KurtE's latest activity

• KurtE
    Sorry, I seldom use a MAC. My 12+ year old one is currently sitting in cabinet. But if I remember correctly, mostly used something with the name like: Android File Transfer app... I believe done by Android... I tried a few other things...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    ditto, but I still find ways to run out of time on things ... Are you using an Antivirus on your machine? If so which one. Have you scanned your disk for any possible issues? I had strange issues like this, a while ago on my old machine when...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    Installed W11 running with pretty recent nightly build: 20240201 So far so good. Although also at times see some strange Arduino hiccups, like one sketch I opened, cam up Read-only mode, closed it, deleted some other junk out of the folder...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    We’ve tested a wide range and a narrow range. The results says that 10pF or 12pF is probably the best caps. That’s allot more knowledge then we had before the tests. Further testing is ideally tested by you Paul. My offer stands, there’s a board...
  • KurtE
    Yes, agreed, let's call this capacitor testing completed.
  • KurtE
    Our SD class code has some code in it to help with the detection of media. If you look at section 26 of the reference manual, you will see that the DAT3 pin can be used as a card detection pin. The SD.begin() call if it fails to open properly...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1.
    continued on the Arduino forum: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/giga-with-display-shield-and-ov7670/1219532?u=kurte
  • KurtE
    Congratulations on your successful test flight! Photos and Videos would be great!
  • KurtE
    Thanks, I was able to connect it up, and tried a few of the examples. Like, the one to read from camera and display on it... Which is working, I had to edit it for this camera slightly, but not bad for a few minutes. Currently the camera...
    • 1706915128157.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    I have the display but not the camera. It seems to work ok and has a couple of 3D animations as demos. One thing to be careful of is the pin labels on the GIGA don't match the pin labels on the display and the connectors are not keyed. Here is a...
  • KurtE
    So I have a new distraction to try out on the GIGA board: Soon to plug it into the GIGA and see if it works at all. I have a few of the OV7670 cameras, that I can plug in, but the shield code mainly mentioned using the OV7675, so I have one...
    • 1706902178791.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    Might be worth mention we had a lengthy thread on this forum where we got MbedOS working on Teensy 4.1, thanks to a combination of one of the MbedOS community people and Teensy's community. Since then I haven't really heard feedback or requests...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO.
    Yep - which is what the NXP SDK does, although they do it with a << 1
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    To be honest TRGSEL should just be 2 * pin index. Was looking at that yesterday.
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread xenForo Improvements.
    One feature I sort of miss from the old forum, was the ability to see who has read or visited the thread, and then the ability to hover your mouse over a name and see the last time a person visited the thread. As a side note: not sure of us...
  • KurtE
    Forgot to mention: with this code: // TIMCTL, page 2933 // TRGSEL: Trigger Select .... // 4*N - Pin 2*N input // 4*N+1 - Shifter N status flag // 4*N+2 - Pin 2*N+1 input //...
  • KurtE
    I thought I would give a quick update. I am still working on having it use multiple shifters. But yesterday decided to go back to basics of using 1 shifter and figure out why it is not working. And finally I believe it is working with 1 :D...
    • 1706884189903.png
    • 1706885172080.png
    • 1706885268701.png
    • 1706885790948.png
  • KurtE
    I wish there was a good complete answer for this. But currently it can be sort of messy, especially if you also do stuff on other platform boards, like boards made by Arduino, example: UNO R4 If you don't download SDFat using Library manager...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    You can still get the same thing if the CPU and DMA are both accessing it.
  • KurtE
    I know the feeling… a couple days before checking addresss
  • KurtE
    💡 - Getting closer... The DMA Error was because the output buffer was not 64 bit (maybe only 32 bit) aligned... It as setup for 16 bit pixels. So once I aligned it... In this case to 32 byte alignment... it started receiving data. I may still...
    • 1706648022058.png
  • KurtE
    Thanks, It appears to work. void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: while (!Serial) {} Serial.begin(115200); CCM_CCGR3 |= CCM_CCGR3_FLEXIO2(CCM_CCGR_ON); FLEXIO2_SHIFTBUF0 = 0x89ABCDEF; FLEXIO2_SHIFTBUF1 =...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5.
    Note: when I get strange results, I end up using a sledgehammer and delete their caches: On Windows: if you look at where: %temp%\arduino is, in my case: on Windows 11 C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino There are two sub-directories...
  • KurtE
    That is some of the stuff that is confusing me as well. I have not seen anywhere that talks about the burst mode... Except that pdf I linked to above: As I mentioned in first post, The 1052 example code has...
    • 1706621918516.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    Looks odd to me... again they're setting SSIZE to 5, which does 4x64-bit reads (32 bytes total)... which won't work when the shift buffer hardware registers are only 32-bits wide. It's not safe to access hardware registers with any width other...
