KurtE's latest activity

• KurtE
    KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
    Already tried that before I believe but it has been quite a while since I played with this. I can setup the test sketch and check it out again. The reads from video memory were were the problem not register reads. When reading from a memory...
  • KurtE
    Potentially the problem is the timing. That is for example with the ILI9341 and the ILI948x displays, I know we need to do memory reads at a lower clock speed In our Parallel ILI948x code, the FlexIO_Config_SnglBeat_Read() is setup to use a...
  • KurtE
    Again it has been awhile since I played with one of these... 15 Open 116 closed so BL pin is not used but instead you need to configure the internal PWM... Been awhile. Got to run
    • 1719964184603.png
  • KurtE
    TNot a problem... Been there done that (many times)... With the Read issue, looking at Logic Analyzer output, (using digitalWriteFast version), looks sort of strange: The line with my scribbled arrow in green is the RD pin, the one pointed to by...
    • 1719963158887.png
  • KurtE
    I know sort-of the chicken and the egg... That is, don't know what was updated from what @mjs513 branch has: All of the changes I see up on your fork/branch from what is/was in @mjs513 branch look like: Probably need to use some winmerge or the...
    • 1719960501353.png
  • KurtE
    You might want to take a picture of the back of your board and post it, showing the jumpers and the resistors... For Example, my first one I ordered came wired as 3-wire serial not 4 wire. Also check for backlight settings. You said benchmark...
    • 1719946789527.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
    Very nice, I have been running around this morning chasing down a lost cell phone. Going to have some breakfast and then do the final GitHub update into "RA8876_combined". Will check out your repo...
  • KurtE
    Quick update: have some other stuff going on, so not sure how much I will get done today. But, I created a new branch: https://github.com/KurtE/Ra8876LiteTeensy/tree/combined_t4x_wip So far what I have done, is to create a header file with...
  • KurtE
    Noticed that last night as well - synched up and changed to :) begin(SDRAM_SIZE, SDRAM_CLOCK, SDRAM_USEDQS);
  • KurtE
    I have both setup... Bottom 8 bit, top SPI Was playing today with ILI948x library for T4 and got that one to display. Now trying to decide on if/how to integrate the integrate first into our combined ILI948x library. But probably before that...
    • 1719884260046.png
  • KurtE
    @mjs513 @KurtE - Well all sketches seem to be working now in 8Bit mode and 16Bit mode including the sketches in the "testcases" folder 😅 I done for the day. I found and fixed a few more issues tomorrow I will update RA8876_common on my GitHub...
  • KurtE
    I had the same headaches when I was duplicating out all of the code for the different boards. Some good news. I have everything working including the ones in "testcases" folder in 8Bit mode and most all of it working 16Bit mode:) The biggest...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
    Sorry was off doing other things. Hope your moving went well. Knew there had to be something. Basically its already there - probably should rename it. Had to a hack for drawPixel: #define use_lcdDataWrite16bbp Since lcdDataWrite16bpp is...
  • KurtE
    Note in many of the subsystems, like, SPI, or I2C or SPI, there are often two different things. The Arduino objects, like SPI, SPI1 and SPI2 And then there is the IMXRT object. From My own Excel document, we have SPI using pins 11-13 (and CS...
    • 1719873081774.png
    • 1719873240006.png
    • 1719873650640.png
    • 1719873713342.png
    • 1719873905515.png
  • KurtE
    As I have mentioned in some other threads. Mainly those talking about the DevBoard 4 and now the DevBoard 5. Figured it might be better to break this out as it's own topic. I personally want a reasonably clean way to do this, without having to...
  • KurtE
    Thanks a good idea - would simplify things a lot.
  • KurtE
    :D What about MMOD or other boards who might enough FlexIO1 or 2 pins that are consecutive for DMA., like Micromod .. Is there another branch we need to merge in? Or should we do like ILI948x and have a FlexIO implementation which detects if...
  • KurtE
    Ok guys created a new combined branch that has 3 libraries: https://github.com/mjs513/Ra8876LiteTeensy/tree/RA8896_combined GFX has all the common functions across devices t41_p: obviously for the t41 with flexio t3 : is for SPI only Probably...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
    Ok getting confused now threads. Ok guys created a new combined branch that has 3 libraries: https://github.com/mjs513/Ra8876LiteTeensy/tree/RA8896_combined GFX has all the common functions across devices t41_p: obviously for the t41 with...
  • KurtE
    That is the idea. For example, I am not going to take over my MICROMOD board type for DEVBOARD as I use MICROMODs... Note: I am playing with a sort of related diversion: Here is a sketch I have that blinks the LED on my T4.1 #include...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to BriComp's post in the thread Teensy and ESP32 - for WiFiNina with Like Like.
    This might help:
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Teensy and ESP32 - for WiFiNina with Like Like.
    From what I remember when I was hacking it, no bluetooth support,
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Teensy and ESP32 - for WiFiNina with Like Like.
    p#21 came together using this set of PIN GPIO ##'s in GREEN boxes on the DevKit PICO D4 board based on those shown here on the AdaF schematic - and wiring as shown above to the Teensy - just like the prior 4201 Breakout images.
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Teensy and ESP32 - for WiFiNina with Like Like.
    GOT IT: Went to the schematic for the 4201 AdaF Breakout - and the AdaF linked 1.7.7 firmware 1.7.7 Firmware OK MAC: 30:83:98:D7:36:AC Scanning available networks... ** Scan Networks ** number of available networks:10 0) aNET Signal: -26 dBm...
