J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J
      Also, how do you get away with not using any regular audio memory? I thought you had to allocate a tiny bit even if using F32... but this doesnt
      • Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 8.26.54 AM.png
    • J
      Here is an interesting online source that might help calibrate things the old fashion way. Can you touch the PCM3168A continuously without pain, or only for short periods?
    • J
      Been playing around a bit more. I got the high/lowpass filter and peaking filters working. I cant for the life of me figure out how to map the controls from "0-100" to what they actually are. I think it might be in the bundle.js file, but thats...
      • Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 5.19.14 PM.jpg
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Pio's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Nice build! The difference between an unbuffered (LoZ, under 100k) and bufferred input (>300k-1M) won't be very drastic, usually it's the top end where various overtones live. With clean sound it might be only slightly noticeable. With...
    • J
      I've added a reset(pin#) function to the AudioControlPCM3168 object - it's pushed to the repo linked in post #1. Before you call AudioControlPCM3168::enable(), you should call AudioControlPCM3168::reset(pin), using the Teensy pin number you...
    • J
      I am in the process of retrofitting an existing PCB that currently uses the CS42448. It looked pretty straightforward to me, so the fact you got it working is good confirmation. FYI - One interesting observation is that the nominal supply...
    • J
      That’s about what I’m seeing. It certainly gets pretty warm … I have some thermistors on the way to track it. Though if I can borrow the IR camera from work, that’d be fun! I seem to recall Paul observed the CS42448 gets quite toasty, too.
    • J
      Ive played around a bit more with your last update. I had actually ordered a PSRAM chip when I bought the Teensy so I decided to solder that on. The delay works well on my T4.1 and Audio board. I played around with adding a Boss TU-2 in and out...
      • IMG_5494.jpeg
      • IMG_5495.jpeg
      • IMG_5497.jpeg
    • J
      C46/47/50/52 provide very low impedance (at HF) to the ADCs while they are sampling - usually needed to get to datasheet levels of SNR. The opamp by itself will have quite high output impedance at HF, allowing ADC input currents to inject noise...
    • J
      Hi folks I've been playing around with the PCM3168, a near-alternative to the CS42448 which is now shown as discontinued on Cirrus Logic's website. From a functionality point of view, the PCM3168 doesn't have the ability to add another pair of...
    • J
      Ive used this: https://github.com/MarkzP/AudioEffectDynamics_F32 It's a compressor, gate, and limiter.
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Pio's post in the thread Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation with Like Like.
      Version with Delay requires PSRAM, although you can change it using the delay constructor. Default settings are 400ms in RAM2. I've set it to 1sec in PSRAM: AudioEffectDelayStereo_F32 echo=AudioEffectDelayStereo_F32(1000, true); // 1 sec...
    • J
      Yes, delay and Reaper JS plugin are in. I have changed the signal path a bit. The amp sim is mono, but i made the component to work a 2xmono one, summing the L+R inputs when on and sending the same signal to L+R output. However, when bypassed...
    • J
      Does the delay require the PSRAM? My teensy doesn’t have it and I didn’t notice any issues, but I was using the version before you added delay. I also have the guitar plugged straight into the audio shield and it works surprisingly well. I’ll try...
    • J
      Delay!
    • J
      main.cpp is the main sketch, like *.ino file. The difference is you have to declare all functions before using them just as with regular c/c++ programming. To add more controls via the web interface, using the codec input level as an example: 1...
    • J
      What problems did you encounter with the PlatformIO? I have just tested a fresh install of VScode + PIO on Win10, cloned project repo installed all the libraries and compiled fine. There has been changes to the main library, clicking build does...
    • J
      Success! After reading and playing around a bit more I got it working. The web control is very impressive. I really wish I could get this to work on Arduino so I can stick a parametric EQ in the chain. I think it would would be very useful. I...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to palmerr's post in the thread TDM Matrix mixer with Like Like.
      Hi, I use a variant of Paul's CS42448 board - see https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58836-CS42448-board-update-for-T4-pinouts-and-improved-performance it provides 8x8 with a CS5341 ADC for the extra two input channels, it also provides balanced ins...
    • J
      I played a bit with the Reaper's JS plugin engine. The new Amp Modeler example will include a JS controller plugin, doing pretty much the same as the html+webMDI, but with automation, MIDI clock sync and all the audio tools a DAW provides.
    • J
      Dang :( No wonder I couldn't get it to work... I also tried playing around with PlatformIO and couldn't get that to work. Ill just have to wait or spend more time in VS
    • J
      I tried, but failed for now. After getting all the path and includes correct Arduino somehow puts a lot of code into RAM1, exceeding the limit. No problems with Platformio.
    • J
      Is it possible to use just the AmpModeler in a Arduino IDE sketch? I already have a working sketch that has eq and reverb, it would be cool to try out the amp modeler in it.
    • J
      I think my issues might be related to my amazon bread board. I got it working for a bit on a solder less breadboard. What's the best way to isolate digital noise and analog noise? Can I just use isolation transformers? Should power to the shield...
    • J
      Im trying to separate the audio shield and the Teensy so i can isolate the grounds and Im having a bit of trouble getting it to work. I have a separate 3.3v source to power the audio shield, and im getting correct voltage, confirmed by the top of...
