mjs513
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• mjs513
      The one issue that I can think of is many power banks will turn off if the power used is below some threshold. In the Teensy 3.1/3.2 era, I recall Paul had published a circuit that would draw just enough extra power to keep the power bank happy...
    • mjs513
      Yep you are probably right with that - sometimes I forget when I get overly optimistic :) Any with @jmarsh suggestion, if I add that code snippet to the beginning of the same sketch (using Faster) I am not seeing any space savings: teensy_size...
    • mjs513
      This is just a follow up. @KurtE and I have been playing with cameras using CSI/Flexio/DMA/ILI displays. When I use the latest sketch we are playing with I am seeing crashes when printf/scanf is not enabled. Probably because we use printf's...
    • mjs513
      @luni been following this thread and wondering maybe a PR to the teensy 4 core is in order. When @PaulStoffregen gets back into it might be good to incorporate. Remember seeing lots of posts on issues with code size. did see this about float...
    • mjs513
      Hi @luni I switched to newlib-nano and enabled _printf_float and _scanf_float. The difference is enormous Before: teensy_size: Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1: teensy_size: FLASH: code:419516, data:281120, headers:8992 free for files:7416836...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I thought of responding with :eek:but it was not in the list :LOL: 2 2x20 connectors or the like, might be challenging to you both routing and also if you do shields being able to uplug them... But there are some boards like the Mega family...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Angry Angry.
      Updated Todo: * Add the missing AD_B1_XX pins * Top left of the board in the spreadsheet image in this thread, there are many GND pins. I will replace a few of them with 5V pins. * 4.5 already has USB Host and USB-PD (Power Delivery) on that...
    • mjs513
      I figured I may as well try this as well. Here is my program by default: teensy_size: Memory Usage on Teensy MicroMod: teensy_size: FLASH: code:337960, data:95104, headers:8276 free for files:16073732 teensy_size: RAM1: variables:140512...
    • mjs513
      Came across this post https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/libstdc-exception-handling-__verbose_terminate_handler-causing-bloat-in-output-binary.75084/, Not sure if it would help in freeing up some of your memory
    • mjs513
      Even though the c++ compiler is passed switches like "-fnoexceptions -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics", the copy of libstdc++ that gets linked by Teensyduino was still built with exceptions enabled and includes a bunch of cruft associated with...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Teensy 4.0 - I2C & SPI on ANY Pins? with Like Like.
      Yes the excel document is up on my github (kurte) under project name like teens_documents... A different page in the file. You cannot mix the pins between the flexIO version and normal I2C code. SCK1 is on one of the bottom pins on T4.0. The...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I can understand the concern about 5v pins... But we have had this issue with every 3.3v only teensy for awhile now. Also ditto for all of the 3.3v Arduino boards, like: the UNO R4 and GIGA But they all have a common setup. Note the UNO is...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Wasn't seeing an issue - just a note ... from prior posts some will make boards and some plug wire arrays. Even an ideal total rework couldn't make it 'perfect' for all given potential uses and MEGA class pin count. And any rework has risk.
    • mjs513
      Not sure what the issue is - to be honest I been bringing out the 5V pin to edge connectors on my T4.x and T3x breakouts without an issue as well as other boards I have done. Just have to be careful with the wiring and check the traces before...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      With regards to that, here's a todo list. * Add the missing AD_B1_XX pins * Top left of the board in the spreadsheet image in this thread, there are many GND pins. I will replace a few of them with 5V pins. * 4.5 already has USB Host and USB-PD...
    • mjs513
      Do you have two separate SPI buses, or are both sensors on one bus? If you have one SPI master and two SPI slaves, that means you have 1 each of SCK, MISO, MOSI, and 2 x CS, and you can program the Arduino to simulate both sensors based on which...
    • mjs513
      @bboyes - Good idea... If the problem is with the display. As I mentioned in previous post, could not tell if he is having the issue with the display or with the SD... If it is the SD, then it may depend on which library he is using... But...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
      Yep Milli’s and micros are correct. Display is in millis
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      are the Miilis Micros labels correct? This would be 1,000 times faster? Capture time (millis): 210 PXP time(micros) : 204 No units on : Display time: 232
    • mjs513
      Actually there is. There are 2 rules of thumb. The source buffer needs to be the image size and The destination buffer should be the display size so in this case if you set your buffers like this for an ILI9488 display: uint8_t s_fb[(640) * 480]...
    • mjs513
      using the non_camera sketch (another_pxp_test.ino) which just loads images from progmem I did some more timing tests. Based on using 198Mhz for SDRAM clock: Using flexio_teensy_mm image from @Rezo...
    • mjs513
      Ok pushed the changes mentioned up to my fork of lib and updated the examples if anyone wants to try it https://github.com/mjs513/T4_PXP/tree/pxp_t4_mods The basic calling function is now (included the option for byte swap): void...