  • KurtE
    Sorry, I have been goofing off today. Been playing more with the possibility of having Variants, work with Teensy 4.x. Or at least a good subset of stuff. Earlier I had support for allowing you to declare your own pin tables. I have the...
  • KurtE
    Just went through all examples after transfer all except the ones in testcases folder. A few are not working in 8Bit mode and quite a few are not working in 16Bit mode. I am will to go through all of them and get them working. Once RA8876_t41_p...
  • KurtE
    I ran through all the examples except a couple this morning - I pushed them up this morning. Not sure when you last synched? Edit: But yes but when this is all working then other boards should be easier to adapt.
  • KurtE
    Morning all Ran through all the tests this morning (not ones with usb/mouse - graphicscursor and touch). Everything seems to be except clipping in @KurtE's FB sketch - when selected it hangs.. after drawing a bit - not sure what I messed up
  • KurtE
    Think I got most of it working now. Haven’t tested everything yet.
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Wow Wow.
    @KurtE - @wwatson Well I got an initial cut at breaking it apart and works a little bit :) This is just a first cut at breaking it apart now to get the linkages right https://github.com/mjs513/Ra8876LiteTeensy/tree/RA8876_Common_WIP
  • KurtE
    Already incorporated in the t41_p branch that I am working with :) Probably will look at doing what we did for the Teensy_GFX class which has all graphic primitives - theres a lot more in the RA8876 so may take a while to disentangle all of it
  • KurtE
    Note: you should be able to use other FlexIO 3 pins for this. On T4.1 the pins are: FlexIO3: Pin Order: Pin:flex 7:17 8:16 14:2 15:3 16:7 17:6 18:1 19:0 20:10 21:11 22:8 23:9 26:14 27:15 34:29 35:28 36:18 37:19 38:12 39:13 40:4 41:5...
  • KurtE
    That's because the WR pin is controlled by FlexIO and cannot be easily changed where as the RD pin for this display type needs to be controlled manually.
  • KurtE
    Note: I added that rectangle as a test to see where the origin is for the rotation. // Set which Display we are using and at what speed // Currently I have options for both MICROMOD and T42 to make it // easier for testing #include "Arduino.h"...
  • KurtE
    https://github.com/wwatson4506/Ra8876LiteTeensy/pull/22
  • KurtE
    Noticed that last night as well on the SPI version but seems to work on the parallel version. Not sure why yet. In process of checking all the SPI examples are working right now.
  • KurtE
    Quick updates: @mjs513 found swapping the order of the two drawings of the images, worked... May need to debug it later. Not sure could be malloc issue? Maybe not as works on FlexIO version, Maybe with SPI using DMA? ... Maybe memory...
    • 1719583416232.png
  • KurtE
    Morning, all. I was trying out my writeRect8BPP and the like the WriteRect example is not working on 2nd image: From I believe this code: uint16_t *rotatedImage = tft.rotateImageRect(400, 272, td_t4_top, rotation)...
    • 1719574896819.png
  • KurtE
    @wwatson - @KurtE Went through and updated all the examples so they would run using SPI or 8080, just adjust the define accordingly. //#define use_spi #if defined(use_spi) #include <SPI.h> #include <RA8876_t3.h> #else #include <RA8876_t41_p.h>...
  • KurtE
    @wwatson - @KurtE Re-whickered useCanvas method so can now turn on and off. useCanvas(boolean on) Enable it in @KurtE's sketch: useCanvas(false): useCanvas(false):
  • KurtE
    Works on my side as well. Glad your side is up and running. There are times when I have to completely power down the Teensy and the display and power up just to make sure they are not in a bad state. This also goes for the Arduino IDE's.
  • KurtE
    added a few extra functions to my branch: readPixel readRect fillRectVGradient fillRectHGradient So @KurtE's test sketch is beginning to get filled out (test sketch now in testcases directory)
  • KurtE
    Interesting before I made the change I had to run it at 18mhz, after I can run at 20Mhz without issue. Could be the wire length? PS. With the change ran at 24Mhz no issue, 30mhz ran but saw some tearing. Used the pictureembed sketch and...
  • KurtE
    Both PR's committed...
  • KurtE
    That delay is what I adjusted for longer wires on the MicroMod and Dev Board to get the highest clock speeds. If it is not large enough you usually see 2D errors...
  • KurtE
    Not sure either - copied your version and got the same thing: Multiple libraries were found for "font_Arial.h" Used: D:\Users\Merli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ILI9341_fonts-master Not used...
  • KurtE
    @KurtE and @wwatson Lied a bit. 1. Updated the _p branch to @KurtE's drawChar changes and 2. Figured out my issue with the sketch. Chanaged clock from 20 to 18 and it worked. EDIT: Back to running at 20Mhz. Forgot to uncomment...
  • KurtE
    @mjs513 - I sent you an update to your library .cpp file that hopefully fixed the default font output: setFont(); or setFontAdafruit(); @wwatson - I created a PR with this on the master branch. Plus the other font things I did yesterday for the...
    • 1719445049255.png
  • KurtE
    Been playing both with @mjs513 version for Parallel and now master branch for SPI... Note: I am making some of the same changes to this branch as I did to get Adafruit fonts working on the 8080 branch. Also to hopefully not load in another...
    • 1719429560650.png
  • KurtE
    @KurtE @mjs513 - Thanks for the pep talk :) Sometimes I take things to seriously. Comes from doing diagnostics for 40 or so years as a mechanic. I ran into the same problem with rectangles and completely forgot about it. Just ran...
Back