KurtE's latest activity

• KurtE
    Thanks, I have a new RA8876 7" ordered... I see your read me with the pinout DEV board pinouts: DEV Board ER-TFTM101-1 (40 PIN CONNECTOR) --------------------------------------------------------- Pin 14 -----------------> Pin...
    • 1717368267972.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    RA8875 and RA8876 both support 8/16 bit parallel...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    James Bond board :LOL: @Rezo is best to reply regarding displays. He’s tried a few from Buydisplay and AliExpress. The CSI cameras, how high quality and resolution can the best ones give? This one seems to Be 4k. Which is of course extreme...
  • KurtE
    Currently @mjs513 and myself have setup to use the cameras which have the Arduino GIGA like pinouts: Which include the OV7670 and OV7675, HM01B0, HM0360 and the 2mb GC2145. You can see details and purchase them from Arduino...
  • KurtE
    Playing around on what I want to put on a shield to plug into DB5 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aston_Martin_DB5_(Skyfall).jpg 😉 For sure camera: CSI and maybe one with FlexIO. Display: Probably ILI9341/ILI9488 SPI. Some Parallel...
  • KurtE
    Probably the simplest way is to modify the table: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/USBHost_t36/blob/master/joystick.cpp#L58-L77 And do a Pull request to this github project.
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Okay everyone, I'm ordering the 10pcs batch now! :cool:
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Download and EasyEDA install works! Even a quick silkscreen edit. Four layers and you got all that - luckily the Ethernet wasn't called for:
  • KurtE
    EasyEDA JSON files, import these into EasyEDA to gain full editorial control over both PCB and Schematic. But there's also Gerber, Pick and Place and BOM file in there. NOTE: At this point we have no idea if the board works. Using the Gerbers to...
  • KurtE
    I see it now, that's a very good catch! I'll fix that! EDIT: Fixed!
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
    As you know @KurtE and I have been making a few more mods to the PXP library which seem to resolve a couple of other issues we came across with further testing. Including fixing decimation which has now been tested down to a scale factor of 10...
  • KurtE
    I updated the excel document to match the update... probably more of the usages of the pins can and should be double checked... No objections from me... Note: I could probably never run out of things to ask for, but ... I believe you have host...
  • KurtE
    I took the easy route. I usually put pin numbers as defines and name them. So I'm ready to order if no one has any objections?
  • KurtE
    Two options: a) Easy - make them the next two pin numbers so 68, 69 b) slight more work - make them 64, 65, and update the current 64... numbers on that side to +2 so 66, 67... Either works for me
  • KurtE
    I can share all the files if you want. That's the plan anyway. But here's some real measurements. * Left to Right * Right-Top to Right-Bottom Look at the "Length" on each of the two.
  • KurtE
    Assuming you go with this layout, do you have some measurements, like deltaY between the two rows of pins and maybe where the power connector is located? in case some of us might be tempted to layout a Quick and Dirty shield or two. Thanks Kurt
  • KurtE
    oops editing: I have one like: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/21253 It is sitting over at other building. Ditto... And as I am probably not getting younger nor my eyes and hands getting better.... I am finding I sort of resist doing a...
  • KurtE
    These are made by Bakon (https://www.bakon.cc/) in China, a pretty high quality company. I've bought several directly from them, truly works a charm and the tips they provide are the best I've tried. Lots of solder tips out there are garbage. So...
  • KurtE
    Well I actually have a Aoyue hot air gun and soldering station: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FA481G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and a...
  • KurtE
    Quick update: I pushed up my WIP excel document with the new page... Note I updated to the new picture above and added some of the pin information.... But again preliminary... At some point will PR it back to @defragster...
  • KurtE
    Is there anyone missing on the Big Contributer list? I've sorted it by widest name first (my OCD...) If not then I feel ready to order these.
  • KurtE
    Duplicate 32's are fixed.
  • KurtE
    I'm done, unless something is wrong. Please look it over. Fat lady became thin lady:
  • KurtE
    I think you are close, the only things are: You showed 32 and 32 on right hand side above... Note: this has slight numbering issue in that we don't have a 46 now. But no biggy, I will leave it as duplicate of 32... Or could mark it bad...
    • 1717248984224.png
  • KurtE
    Different Teensy boards have different logical mappings from their Arduino Pin numbers to the actual IMXRT Port/Pin number. In this case B0_12 On T4.1 we see: So it is pin 32. And you are right it is also pin 32 on MMOD: 32 65 B0_12 2.12...
    • 1717247519731.png
  • KurtE
    Hopefully closer. I was wrong on 26 it is MMOD number and so is 15...
