J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J
      jvphotog reacted to toyosm's post in the thread Ticking Noise with USB with Like Like.
      Tried this today, so far works like a charm!!. Replaced the core files (made a backup just in case) and worked. It does consume more AudioMemory than the stock usb. In my program used 20 blocks before (mostly to pass samples between blocks) and...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to h4yn0nnym0u5e's post in the thread Ticking Noise with USB with Like Like.
      The stock USB audio can have a few sync issues, leading to dropped or extra samples. If you’re feeling brave you could try the update linked here. You may or may not want to change the channel count, but it’s worked well for me on Windows - be...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to fan_2021's post in the thread 8 Channel TDM Audio Test Source with Like Like.
      What sizes are the passives and 4.7uH Inductor? Also, What's the part number for Ferrite bead? Also why does the board number need to be configured? If I am just using 1 board.
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Pio's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Before the ESP starts to talk to Teensy i wanted to see if everything works when put together into the enclosure, check the current consumption. Teensy + ESP32S + Display (not using any wireless connectivity yet) draws about 217mA from a 9VDC...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to MarkT's post in the thread Teensy 4 - 4.1 Good quality PWM audio with Like Like.
      Sounds like a job for the MQS feature. It uses noise-shaping to improve resolution and reduce quantization noise.
    • J
      Jay, The Line/instrument preamps have very high impedance (FET op amps) > 1M. So, yes to guitars on those inputs. The line inputs on the Mic / line boards are 35k, so not good for electric guitars, but fine after most pedals. Mic inputs are...
    • J
      Here you go! The dangly bit at the right is the DC-DC converter, and the DuPont cabling is connecting two differential outputs back to inputs for testing. I have no idea on C50 and C52, I cribbed them straight from “Figure 60. Buffer and...
    • J
      It's pretty much all in the github repo, but... control_pcm3168.cpp: /* Audio Library for Teensy 3.X * Copyright (c) 2014, Paul Stoffregen, paul@pjrc.com * * Development of this audio library was funded by PJRC.COM, LLC by sales of * Teensy...
    • J
      Very simply! I think it's quite important, but there's no very good way to force the programmer to use it, because you don't know which pin's in use. The 100ms delay is probably excessive, and certainly should be dealt with much better in proper...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Pio's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Thanks! Noise/oscillation issues are almost gone with the AK converters. I have used the stencil + solder paste and human pick&place. For placing the components i use either tweezers (larger components) or a vacuum pick up which i designed...
    • J
      Your program has AudioOutputAnalog. That can't possibly work with MAX98357 which needs I2S digital data. You need to use AudioOutputI2S (docs on the right side, scroll down to "Hardware"). Notice the pins needed for connection are different...
    • J
      WebMIDI (fx settings) + WebSerial (console + status report) in the browser, MIDI+Serial over USB for the Teensy. The GUI on the pic above is a platformio native linux project for LVGL9.1 which then will be run on the ESP32+TFT. ESP will control...
    • J
      On the GUI side: there is one main tab with quick access to the most used functions plus preset handling. All sections have their tabs with all the controls from the html page.
    • J
      and painted, in Melon Yellow :)
    • J
      Hell ya!
    • J
      Working on the enclosure now. Everything fits as planned. For the light pipes i'm going to use a 3mm round acrylic rods mounted into a LED bezels.
    • J
      Got the AK5552+AK4452 working with 32bit/44.1kHz. The difference is huge. Practically zero oscillation and much lower noise. Here is a visual comparison of the hi gain preset 5 output, inputs are shorted to GND:
    • J
      >>> Using the Lead amp i too have noise and a bif of whining tone. If you're using the SGTL5000, be sure to disable its built-in highpass filter. While it is useful for ensuring that your signal has no DC offset, the filter can introduce a...
    • J
      Boards arrived, now let's hope there will be no or minimal need for bodges.
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to MarkzP's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      I'm tempted to build one as well! Nice work!
    • J
      KiCad + FreeCAD. I think this will be the final configuration i'm going to build for myself:
    • J
      That looks amazing. What did you use to design that?
    • J
      Diecast boxes are pretty much standard for the stompbox builds. AK4552 vs AK4452 - of course that was typo, i mean the 32bit 4452. The volume pot will fit, tested many times in practice, the 3d model is not the type i'm going to use, i've just...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to KaoH's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Man you're moving on fast :) 1590XX is propably good choice as it's fairly common Hammond enclosure. And aluminium will provide shield. AK5552 looks like very high quality adc but for AK4552 I only found some obsolete part from Digikey and...
    • J
      Thank you! Hardware platform is in the works, i'm trying to make it versatile and mod friendly: Teensy4.1 AK5552 + AK4552 ADC+DAC can be replaced with a separate module containing a codec + whatever it needs. I2S, I2C, differential ADC input...
