defragster
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• defragster
      Ok think I found one issue with the FontTest4 sketch. If you comment out this line (156 or so) else tft.setFontDef(); and replace with //else tft.setFontDef(); else {} no issue with rotation - draws cleanly. fontDef is defined in the ,h as...
    • defragster
      I am getting a little farther with the Picture viewer. I get images displayed but goes away quick.... It has to do with we were using a sort of frame buffer in the output code: The SPI code: inline void writeRect(int x, int y, int cx, int cy...
    • defragster
      I never have played with this. Definitely will check it out:D
    • defragster
      Same here.
    • defragster
      Wrote a quick sketch for testing rotation and getPixel function as thought it might be interesting to try out. Again seems issues with rotation and may pixel cursor? 1st heres the sketch #include "Arduino.h" #include "RA8876_t3.h" #include...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Please stop this spammer with Like Like.
      The forum's logging shows the new rules that block new user registrations from ASN 45609 are being triggered, one of them only 12 minutes ago and the other a few hours ago. Impossible to know if it's blocking legitimate new users or the same...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Please stop this spammer.
      Either way - Lots of activity on threads or posts for a first time sign up - not sure of the granularity the BBS offers for startup control. Some BBS's allowed required EMAIL confirm before posts and IIRC Paul didn't want to require such. The...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Please stop this spammer with Like Like.
      Is it possible to cap the number of new threads a user can make in 24 hours? I can't really imagine any situation here where anyone would need to create >3 threads in one day.
    • defragster
      Always a bummer when good folks suffer for the actions of the spammers having big blocks Blocked :( Found the REPORT on the USER account and used that. Not sure if that can have a setting put an account on 'timeout'? If so, perhaps selectable...
      • 1719198522097.png
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Please stop this spammer with Like Like.
      Sorry for the delay. I was at the Teardown conference all day. Looking at this just now... Sadly, it seems the spammers from India that plagued the old vbulletin server have returned. I had really hoped we would not need to block huge...
    • defragster
      and three more?
    • defragster
      @defragster thanks for the links. Unfortunately as they don't use the SAI/I2S interface, they are of no help. I made some changes - now I can get it to play until the buffer is full #include "SdFat.h" #include "Audio.h" #include "Wire.h"...
    • defragster
      Great you got playing from a buffer. Indeed, it uses some cool timing to make sound from coded values adjusting DAC type output values. Read that timing was an issue and this uses interrupts to feed it not DMA - other than that not seen anything...
    • defragster
      Another two big groups today from a spammer ... was nice on old setup when Sr+ could insta zap them ... Of course not been as common since past days
    • defragster
      Only thing like this with recurring timer interrupts worked with here was the TALKIE code. https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Talkie It uses a timer interrupt calling: static void sayisr()...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062.
      :) If there is a 'best' common feature set, then getting that working in one batch would be a good start for proof of concept. The Star interconnect should 'simply' work - but look how long sliced bread took :) Getting it wired and then...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062.
      3 bytes times 1280 times 720 is 2.64 MB so two of those buffers fit easily in 32MB single SDRAM/VRAM as on the DevBoard design. That leaves 26.7 MB free from the 32MB - enough room for larger display or 10 more such buffers? Noted on other...
    • defragster
      That posted sketch is BLANK? With Serial4.begin( ??? ) at the right baud rate then pins 16 and 17 are correct if Rx on one goes to Tx and also Tx goes to Rx. GND must also be connected, and the device must be getting enough POWER to run. Are...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread watchdog Timer for teensy 4.1.
      Interesting how this happens? Is the NoteOff missed or somehow lost? Or is there something latching the pin ON when it was commanded to drop to OFF? Watchdog is critical when the sketch can HANG somehow. Not sure there is a hang of any sort...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread watchdog Timer for teensy 4.1.
      Fire Bad! There are examples of use for the Watchdog library. Posted code is made readable (indentation is preserved) when using the CODE markup - first icon "</>" on the toolbar. Post can be edited for a short time - select the CODE and then hit...
    • defragster
      IIRC @PaulStoffregen posts about the solder/flux used and it is water soluable/washable. Yes - see here: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/new-teensy-4-0-suddenly-not-recognized.74957/post-343582
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      * I am far from an expert, I've only designed a few BGA boards thus far. It's sometimes hard to route, the 5V is there because it was the easiest way. Going to a 6-layer board would make life many times easier. I just got my first 6-layer board...
    • defragster
      Does this mean the 1062 wasn't fuse configured and updated? Would the 15 Sec Restore complete this? @bhaskar was this tried?
    • defragster
      @KurtE. Running on the Micromod without framebuffer Benchmark Time (microseconds) Screen fill 138254 Text 7652 Lines 217629 Horiz/Vert Lines 11572 Circles (filled)...
