defragster
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• defragster
      defragster reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Meanwhiles, for anyones enjoyment, here is a video of a music player demo running on LVGL v9.0.0 I think there is a lot of room left to optimize. It has two screen sized frame buffers (1.3Mb each) that LVGL writes into, and the eLCDIF reads from...
    • defragster
      I made quick note somewhere on past pages with initial speed results showing longer at faster - but not seen with current test. Another thing the 'OneScanCap.ino' occasionally shows is an added 3 seconds to all times across the tests between one...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Sorry been distracted today for a bunch of reasons. Reran the tests but added the time to copy the array DMAMEM to EXTMEM: 0 errors, 1010 microseconds to copy DMAMEM to DMAMEM: 0 errors, 319 microseconds to copy RAMMEM to RAMMEM: 0 errors...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Help with Teensy Loader with Like Like.
      Not something I want to touch. if i were easy to do then maybe Paul would integrate it into teensyloadercli and then others could then migrate it into different apps like TyCommander
    • defragster
      Okay, Thanks. Something else then ... MCU cycling faster and leaving the SDRAM behind it seems ...
    • defragster
      As for the problems at MCU F_CPU over 600 MHz - perhaps it is these likely these ns_to_clocks() timing based values not adjusting for enhanced F_CPU_ACTUAL clock rates so recovery times are being violated ? // configure SDRAM parameters...
    • defragster
      More fun trivia? Seemed the "wfi" would wake to allow incoming USB Serial data so indeed this works: if (CrashReport) { Serial.print(CrashReport); Serial.print("Any Key to continue ..."); delay(50); while (1) { if (...
    • defragster
      There was some amount of temp watching with OC and the start of the tempmon library in the Beta thread. 816 was marked as highest speed for OC where heatsink wasn't required. But if temps climb then heat a problem as used. Smaller T_4.0 PCB more...
    • defragster
      Wondered what happened with an MCU OC build - went to 720 MHz - Not good ... Should the freq math calc's be adjusted?: Start 57 tests with 5 reads 132.92 MHz ... wait::##########CrashReport: A problem occurred at (system time) 18:41:47 Code...
    • defragster
      Nice, as expected no cap seems to work up to 206 MHz - based on prior runs by one or more others, and here. Odd though it should have a line for 133 MHz if the downloaded sketch LINE#1 wasn't changed from: #define FIRST_SPEED 0 And looking at...
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      @defragster Test with no cap Test results 57 tests with 5 ReReads: At 166 MHz in 142 seconds with 0 read errors At 196 MHz in 132 seconds with 0 read errors At 206 MHz in 130 seconds with 0 read errors At 216 MHz in 128...
    • defragster
      Posted this just now: https://github.com/mjs513/SDRAM_t4/tree/main/examples/OneScanCap and running with DevBoard v 4.0 and twin 6.8 pF caps the summary is: Test results 57 tests with 5 ReReads: At 133 MHz in 157 seconds with 0 read errors...
    • defragster
      Interesting - that case in use here would be easy to test.
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Help with Teensy Loader.
      Seemed I had seen it - thanks for confirming details! And good to know the .eHex process is otherwise doable. It just might be that @rvh could make use of a custom app if a single program allowed his process to complete.
    • defragster
      Working without cache attention seems called for and beneficial. And only reads suffer with cache not covering that region that is only used for writes? Posted twice the note from NXP reads go to ~1/4 speed without cache - writes drop 1 MB/sec...
    • defragster
      Okay - that makes sense. It seems that @luni (?) has made a version that can push .eHex? Someone did (??) - so that could be incorporated into TyComm if so - not sure of @Koromix having bandwidth to do that ... @KurtE has made some builds/edits...
    • defragster
      If Paul suggests that, it would be worth a try to emulate the needed parts of that config function to add that new non-cache region. As I read the startup.c code for the configure_cache() it seemed like altering the cache/MPU when already set...
    • defragster
      Not sure what this means? TyCommander cannot upload .eHex - it has a Bootloader GUI button that will invoke the Teensy.exe loader program without a physical Button press? Perhaps that is what is desired? A way to have Teensy.exe when not in Auto...
    • defragster
      Seeing this I went to the Code4Code example done to test on Beta Locking Teensy4 with TD 1.59. Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1: FLASH: code:2959140, data:808368, headers:9000 free for files:4349956 RAM1: variables:179680, code:45864...
    • defragster
      Confirmed. Even with Verify the Teensy.exe grabs/reuses .eHex part #2 when it is missing. But Close and Open Teensy.exe and point to an .eHex with No part #2 and: Still interesting that .eHex part #2 is marginally unique - but any .eHex part...
      • 1708281889907.png
    • defragster
      I believe you have found a previously unknown bug in Teensy Loader. If the 2nd part of .ehex is missing (which never happens when written by teensy_secure), but you previously loaded a good 2-part .ehex file, Teensy Loader ignores the...
    • defragster
      I scanned that partially once following the link - it has expanded since I last looked at it. So, without regard to much of that ... I've built 3 sketches that upload to a LOCKED T_4.1. :: 02:51:42.798 (loader): using encrypted ehex (required -...
    • defragster
      Since the Teensy 3.2 is discontinued I think that I may be able to make some Teensy 3.2 compatible boards to help anyone who needs it. My board will include a LiPo battery charger, Qwiic and USB-C connectors. The price is $25 each. The...
    • defragster
      I finished a prototype and also added a WS2812 RGB LED. The prototype works as I expected. If anyone is interested in manufacturing it please contact me at firebirduino@gmail.com I will give you Gerber files and BOM with 100% open source.
