is a way to disable the RTC time setting on upload as it was implemented in the TyCommander/TyQt program: That was...
      • 1716049335166.png
    • defragster
      Gen4.5 already has USB-Host and USB Power Delivery. It’s sort of a facelift I made.
    • defragster
      :) - Was just putting blame where it belonged. Getting it hashed out better than linking back to it ... that post didn't get much attn at the time iirc though @Dogbone06 did make a note. It was the @KurtE prior post about 100mm (?) that spawned...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Thanks. Been at it again. Since its the set of functions I am using all the time I just created a new one that I am testing. This way don't have to keep copying and pasting code PXP_ps_output(tft.width(), tft.height(), /* Display...
    • defragster
      In the IDE hitting " CTRL + T " might have helped catch your eye First is the uncorrected then Paul's posted after Ctrl+T - notice the shifting indenting Oddity ? void setup() { RTC.begin(); RTC.setDate(16, 05, 24)...
    • defragster
      close look might find a missing component or short from residual solder. Compare to the posted T_4.1 PJRC images. Perhaps take and post photos to review.
    • defragster
      @defragster put that (or adding a single 90° Cross row) out wondering if the denser pin presentation would better fit 100mm (?) limit on low cost 'machine made' boards and limit the wire length for physical wires as well. The (image above...
    • defragster
      And ... @defragster mentioned in p#2 - the examples ...
    • defragster
      Is the custom "DIY_T_4.1" using an 8 MB Flash chip for code storage? 2 MB ID's it as a T_4.0 and 16 MB will register as a T_MM.
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to BriComp's post in the thread Porting Teensy 3 library to Teensy 4 with Like Like.
      Hi, @duff it's so good to see you back.
    • defragster
      Try putting #define BUILTIN_SDCARD 254 before you #include SdFat.h. There is code inside that header that depends on it being defined, so if you put it after the file is included (like in your first post) it's not going to work. (The fact that...
    • defragster
      #define BUILTIN_SDCARD 254 is the same on T_3.5 and T_4.1. It is not a physical pin, but rather an indicator to use the SDIO interface where CS pin is not relevant. Teensy uses an included version of SDFAT configured for use with SD.h and any...
    • defragster
      Port access works and there are examples - most seen posted over a year ago it seems
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Serial2 not printing.
      This is where the RX<>TX jumper in place of the actual XBee board test in p#2 might give helpful feedback. If that works with .begin early in setup then the hardware is good. If it works without the XBee then points to the issue. If it then...
    • defragster
      The idea is to make the gen5 to have the pins needed, then from that I have already planned to make a shield for the two screens that @Rezo has in his possesion. Other shields can be done by you guys as well. And of course the Gerber files and...
    • defragster
      Hi h4yn0nnym0u5e, That is very helpful. I really appreciate you sharing your experience, and the link. I'm blown away at how awesome you all are, and how great the forum is. Teensy is much more than a product - it's a legend, with caring people...
    • defragster
      @Thundercat - Awesome having those Teensy units return to some degree of function - so not burned up or totally destroyed. @KurtE recently reposted the Pin_Test we worked out that allows seeing each pin tapped to GND or 3.3V in turn to verify...
    • defragster
      I cleaned the boards really well to remove any suspicious "no clean" flux from them. @defragster, I did your suggestion of first holding the button in prior to inserting the USB cable, and then counting about 16 seconds. No flashing red light...
    • defragster
      15 sec Restore can work from a USB Power Bank - it does not rely on Host Communications. > this will not work on a Locked Teensy as the stored factory code is not acceptably .eHex encoded. > IIRC at least one went bad before final LOCK'ing? When...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back