KurtE
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• KurtE
      Getting too old to solder and resolder those small parts. Easier just to order one already set up :)
    • KurtE
      So you decided not to unsolder something like 9 (19, R21-28) resistors and one jumper(3), plus then solder one resistor(20) and one jumper(6) Ditto... I have not ordered a new one yet, although I do have the one from Amazon also arriving tomorrow.
    • KurtE
      KurtE replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
      @mjs513 has played a lot more with this stuff than I have. I am still trying to understand some of the basics... Just doing this for the fun of it with the different cameras. Simply trying to read from camera, massage the data and show it on an...
    • KurtE
      I did set it as a test using the buydisplay and still only blank screen - did order one from buydisplay but as you said that will take a few weeks to get here . In the mean time I did order from amazon the other uno shield as well. That will...
    • KurtE
      I am assuming that that it was voted down. I am also assuming that this vote was for double row with different signals. And not, double rows like the Sparkfun Micromod boards like: Where they have two connections per signal.
      • 1716898838929.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Will keep this in mind!
    • KurtE
      I forgot to mention that back before T41 I had the most luck hooking up sd to T4 using http://www.trainer4edu.com/edubase_teensy/frdm_4236.html I had a variation of it…
    • KurtE
      TallDog / loglow did a T_4.0 breakout board https://www.tindie.com/products/loglow/teensy-40-breakout-revision-a/ and the SD wires were not right the first time IIRC. Here is a snippet from the product card that might help confirm ordering. The...
    • KurtE
      yeah thought about it - but probably easier to just order a new one, Andyes 0R means just that
    • KurtE
      @KurtE - You beat me to it :D 8080 8-bit Interface J1,J2,J6 Short and J3,J4,J5 Open. R1~R10=0R,R20=0R and R17~R19,R21~R28 Not Soldering I wonder what "0R" means? EDIT: Probably 0 resistance (shorted)...
    • KurtE
      I have the same board... Will try later. Mine is also setup for SPI4 Looks like Would need to change J3 and J6... But also looks like might have to add or remove some resisters?
      • 1716851607845.png
    • KurtE
      I have pushed up fork/branch with it in it: https://github.com/KurtE/T4_PXP/tree/PXP_callback Which I am experimenting with.
    • KurtE
      Do you have a link to one? I have what looks like the same one that @mjs513 has... I See Amazon has: https://www.amazon.com/FainWan-digitizer-Compatible-Ar-duino-Mega2560/dp/B09LM76KXY/ref=sr_1_15
    • KurtE
      Lots of jumpers at least for now - would like to get it working with the camera but we will see. Heres a quick image. Note the red wire to the pin on top of the screen - that goes to 3.3v while power on the shield goes to 5v. Took me a while...
    • KurtE
      Did you setup some shield like setup for this or lots of jumper wires? Probably should wire mine up at some point. It has been bouncing around in TFT bins for probably a few years now...
    • KurtE
      First here are the pinouts for the display: 1st image posted was using the ILI9488 define //#define ILI9488 2nd image posted was using: //#define ILI9486 Third think I tried was the initialization from UTFT: #elif defined (ILI9486_1)...
    • KurtE
      Maybe sort of... That is I am not sure the proper way is to do what we are trying to do. Currently the code goes something like: bool camera_read_callback(void *pfb) { digitalWriteFast(3, HIGH); frame_count_camera++; if...
    • KurtE
      Personally, I don't really think I want to use a struct to initialize another struct.... 😉 That is almost all of the calls within the T4_PXP library are setup to fill in a structure: typedef struct { volatile uint32_t CTRL; volatile...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Just as a quick update @vjmuzik incorporated a PR that we generated to have one call setup and run PXP into his library: PXP_ps_output(uint16_t disp_width, uint16_t disp_height, uint16_t image_width, uint16_t image_height...
    • KurtE
      Before the T4.1, I did a few of them. Sometimes without it always working. One thing I typically do in a case like this is to use a program to check the continuity of each of the pins. Often times I use a program I have posted several times...
    • KurtE
      I would say yes. You can take a look at Sparkfun library examples for the f9p: https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_u-blox_GNSS_v3/tree/main/examples/ZED-F9P which should give you an idea. Or take a look at this...
    • KurtE
      Short answer - your choice. Yes - That would be great. Other option: B0_00/10 - which sort of matches the pins on the left-hand side. Sort of interesting that pins on Left - you show functional names for all of the AD_B0_xx and AD_B1_xx pins...
      • 1716725847620.png
    • KurtE
      I thought of responding with :eek:but it was not in the list :LOL: 2 2x20 connectors or the like, might be challenging to you both routing and also if you do shields being able to uplug them... But there are some boards like the Mega family...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Angry Angry.
      Updated Todo: * Add the missing AD_B1_XX pins * Top left of the board in the spreadsheet image in this thread, there are many GND pins. I will replace a few of them with 5V pins. * 4.5 already has USB Host and USB-PD (Power Delivery) on that...
    • KurtE
      Are you sure the issue is with the core code? Or for example are you expecting the interrupts to work in the Encoder library? The reason I mention this, is the header file in that library has stuff like: #ifdef CORE_INT58_PIN case...
