KurtE
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      For those that are interested just ordered a new set of adapters for the ILI9488 parallel display by Buydisplay:
    • KurtE
      KurtE replied to the thread Framebuffer for 2 or more LCDs.
      Answered in the thread:
    • KurtE
      Testing with Flexio 16 bit... Ran the 8 wires between the two adapters... Most looks good, but the getRect or more likely writeRect ... looks like the colors are off Look where the color bar between sort of the filled triangle and circle... top...
      • 1720893617388.png
    • KurtE
      I now have my one Parallel RA8876 moved back to the T4.1 I am using Mikes Adapter, with then my Adpater for ILI94xxx plugged into it, with a long RPI stacking header. With this added adapter I can now patch in signals to D8-D15 of the display to...
      • 1720888675031.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE replied to the thread Framebuffers and PSRAM.
      A couple of different ways: Somewhere global something like: EXTMEM uint16_t buf[MYPSRAM * 1024 * 1024] __attribute__((aligned(32))); and in your code before you use frame buffer to a call like: tft.setFrameBuffer(buf); Makes sense that 3...
    • KurtE
      I think there may be something else maybe going wrong... That is the ILI9341_t3 library does still define those colors. From the latest Teensyduino, I see the header file still has: // Color definitions #define ILI9341_BLACK 0x0000...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Answered my own question :D Connected a USB HUB with a power LED and jumpered the OTG pad to the center pad and it turned on the LED...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Yes, bridge the center to the pad near the other USB to power it from the 5V supply, or to the other pad to power it from the PD chip (which requires external power).
    • KurtE
      That is I updated part of your test dma to ... lcd.setRotation(0); lcd.onCompleteCB(&frame_complete_callback); } void frame_complete_callback() { Serial.println("\n*** Frame Complete Callback ***"); } void loop() { #if 1...
      • 1720834616190.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      I was wondering the same thing. The only other issue would be 8/16bit bus usage. I think DMA is only setup for 8bit and I am not sure about async...
    • KurtE
      Quick note, I did another update of the branch mentioned above. I think I integrated the IRQ code and it might be working. However there appears like there might not be any current test sketches that calls the functions like...
    • KurtE
      Making progress: Have not done changes yet to do the async stuff using interrupts Edit: Not done yet but pushed up the current changes up to new fork/branch: https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyRA8876Combined/tree/T40_WIP
      • 1720824407796.png
    • KurtE
      Probably not this case: that is if you look at the constructor for RA8876_GFX void RA8876_common::RA8876_GFX(uint16_t buswidth) { _width = SCREEN_WIDTH; _height = SCREEN_HEIGHT; _bus_width = buswidth; } I sets _bus_width to what is...
    • KurtE
      I am currently working off of your new library ... cherry pick.
    • KurtE
      Quick update: I now have it working I think reasonably well on T4... Created PR back to main... @mjs513 - you want to take a look, before I or you merge? https://github.com/mjs513/ILI948x_t4x_p/pull/3 Note: I did rerun the kurts... test on it...
    • KurtE
      One adapter that we have that we have been testing with makes use of @Paul 3 t4.1 board. This is an image of @KurtE's setup with the adapter this is of just the adapter on the board: Probably will make one for the RA886 to a T4 and another...
    • KurtE
      Maybe should continue some of this to other threads, But ... Yes I assembled one. Most of it was working, before the DB5 stopped working. Pictures and the like, shown in the thread starting at about...
      • 1720787832010.png
      • 1720789693583.png
      • 1720788578023.png
      • 1720787917319.png
    • KurtE
      I see a -6 V2.0 here p #142 : https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/ili948x_t41_p-a-parallel-display-driver-for-teensy-4-1.72660/post-345304 here p #1159 the older -6 V1.1 is shown...
    • KurtE
      Seems the bottom version marker was the same TFTM070-6 V1.1 in one image I saw go by. I didn't get any DOCS for it - not sure I can find the page again - oh - PDF comes up with the -6 added...
    • KurtE
      The one I purchased back then was configured for SPI 4 wire. The product download pdf shows what the jumpers are for different configurations
    • KurtE
      Thanks Mike, I new there was another thread. Just could not find it. I also need to find the latest Dev5.0 schematics.Would that be in @defragster's EVKB_1060 repo?
    • KurtE
      Pencil - a simple mechanical pencil .07 or such bought several years ago... Use those to scribble notes. Yes lots of wires... Each of these parallel displays take something like 16 wires. That is why started to make some adapters... Although...
    • KurtE
      @wwatson I have a years old NIB RA8876 to connect - but no idea where to start ... not even sure where to look for wiring ... 158 posts here and other threads? There is the other display thread where post #1 is by @mjs513 ? any pointers welcome...
    • KurtE
      Take a look at post # of the variant thread. 1. Replace @KurtE's core files with those installed by the IDE installer as you said and 2. As @defragster mentioned download @KurtE's FLEXIO_t4 lib and replace it in the libraries folder.