    • defragster
      If a 15 sec Restore works it should stay with RED LED on some long time then come back to blink showing the bootloader and the 1062 are in good shape together. >> Power, Press Button and hold ~15 secs until RED LED (bootloader LED) flashes and...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Long time log on SD card.
      Not seen any long term 2 year runs to an SD card noted? Given it is T_4.1: One idea would be a Bottom soldered QSPI FLASH chip - 64+MB would hold 2 years of logging and could be sent to SD card daily or weekly for backup and retrieval that would...
    • defragster
      @Paul - New DevBoard 5 out of the oven and March is behind us ...
    • defragster
      Just as a side note for testing purposes ported over my old Buddabrot example:
    • defragster
      Only timing tests were with the graphics test sketch: Micromod SPI MM Parallel Benchmark Time (microseconds) Screen fill 615251 Text 10915 Lines...
    • defragster
      This needs a Serial.begin(115200); before it can print to the console. Fixed. I just pushed the latest to GitHub.
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread New USB Host library for Teensy 4.x with Like Like.
      I've written a new USB Host support library for Teensy 4.x boards: https://github.com/A-Dunstan/teensy4_usbhost Key features: - dynamic driver instantiation, e.g. can support any number of hubs or other devices since driver objects can be...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread New USB Host library for Teensy 4.x with Like Like.
      Looks like fun. Who knows, maybe it can replace the USBHost_t36... I always wanted to use something like threads, but... Note: If I try to clone it using Windows github desktop it gives me a real strange error message. Maybe the submodule...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to markkimball's post in the thread Teensy 4.0 with odd boot problem with Like Like.
      I found the problem. It is due to a programming issue of my own making. I was having some different problems so I decided to make a pared-down program that just represented the problematic portion, and failed to copy two very important...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Teensy Qt.
      PING ... still using this to great effect - no recent updates - it is still awesome. But hard to find in search so maybe this will help.
    • defragster
      You might try DUAL USB for a debug on the second USB port. USB Serial typical runs well until something crashes the USB code or interrupts that service it. " Tools / USB Type: Dual Serial" USB might survive and allow Debug output? Only ever used...
      • 1718697593378.png
    • defragster
      Note that the QNEthernet library supports a W5500 driver for the Teensy 4.0. It’s possible for other drivers to be written too.
    • defragster
      The QNEthernet library should support Teensy 4.0 just fine, including accessing the MAC address. I tested this. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug. I’ll explore more later today.
    • defragster
      With manual control of the pins - not the SPI hardware ? - look into setting the slew rate higher for faster rise time?
    • defragster
      I went into the source files and found that enet_get_mac() [ in ...\GitHub\QNEthernet\src\lwip_t41.c] and put in a sketch with edits for Print's and results are as shown. Based on Paul's CrossPost #13 - there may be an #ifdef type exclusion for...
    • defragster
      Just stole this code {and added printf()'s} from QNEthernet and T_4.0 returns a MAC just fine: uint8_t gmac[24]; void enet_get_mac(uint8_t *mac) { if (mac == NULL) { return; } uint32_t m1 = HW_OCOTP_MAC1; uint32_t m2 = HW_OCOTP_MAC0...
    • defragster
      Yes, expected by design noted in post #2.
    • defragster
      Probably a typo for &amp;
    • defragster
      Dear webmasters, should the following code snippet on your page: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_code_security.html Not be an ampersand? That code does not compile.
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread SD Card Write Speed Patterns.
      AFAIK, Internal to the "SD hardware/controller system" in use on the card at hand
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to mborgerson's post in the thread weird weird weird with Like Like.
      You're right about that. I think I missed that part in the related article in post #15. I tested that with some code: struct OrderedValues{ uint32_t big1; uint32_t big2; uint16_t middle1; int16_t middle2; bool goodbad1; bool...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread SD Card Write Speed Patterns.
      Nothing concrete - but general observation from prior notes suggest indeed the SD hardware/controller system does housekeeping with some 'regularity' that takes a larger time period, and it seems this may be what is being recorded. Was the file...
    • defragster
      Just to disambiguate some terms: The Teensy 4.1 has support for “native Ethernet”, meaning there’s a PHY chip on-board for interfacing with Ethernet ports. There’s also a library called “NativeEthernet” that happens to be included with the...
    • defragster
      Thanks Shawn. I used your QNEthernet and the Ethernet kit from PJRC, and it works a treat! I am gobsmacked at the speeds I am getting. Revolutionised my project TBH.
    • defragster
      Yes, QNEthernet retrieves the Teensy's stored MAC.
    • defragster
      It's OK, no need to "mark as solver", you just have.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back