    • KurtE
      Most libraries do their own, but they don’t know anything about other devices. Some devices put PU resistors on their CS pins. But some may not. So if strange starting up issues arise, I will do something like I mentioned
    • KurtE
      Yes the excel document is up on my github (kurte) under project name like teens_documents... A different page in the file. You cannot mix the pins between the flexIO version and normal I2C code. SCK1 is on one of the bottom pins on T4.0. The...
      • 1716324921618.png
    • KurtE
      Simple answer is no. Each pin has specific capabilities. The Card that comes with the Teensy has most of these details: From my excel document I have more of the details. You can see there are multiple SPI and Wire objects. Some may have...
      • 1716313863252.png
      • 1716314008299.png
    • KurtE
      The following are defined for each different Teensy: Teensy define Machine Define Teensy ARDUINO_TEENSY30 __MK20DX128__ Teensy 3.0 ARDUINO_TEENSY32 __MK20DX256__ Teensy 3.1 or Teensy 3.2 ARDUINO_TEENSY35 __MK64FX512__ Teensy 3.5...
    • KurtE
      Sorry still only enough information to throw 🎯 and hope something hits Adatfruit drivers? I assume the display driver? But are you also saying Adafruit's version of SDFat? What is in the filePath? when it succeeds and when it fails? Is this...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      @Dogbone06 - nice you sent that bare board with the first to the USA! Makes a great scanned photo image like in p#1040 and those before! @Dogbone06 did good work escaping so many pins from the smaller T_4.0 1062 {and those are what are 'in...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I'd like to see B0_13 in its natural place (between B0_12 and B0_14) instead of relocated to the bottom, it can be a trap if you're absent-mindedly plugging in a bunch of wires without paying complete attention.
    • KurtE
      I can understand the concern about 5v pins... But we have had this issue with every 3.3v only teensy for awhile now. Also ditto for all of the 3.3v Arduino boards, like: the UNO R4 and GIGA But they all have a common setup. Note the UNO is...
      • 1716245984707.png
      • 1716246014762.png
      • 1716246150511.png
      • 1716246328490.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Wasn't seeing an issue - just a note ... from prior posts some will make boards and some plug wire arrays. Even an ideal total rework couldn't make it 'perfect' for all given potential uses and MEGA class pin count. And any rework has risk.
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Not sure what the issue is - to be honest I been bringing out the 5V pin to edge connectors on my T4.x and T3x breakouts without an issue as well as other boards I have done. Just have to be careful with the wiring and check the traces before...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mborgerson's post in the thread Attaching Event Responder inside class with Like Like.
      For now, I've decided to test @jmarsh's second option: make my class a derivative of EventResponder and override EventResponder.triggerevent. I think it has several advantages: 1. Minimal changes to source and no significant change in object...
    • KurtE
      @bboyes - Good idea... If the problem is with the display. As I mentioned in previous post, could not tell if he is having the issue with the display or with the SD... If it is the SD, then it may depend on which library he is using... But...
    • KurtE
      Try bumping SPI clock down to 10 MHz. I seem to recall that the SPI clock was set higher than the data sheet for many displays would support. But that memory may not be reliable. We made a buffered/differential display interface design...
    • KurtE
      The only thing it changes is how it does the map... Also I started from version where I removed the pin information from the hardware structure to a pin info structure... I could have done either way and made the pin info setup for 32...
    • KurtE
      With the currently released version of this library. Each time PJRC releases support for another Teensy 4.x board, the tables within this library (like many others) needed to be updated. This also has issue if someone wishes to make a custom...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Yep Milli’s and micros are correct. Display is in millis
    • KurtE
      Sorry, hard to know what is going on. How is your display hooked up? In particular, to some circuit board where hopefully you have reasonably short connections, or with breadboard and jumper wires? Would help to see what code you are trying...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Wow Wow.
      are the Miilis Micros labels correct? This would be 1,000 times faster? Capture time (millis): 210 PXP time(micros) : 204 No units on : Display time: 232
    • KurtE
      It works... It is interesting that the PXP takes almost as much time as either the capture or the display Not DMA Finished reading frame Capture time (millis): 210, PXP time(micros) : 204, Display time: 232 PXP rotation 2...
      • 1716085981318.png
    • KurtE
      Actually there is. There are 2 rules of thumb. The source buffer needs to be the image size and The destination buffer should be the display size so in this case if you set your buffers like this for an ILI9488 display: uint8_t s_fb[(640) * 480]...
    • KurtE
      Hi I tried the new sketch with the HM0360 reading qvga on MMOD and doing the conversion to RGB and rotation. It worked :D I tried changing to VGA and as I sort of expected, not enough memory... Wondering if I can setup the camera to support...
    • KurtE
      Ok pushed the changes mentioned up to my fork of lib and updated the examples if anyone wants to try it https://github.com/mjs513/T4_PXP/tree/pxp_t4_mods The basic calling function is now (included the option for byte swap): void...
    • KurtE
      using the non_camera sketch (another_pxp_test.ino) which just loads images from progmem I did some more timing tests. Based on using 198Mhz for SDRAM clock: Using flexio_teensy_mm image from @Rezo...
    • KurtE
      AFAIK... :D Sorry, I should have looked it up, but was at car dealer having service done and replying on phone...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Wow Wow.
      Thanks. Been at it again. Since its the set of functions I am using all the time I just created a new one that I am testing. This way don't have to keep copying and pasting code PXP_ps_output(tft.width(), tft.height(), /* Display...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back