    • J
      Oh, please, any fixes are welcome. Meanwhile, a track i have been working on for a few weeks. All sounds are made with using this project on T4.1+WM8731, some post processing is used on the mix, nothing too drastic, though.
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to KaoH's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Fantastic playing, super sound and amazing song! Great opening for the upcoming "Powered by Teensy" from Hexe album :)
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to MarkzP's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Insane piece of work! You have managed to squeeze so much out of the T4 with this project, I'm really impressed with the results Marc
    • J
      Version 1.4 dropped in including: new way to define and add hardware platforms. Minimal is now a standard T40 + Audio Adaptor Board pre built hex files for T40 & T41 + Audio Board added ES8388 codec (i'm quite disappointed with this one, but...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Expensive Notes's post in the thread Dalek Synth with Like Like.
      I modified a toy Dalek I was given (its original function was broken) to become a bespoke synth. Here is a demo of it, version 1. The internals include a Teensy 4.1 and Audio card.
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to MarkT's post in the thread Designing an Inverse Notch Filter? with Like Like.
      A biquad with setBandPass is clearly the way to go... Very high Q may cause stability issues though, but you should be able to get higher than 5...
    • J
      Something like this? float getval(int channel) { return 0.5f;} class Knob { enum {below,above,track} state; int channel; float physicalValue; float returnedValue; public: Knob(int ch) : state(track) { channel = ch; }...
    • J
      If you mean with 'go bit crazy' that you go with higher quality, low latency converters then that sounds the way to go. You are spending lots of time with getting best out of those effects and doing fantastic job with that so it makes sense to...
    • J
      Here's what I get with both #define MEASURE_CODEC_PERFORMANCE commented & uncommented (I let it run for +5min each): ... Accumulator: 0 RAW RMS: 4.11 AudioEffectRmsMeasure: the RMS figure is -78.03 dBFS over 345 audio blocks ... Is this...
    • J
      Yes, I'm using your library While doing the calibration eliminates the DC offset from the I2S input, however if you feed it with a full scale signal, you'll see that it begins to clip much sooner than it should on one side. I'll try the test...
    • J
      This is what i'm getting, no calibration done, peak values taken for all gain settings (0x00-0x1F) over a 1 sec step between them. ADC is not muted internally, only the input audio via the jack contacts, there is an opamp buffer before the ADC.
    • J
      One major problem I see with the WM8731 is high DC offset that seems to originate from the internal gain stage. This directly impacts the ADC dynamic range to an unusable level, as the signal will clip on the affected side no matter how the HPF...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Blackaddr's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      MarkzP the WM8731 requires DC offset calibration to get the best performance. If you are using my BALibrary with your TGA Pro, are you using the BAAudioControlWM8731::recalibrateDcOffset() function? There is also a test example program that...
    • J
      Here is an interesting comparison: feedback + noise on high gain (Lead2 + Boost used to cut low end only) for the two codecs: SGTL5000 + WM8731 Granted, the WM8731 on my board has a separate Vreg for the analog 3.3V rail and a lot more uF on all...
    • J
      Im getting this linking error when trying to compile: "/.platformio/packages/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi-teensy/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: .pio/build/teensy_audio_board/src/main.cpp.o: in function...
    • J
      Yes, it will be designed from scratch. Well, almost, i'll use whatever i learned from previous builds. I have a sneaky plan which might work: design the pcb with the codec being a kind of module on the pcb - original can be cut off, removed and...
    • J
      Cool!! Do you think you'll use the PCM3168? I was actually thinking about making a modular board, with breakout for a screen, and some pots/buttons. And then on the codec side make it modular so you could plug in guitars, or line, or mic preamp...
    • J
      It's just another reason to start a dedicated hardware design. These are the settings for the SGTL5000 i'm using now: codec.inputSelect(AUDIO_INPUT_LINEIN); codec.volume(0.0f); codec.micGain(0); codec.muteHeadphone(); codec.lineInLevel(0)...
    • J
      Wow thats awesome! Which codec are you planning on using? Are you designing something new?
    • J
      Maybe something went wrong with the default settings/presets written to eeprom on the 1st boot. Please try the following: - open the stats.cpp file - in the stats_init() function, line 51, change statsMode = STATS_MODE_INFO; to statsMode =...
    • J
      At least your experience with the SGTL is similar to mine. However my guitar doesnt have active pickups. I think the highest I saw when strumming strings hard was around 100-200mV. I'll try the eeprom tonight - I thought that might be an issue...
    • J
      Working on the simpler version for Teensy4.0. I do have it with a SGTL5000 codec, default input gain it too much for a guitar. I think i copied it from an example. LineIn gain is is set to 10, but 5 is the optimal value - tested with a 7string +...
    • J
      Alright what am I doing wrong... I cant get this new version to work. The html controls don't seem to work and Its stuck on the default clean amp and its heavily distorting. I loaded the older version and its working fine.
    • J
      The sound is a direct recording from Teensy/WM8731 into a mixer, no post processing at all.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back