    • defragster
      defragster reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Finally got the HM01B01 camera working again with Teensy. So hooked it up to the SDRAM board using EXTMEM for the Buffer for still images. Did find that if you hook up a display best to use pins 0/1 for dc/rst if you are using 9/8 for other...
    • defragster
      Perhaps this later in that same thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensyduino-1-52-beta-3.60599/post-238070
    • defragster
      Prior work to assure alignment just over allocated by the alignment bytes needed then set the usable address masked upwards to that alignment boundary - perhaps that is what you did? This 32 byte example from...
    • defragster
      Opps - My bad - the blink is 1 millisecond not a whole second - of course it is not a visible blink. I was taking a quick run with the code and wrongly expecting to see a 1 sec blink like this: void setup() { pinMode(13, OUTPUT); CCM_CLPCR...
    • defragster
      Running this code on T_4.1 or T_4.0 or T_MM not seeing any LED blink? IDE 2.3 with TD 1.59.0 on Win 11
    • defragster
      Here's a quick update from me: Got some 5" and 4.3" LCDs here, 800*480px, 16.7M colors @Dogbone06 sent over some Adaftuit 40 pin lcd breakout boards which arrived on Monday, got to wiring it up day before last, and started testing. Consulted...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
      Updated IDE 2.3 JSON as posted, it was downloaded by IDE Board manager showed 1.59 to update when Teensy was searched. Clicked update and Install completed: It seems to have closed Teensy.exe and nothing else open conflicting prevented...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
      Put a T_3.5 on IDE 2.3 here and it was recognized and uploaded okay - w/tycomm But that WINDOW won't MOVE with title bar? Has NO Title bar - only menu bar on top. IDE is odd? Got that restart dialog again - it only restarted one sketch window...
    • defragster
      IDE 2.3.0 installed fine and worked for DevBoard build. Seems a good idea with a couple forum installs showing no new issues. Opened 2.1 and got some weird 'something changed restart' - did that twice and close and then the offer for 2.3 stayed...
      • 1707353658721.png
    • defragster
      @KurtE and I have been testing an OV7670 + spi displays (ili9341 and 9488). While testing the camera using extmem was getting what I would call halo effects: Switching to the pixel buffer in DMAMEM that affect clears up drastically. Maybe...
    • defragster
      defragster replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 psram memtest.
      Yes, that worked on the SDRAM - though had to change clock setting only - resending the IP commands to the SDRAM causes it to lose prior data. That may not apply to the PSRAM as it persists across warm restarts where the full init is already...
    • defragster
      That 'fail on write' is actually what I was looking at last on the SDRAM test evolution across speed changes. The PSRAM spec notes a condition where less than the 133 MHz full speed is supported.
    • defragster
      Would be interesting if the method of clock speed change details were included and any test sketch that showed the FAIL issue. The speed is limited for a reason since it hasn't been proven/tested good above the current default speed where that...
    • defragster
      Libs installed with the IDE by TeensyDuino or the Boards Manager will be updated.
    • defragster
      Looking at verbose console output this shows for major release build number:
    • defragster
      Works here: Installed on IDE 2 and Unzipped to IDE 1.8.19 and current sketch built and uploaded for both. Noted above - this is using a new URL: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_159b6_index.json
      • 1707120405867.png
    • defragster
      We’ve tested a wide range and a narrow range. The results says that 10pF or 12pF is probably the best caps. That’s allot more knowledge then we had before the tests. Further testing is ideally tested by you Paul. My offer stands, there’s a board...
    • defragster
      ... no words ...
    • defragster
      Indeed - was it worth the effort to get toward the CAP detail you asked for? Seemed an important question you had - without this hardware - for some reason. Going beyond the SDRAM 166 MHz has no reason to work reliably. Perhaps some tweaks to...
    • defragster
      Was questioning own results at 3AM so didn't post - but woke up to a better understanding of the one puzzle. At 254 MHz with 13.6 pF hand soldered 5 fixed patterns have no errors and overall errors are 0.0753% so this case is far from 58% errors...
    • defragster
      Mouser order shows 12 pF was 2% and the rest chosen from the @Dogbone06 list shipped 1% parts. The CAP placement/replacement should be easier with Hot Air and much lower temp (<300 instead of >>300) and time on the part should be less with...
    • defragster
      Interesting to see @Dogbone06 - fun that twin PCB design boards somehow diverge on ideal CAP. That Hot Air station on the way for 2/4 - fresh paste 2/5. might give it a try to get matching range of results and do the speed reversion on fail with...
    • defragster
      Just wanted to send a very heartfelt thank you to Paul for building the Teensy 4.1 microcontroller board. The context of this is my team just had our first successful test flight of our 4 tonne drone for fighting forest fires. The entire...
    • defragster
      With the latest code: https://github.com/mjs513/SDRAM_t4/blob/main/examples/CapReadSDRAMTest/CapReadSDRAMTest.ino Testing 3 different capacitors to compare my results to the ones of @defragster. Either his new code is the reason to why I now get...
    • defragster
      One Added Note: Whenever the 'Progress Bar' shows 'a' or "A" it is possible that value failed on Write, meaning #ReRead fails after that on each DWORD tested of the 8M. The Test could .begin() @166 for Write, then Jump to Read test speed to...
    • defragster
      Correct, Until this board went to 13.6 pF (twin 6.8's) 240 MHz always had errors - using the lead solder shown in the images I have done a few runs with 240 MHz and No Errors. <edit> And 'Yes' I plugged posted part numbers into Mouser and got...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back