    • J
      Yes, i know about tonehunt, however the NAM models are not compatible with this version of the component. IR cabsim can be bypassed or just imply removed. There is an EQ built into the SGTL5000 codec used on the TeensyAudioAdaptor. Just a matter...
    • J
      Amp Modeler example project is available here: https://github.com/hexeguitar/hexefx_audiolib_F32_examples/tree/main/NeuralAmpModeler For now PlarformIO only.
    • J
      Any chance you will add a parametric EQ instead of the IRs?
    • J
      Oh sorry, I only watched the first video and when I looked at the GitHub I didnt see the web interface you have in the second video. Really cool stuff man!
    • J
      Here is a next component for my audio effect library for Teensy4: Stereo guitar/bass cabinet emulation based on Uniformly-Partitioned Convolution Filter by Brian Millier. A PlatformIO and ArduinoIDE projects are available in the examples repo...
    • J
      This is so cool! It is possible to have the amp modeler and reverb working at the same time?
    • J
      Ah! Thank you KrisKasprzak, I'll look at your controls code and play around with it. Thanks!
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to KrisKasprzak's post in the thread Help with a 4 band parametric eq with Like Like.
      Flicker free is just for keeping text from flickering. Nothing to do with drawing graphics. I saw this line of code above // Clear the previous state - fill only the non-border area tft.fillRect(x, y, barWidth, height, ILI9341_BLACK)...
    • J
      Holy moly batman! That is really impressive, and thank you for the resources. Your FFT seems like it's drawing extremely well. And it looks like you're just using fill rect just like me... however you're using an include called flicker free? Is...
    • J
      Thank you, that makes sense. Overwriting first with the background color would definitely be less redrawn pixels! What do you do for dynamic visuals that constantly move? Thanks!
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to kd5rxt-mark's post in the thread Help with a 4 band parametric eq with Like Like.
      Here's the method that I use (not DMA specific): in general, keep track of the values from both the current update & the previous update. When it's time for an update, first redraw the "previous_value" using the background color, then draw the...
    • J
      Been trying to play around with DMA and frame buffering but Im not sure Im doing it correctly. This will make the VU meter display much nicer but my menu system will freak out with a lot of lines through it if I scroll using the encoder. How do...
    • J
      Hi, I made some improvement to the library which now supports blitting rotated and rescaled sprites with bilinear filtering. If anyone is interested in creating a gauge, a counter or a clock, then these methods can be pretty handy (especially...
    • J
      Thank you, I'll try shorter wires and monkeying around with the connections. The bread board connections aren't the best. Im a little confused about the correct connections listed on the prjc.com touch display page. I have my Teensy 4.1 plugged...
      • Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 11.23.01 AM.png
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to tomas's post in the thread Help with a 4 band parametric eq with Like Like.
      It's hard to say without seeing the flicker on the video, but sometimes display may be having problems with keeping up with reliable transfer at high SPI clocks or the wires that you are using to connect to display are too long to transmit high...
    • J
      Thank you tomas. I think I understand, but I cant get it to work. It seems that any time a "fillrect" is called anywhere on the screen, it causes the screen to flicker a bit, no matter where the rect is filling? . I commented out the fillrect and...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to tomas's post in the thread Help with a 4 band parametric eq with Like Like.
      Typically flickering is because you first erase content and then you draw. Between erase and new draw there is nothing on screen and that causes flicker. To avoid that you should "never paint the same pixel twice". Don't erase the content of...
    • J
      Yes using FIR is good idea, but if you want to go IIR way a simple biquad structure implements all kinds of filters (LP, HP, BP, BR, halving, etc), you can use calculator here to find out coefficients needed...
    • J
      jvphotog reacted to Bob Larkin's post in the thread Help with a 4 band parametric eq with Like Like.
      Take a look at doing it with FIR filtering. The size of the FIR relates to the relative frequency width of the narrowest band in the equalizer. Traditional hardware and some DSP implementations used biquad or similar IIR filtering. The Teensy...
    • J
      6ms is a bit high if you are mixing in a dry signal elsewhere. If you want to reduce the latency cut the number of samples in an audio block down from the default 128. Edit .../cores/teensy4/AudioStream.h and change AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES to 16...
    • J
      Latency measurement I used my scope and generator to do a latency measurement. Its latency measured at 6.38ms. https://forum.pjrc.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31252&d=1686190142&thumb=1&stc=1
    • J
      I am adding the Processing 3 code to visualize the curves i used with waveshape. Do not compile this code in Adruino without converting it first. This Code is for Pocessing 3. // For Guitar Distortion using Teensy 4.0 with Audio Shield // Up to...
    • J
      First I would like to thank Kenny Peng for coding the waveshape example that I could build from. I wanted to experiment with the waveshape effect in Teensy Audio for use with electric guitar and organ. I found that is was best to test the math I...
    • J
      Thanks for replying guys. Haha Ive had some time to work on this! I found a IIR filter in a project from 6 years ago called TeensyDist, made by jcugnoni, works great for my needs. https://github.com/jcugnoni/TeensyDist This is has been a major...
      • IMG_4133.JPG
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back