  • KurtE
    I found more info up at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12686.pdf will check settings tomorrow
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    IIRC you can't chain all eight because they're split into two groups of four (shifter4 can't feed shifter3). I can't recall where I saw this but it was hidden away somewhere - maybe it was a misconception due to the 1050 only having 4 shift...
  • KurtE
    As @mjs513 mentioned in another thread, we have been playing around with the OV7670 camera using FlexIO, preferably with DMA We have had it working on T4.1 using CSI and Micromod using DMA from GPIO pins, but thought it would be fun to get it...
    • 1706580564080.png
    • 1706581345813.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Since it's being used to measure a delay between the clock signal and when data actually arrives from the SDRAM I think the "best" value would vary based on the board design / track lengths.
  • KurtE
    Good luck... I thought I saw some up on Digikey that are rated for 200MHz, but maybe don't have the right memory configuration... For me, I always wonder when you push components like this, if it maybe will only work on some percentage of the...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    My goal is the highest speed possible. I don't think there are faster versions. But this SDRAM which is rated for 166MHz, runs smoothly on 221MHz with various capacitors. So I think a little more should work. But this is all just for fun.
  • KurtE
    Sorry, I have not had enough :coffee: yet and my eyes are still sort of glazed over... But I keep wondering if your goal is 300MHz, are you not asking for trouble if you try to more or less run something at twice the speed they are rated for...
  • KurtE
    Added a mandelbrot sample that cycles the palette colors (still using only 4bpp/16 colors because it turns out I only have RAMDACs on hand, not direct VGA DACs...) A picture of 1920x1080 output for @Dogbone06 :
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Sad Sad.
    Ok was just trying @defragsters memory test and something is way off. Tried running at 198mhz (yes dqs = true) and the 57 test patterns test is taking forever - been sitting here about 5 minutes waiting for it to finish - its still running so...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Need advice on PCB manufacturers.
    for small boards I have used OSHPark…. Larger more recent ones Pcbway
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Wow Wow.
    Yeah - my fault - that should all be fixed now both in the readme and the examples
  • KurtE
    Note: your sketch has: while (!Serial); Which will hang there until the USB is plugged in and probably a serial monitor....
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 logitech steering wheel.
    Sorry, I don't know much about these wheels. It is setup with HID, and the main output is report 1 and it appears like it is outputting report 1. I took a quick look to see if it was supported on Linux, and it appears like there is at least 1...
  • KurtE
    Have you tried the joystick example?
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Bootloading the code.
    Sorry unclear, are you talking about the code on the PC side? If so the Teensy app that comes with Teensyduino installs (or board installs with IDE 2.x) has the app. If you are looking for the source code for that app, it is not public...
  • KurtE
    Follow on from yesterdays post... Went with the clips... Still debugging The rare time when I need the old 16 channel...
    • 1706211881675.png
    • 1706212133375.png
  • KurtE
    Thanks... I know that I have run into some strange issues in past when they were not 32 byte alligned. Not sure if the cache or not. Or simply becuase we don't have a Safe version of the cache delete, except to do the flush delete to make sure...
    • 1706140997371.png
    • 1706141206567.png
  • KurtE
    My understanding is that making things 32-byte aligned is usually due to the CPU cache since each line is 32 bytes long. That really doesn't matter for a framebuffer, since the CPU is the only device that writes to it, it is safe to perform...
  • KurtE
    You might try the example: HIDDeviceInfo And see if it shows any information... And post it.
  • KurtE
    Note this is sort-of nothing new, in that DMA access really prefers things to be at least 32 byte aligned. Which is for example why many of our display drivers have something in them like: uint8_t ILI9341_t3n::useFrameBuffer( boolean b) //...
  • KurtE
    Looks like there is some good news... I have (very basic) LCDIF code running and it is able to push 1024x768x60@8bpp (dual-buffered) without any problems... and can even manage 1280x1024x60Hz if the SDRAM is overclocked to 200MHz. I'm not exactly...
  • KurtE
    Quick note: with my variant... PWM table now is updated: Changes in my cores fork/branch. I also got tired of pushing up zip files. So put all of my variant directoy up in github: https://github.com/KurtE/teensy4_variant_experiment now back...
  • KurtE
    Regular test with MEM_CACHE_WBWA: Test with MEM_CACHE_WT (Write-through): Test with MEM_NOCACHE: Write speeds are pretty much the same for all modes so doesn't really matter for framebuffer usage... except for WT or NOCACHE you don't need...
  • KurtE
    Update: Oops I meant flexio. Found a version that works. The FlexIo branch I mentioned was updated. Variant zip file updated with how I am doing it... Note my pin numbers. for pins on the right hand side... I did a quick and dirty test of...
    • 1705975422997.png
  • KurtE
    Sorry, I know I am mostly talking to myself... (And sometimes even answering myself) :unsure: I updated, my core branch to support XBar pins. Probably missed some, but was more interested in can I update them, and not necessarily 100%...
Back