    • KurtE
      Think that was on the SDRAM thread. The yellow tint was attaching a ILI9488 to the DB5 board using either a flexio or csi camera. Had to change from 206 mhz to 221 mhz (that was with the new voltage curve as part of the @KurtE's variant). Was...
    • KurtE
      Quick update: I have some Async update working. However there appears to be something sticky on the mode or the like... That is If I do the updateAsync (which does by interrupts), if I try to update screen again without FB, it does not...
      • 1720733460995.png
    • KurtE
      Thought I would mention, that while waiting for DB5 replacement (Thanks @defragster ), which should arrive tomorrow. I have been back playing some with the ILI948x parallel display library, to get it to work on T4... Which has enough flexio pins...
      • 1720705691919.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      I pushed up the the changes for DMA. I added a simple test case for DMA in the testcases folder. Feel free to test if interested. I am wondering what is the best way to implement it other than using "pushPixels16bitDMA(...);"?
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Been slowly testing the cameras - so far only 3 tested since we have both CSI and FLEX. Will add to this list as I go through them Camera Flex CSI OV5640 Works Works OV7675 Works Only 'n' option works reliably, Video Pixelates fast like...
    • KurtE
      That would be great. Hate to kill one so quickly....
    • KurtE
      Maybe spoke too soon. Tried downloading new sketch and back to double blink... Trying again with simpler program... Tried just blink program and back to double blink...
    • KurtE
      Quick update on my DB5 that stopped working - with double blink..... Not sure if the RA8876 had anything to do with it. Yes problem with my connector, where the two columns are reversed, so makes sense the display did not work... Maybe fixed...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Just ordered a set as well from OSHPark.
    • KurtE
      @KurtE @mjs513 - I have added DMA to the library and it is working on the MIcroMod. I changed some of the conflicting names that were used for both async and DMA by just adding DMA to the function or variable name like: FASTRUN void...
    • KurtE
      As I posted in other area, I screwed up the connector to the RA8876 on the shield. The two columns of pins are swapped. Also while trying this out, my DB5, decide to head south... Note: I did a quick and dirty pin column swap adapter board...
      • 1720633779255.png
    • KurtE
      Note: I would guess that this won't work with a simple 9v battery like that. Let alone usually the wires that connect them probably don't carry very much current. But I could be proven wrong...
    • KurtE
      Feels good to be somewhat functional again :D
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      Pretty much can use any pin that does not conflict. I usually just have BL connected to 3.3v or 5v so I dont have to bother with it. Sounds like you are recovering nicely.
    • KurtE
      Just a quick note, I noticed that pin #7 is also being used for the backlite pin. That conflicts with the WR pin on the MMod and Dev board. Is there a standard pin number defined for Backlite control? Or should I just select a pin that does not...
    • KurtE
      Quick update - Looks like the CSI pins on the adapter/DB5 are working: Here again shows the strange tint using the SDRAM... Was able to choose the CSI by the method: #if defined(DB5_USE_CSI) // try using the CSI pins on devboard 5...
      • 1720621260894.png
    • KurtE
      I did get the TFT Picture code running on it this morning. ILI9488, reading images from SDCard: So I know it does work...
      • 1720620306700.png
    • KurtE
      Ok folks @KurtE and I was doing some more testing with the dev5 board and @KurtE's adapter. Here is the results of some preliminary testing with an OV5640 using flex and a ILI9488 using SDRAM set at 206 Mhz tft_vga sketch Notice the yellow...
    • KurtE
      Downloaded and confirmed it still runs on my MMOD in flex mode...
    • KurtE
      Started a new repo just ripe for cherry picking:LOL: Found here: https://github.com/wwatson4506/TeensyRA8876Combined/tree/main It represents the current cherry_pick branch...
    • KurtE
      Picture viewer works... Problem was with my ATP shield, and I screwed up the SDadapter on that one... Swapped to the one that worked.
      • 1720567389372.png
    • KurtE
      That one worked but my picture viewer may not ... will debug
      • 1720564301296.png
    • KurtE
      Forgot to ask, are you running 8 bit or 16 bit? EDIT: Most likely 8 as well there are not 16...
    • KurtE
      Will take a look maybe something of T4.1 is conflicting with the MMOD stuff... Might have missed some location like hard coded pin number...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      The new versions 4.5 and 5.0 of the DevBoards just arriving to larger test group. Some Crashes appeared not seen the same on the V4.0, except perhaps rarely. It seems to be related to the use of the Industrial 528 MHz MCU. Also used at 600 MHz...
    • KurtE
      Hope you feel better... Not sure why yours is not working. Will take a look. I do have several other changes going on, in another branch, I think I will package up some of them into PR... The other part is experiments for readRect to do all of...
      • 1720456635139.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back