G
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• G
      GuitarPhil reacted to eris's post in the thread TDM with AK4619 with Like Like.
      I am a fool. The issue was that I'd run out of AudioMemory. It didn't even occur to me that this could be possible, since I don't feel like I'm actually using very much, but I took a look at the TDM passthrough example and it's using...
    • G
      GuitarPhil reacted to eris's post in the thread TDM with AK4619 with Like Like.
      The working code, for posterity: #include <Wire.h> #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> #include <utility/imxrt_hw.h> class AK4619 { public: TwoWire* wire; uint8_t addr; void...
    • G
      GuitarPhil replied to the thread TDM with AK4619.
      Sweet (y)
    • G
      Ah, sorry, you're correct, I missed the clock settings. So many registers to check :rolleyes: It seems you are very close to getting it all working so well done and definitely get it all documented as I'm sure there are others who have been...
    • G
      With your changed register settings, you are now operating in TDM Mode 9, not Mode 10 as in your first attempt. What are the clock frequencies that the Teensy is outputting? For example is BICK equal to 128fs? What is the fs in your case? If...
      • Screenshot 2024-07-09 132208.png
      • Screenshot 2024-07-09 132247.png
    • G
      In your first post you mentioned you only had output from the left channels of both DACs. Is this note in the AK3619 datasheet P32, relevant to that, perhaps?
      • Screenshot 2024-07-09 130922.png
    • G
      Maybe the Teensy audio library cannot set the clock values that the AK4619 requires? Remembering that I'm using a straightforward two channel (L/R) I2S with the DSP chip generating the clocks, my values are: MCLK = 8.192MHz BICLK = 2.048MHz...
    • G
      I messed up the fs calculation - I said I'm often wrong! 22.6MHz = 256fs -> fs = 88.281 kHz, not 882.8kHz!
    • G
      I could be wrong (I often am!) but if your MCLK is 22.6MHz then since the datasheet states that MCLK = 256fs, dividing 22.6MHz by 256 gives fs = 882.8125kHz!!! When setting the AK4619 clock register to B00000000, as you are doing, then fs must be...
      • Screenshot 2024-06-01 173902.png
    • G
      I just realised that you are using the TDM audio format but the AK4619 defaults to I2S on power-up so you need to configure it to match the TDM data format that the Teensy is using. It will be one of modes 8, 9, 10, or 11, as listed in Table 2...
    • G
      The clock pins are connected correctly, as far as I can tell. What clock frequncies are you seeing on each pin, or at least, are they compatible with the AK4619's requirements? Your first post contained a screenshot from a scope but I don't see...
    • G
      This is my set-up code for the AK4619 codec. void configure_AK4619_Codec(int CodecAddress) { uint8_t returnCode; // Do NOT call this function directly: use the setUpCodec() function above as this will ensure the correct configuration...
    • G
      What analog input mode are you using on the AK4619? The chip has three possible ways to connect your audio. The AK4619 datasheet has this information: NB: the default is differential mode. Depending on which analog input pins you are using...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back