    • 1717246966362.png
  • KurtE
    Note It was also true with AD_B1_14 that was T41 pin number I put in maybe proposed numbers for the pins that are not MMOD pin numbers. Note: I renumbered the ones on the left like I mentioned to put them in the order they are now and more...
    • 1717245951803.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    B0_13 should not be marked pin 25, that would be AD_B0_13 (if it was routed). So B0_13 is another without a number. @KurtE B0_12 is pin 32 on the micromod, not sure why your spreadsheet gives it a new number and says 32 is for T4.1 only?
  • KurtE
    Almost done. But there are quite a few pins that I don't know the pin number for. What to do here, can someone list those?
  • KurtE
    Sorry, I will update to your new picture, I did a quick and dirty update to the spreadsheet. It is not done, as you can see the pins don't match on the right hand side, as you moved up some pins to replace the first GND to move the one pin into...
    • 1717244168897.png
  • KurtE
    It's fine mate! I'm also cutting 12mm length of the board, to the right. It will not affect the current layout at all. I am just shortening it as there is space.
  • KurtE
    I mean the actual numbers, on the outer edge of the headers. Right now that's empty. Except for bottom-left which has "5V" and "GND". KurtE wanted pin numbers there. But the names you talk about, that should also get an overhaul I believe. So...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Probably a good idea. Oh - if you have enough room then definitely, and then you don't have to change what you already have on the inside of the headers. Sorry still early for me
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Sorry got distracted by the pictures. Think if its available I would add the pins numbers instead - lot easier. For instance for SPI would be easier if you should 11, 12, 13 instead of B0-00, 01, 02, if I remember right
  • KurtE
    Good news, the 6 pins are routed. It's not pretty, but it's routed atleast. That little 10x10 BGA is about as crowded as China! So last thing to do is add the pin numbers on the outer side of the headers. Should I add the actual software pin...
  • KurtE
    Why do you think it is dead? Can the PC see it? If you plug it into pc and hold program button down for something like 10 seconds and release, does the recovery stuff reprogram it back to the ship state with LED blinking? If not if you...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
    Quick follow up: @mjs513 and myself are making some progress on some of the above :D For now, I turned off the output rotation, to make it easier to concentrate on the other stuff. We fixed the issues with it wiping out memory. I am running a...
  • KurtE
    Marginal improvement - still some time and fudging ... but @Dogbone06 pointed out a brand/family of Air solder he uses that was a handy improvement swapping those 'TINY' CAPS on the DevBoard. Awesome for removal - and works well with solder paste...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread serial.print vs interrupts priority with Like Like.
    Was the code re-ordering tried?
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to anbolge's post in the thread serial.print vs interrupts priority with Like Like.
    Actually, this code has worked, my mistake. Than you @defragster and thank you all for the support!!!
  • KurtE
    @Rezo Received one Arduino style parallel display last night. Hooked it up this morning and it seems to be working. Currently working on more changes to PXP so this on back burner for now. Then see how it works with PXP
  • KurtE
    SoftwareSerial - I am pretty sure on T4.x it detects if the pins passed in are HardwareSerial pins and if so uses the HardwareSerial code, with some added overhead: size_t SoftwareSerial::write(uint8_t b) { elapsedMicros elapsed; uint32_t...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread serial.print vs interrupts priority with Like Like.
    If that's the only purpose for counting the pulses, you're better off using one of the timer modules that can generate a single interrupt when the total is reached rather than 5 million individual interrupts.
  • KurtE
    Getting too old to solder and resolder those small parts. Easier just to order one already set up :)
  • KurtE
    So you decided not to unsolder something like 9 (19, R21-28) resistors and one jumper(3), plus then solder one resistor(20) and one jumper(6) Ditto... I have not ordered a new one yet, although I do have the one from Amazon also arriving tomorrow.
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
    @mjs513 has played a lot more with this stuff than I have. I am still trying to understand some of the basics... Just doing this for the fun of it with the different cameras. Simply trying to read from camera, massage the data and show it on an...
  • KurtE
    I did set it as a test using the buydisplay and still only blank screen - did order one from buydisplay but as you said that will take a few weeks to get here . In the mean time I did order from amazon the other uno shield as well. That will...
  • KurtE
    I am assuming that that it was voted down. I am also assuming that this vote was for double row with different signals. And not, double rows like the Sparkfun Micromod boards like: Where they have two connections per signal.
    • 1716898838929.png
  • KurtE
    Will keep this in mind!
  • KurtE
    I forgot to mention that back before T41 I had the most luck hooking up sd to T4 using http://www.trainer4edu.com/edubase_teensy/frdm_4236.html I had a variation of it…
Back