    • mjs513
      Just posted some info on the SDRAM thread.
    • mjs513
      @Rezo asked on the PXP thread if I tested on the SDRAM board. When last night and this morning did some timing tests using a HM0360 camera and a ILI9488 (SPI) display at QVGA resolution. Well before I show the timings there is definitely...
      • IMG_1218.jpg
      • IMG_1217.jpg
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      So the missing 6 pins is basically all needed in a nutshell in order for the board to expose the important functionalities for further development? More 5V,s at the top is a valid point and that will be done! If so then I'll start!
    • mjs513
      Thanks. Been at it again. Since its the set of functions I am using all the time I just created a new one that I am testing. This way don't have to keep copying and pasting code PXP_ps_output(tft.width(), tft.height(), /* Display...
    • mjs513
      Right now this is all on internal buffers on the T4.1 and Micromod. The T41 is using EXTRAM running at 132mhz with a ILI9488 on SPI At some point soonish going to try on SDRAM board.
    • mjs513
      Ok just managed to get do a color conversion from Y8/Y4 to RGB565. That will address issues with HM01B0 and HM0360 cameras - so everything can be done from PXP now. Image from conversion:
      • 1715966933605.jpeg
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      @defragster put that (or adding a single 90° Cross row) out wondering if the denser pin presentation would better fit 100mm (?) limit on low cost 'machine made' boards and limit the wire length for physical wires as well. The (image above...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KrisKasprzak's post in the thread SD Card generate filename from date with Like Like.
      or this char FileName[27] = "N_YYYY-MM-DD_NNN.csv"; sprintf(FileName, "N_%04d_%02d_%02d_%03d.csv", ID, year(), month(), day(), FileNumber); // populate ID if (someval ==...
    • mjs513
      I agree = double rows would probably make it more difficult to connect a adapter shield
    • mjs513
      Again I am not the expert on what every one wants... However if it were me I would probably do something like: Note: this is a mucked up version of the page. Yellow areas show the existing AD_B1_xx pins. The 6 Orange cells near them, I would...
    • mjs513
      Thats exactly what I mean. Route a couple to the 1x40 header so a shield can get access. As for a todo list. As far as I know @KurtE gave it to you in post #1009: New T5 15/A1 AD_B1_03 USB_OTG1_OC QTIMER3_TIMER3 LPUART2_RX SPDIF_IN...
    • mjs513
      Reply its working now, I added /*new pins */ #define CORE_INT55_PIN 55 #define CORE_INT56_PIN 56 #define CORE_INT57_PIN 57 #define CORE_INT58_PIN 58 #define CORE_INT59_PIN 59 #define CORE_INT60_PIN 60 #define CORE_INT61_PIN 61 #define...
    • mjs513
      This is less of a question and more of a comment in case someone else finds it helpful.. But if like me you've modified the usb_desc.h file to change the name of a device or you've changed something in the usb.desc.c file, but Windows isn't...
    • mjs513
      So did you try just using the pin numbers directly that you added
    • mjs513
      A little confused. Looking at your core_pins.h file you just added the pins: #define CORE_NUM_TOTAL_PINS 83 #define CORE_NUM_DIGITAL 83 #define CORE_NUM_INTERRUPT 83 #define CORE_NUM_ANALOG 18 #define CORE_NUM_PWM 31...
    • mjs513
      It really helps to see the actual code: If that file is actually like: #include <SdFat.h> ... class SNFileRW { private: SdFat sdEx; ... } int SNFileRW::SN_SD_setup() { // returns 0 if successful, else error code #ifdef ARDUINO_TEENSY35...
    • mjs513
      With all that said you can actually mix and match SD and SDfat commands. Take a look at the SdFat_Usage example in the SD library. Note: SD is linked to the SDfat library that is installed with Teensyduino (either for 1.8.19 or 2.2.0 IDE's)...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Equivalent to Port Manipulation on Arduino with Like Like.
      As mentioned, there are port. GPIO1-5 (they are also known as GPIO6-9), The pins on GPIO1 in normal mode are on GPIO6 in fast mode. The Teensy startup code sets all of the pins into fast mode. If you have not already done so, would recommend...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to MarkT's post in the thread Equivalent to Port Manipulation on Arduino with Like Like.
      This thread might be useful: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/sample-code-using-gpio.61816/#post-246152
    • mjs513
      There are, but they're not called PORTB / PORTC / etc. because those are specific to AVR CPUs.
    • mjs513
      Thanks for checking :)
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Looks like it runs on my MMOD with ILI9488 :D
    • mjs513
      Quick update: Pushed latest changes to repo: https://github.com/mjs513/T4_PXP/tree/pxp_t4_mods fixed a minor bug when image_width > image_height. added some comments. theoretically you should just be able to drop the PXP functions into your...
    • mjs513
      Ok folks. While testing what I had with different size images than the flexio_teensy_mm found that there were several issues with rotation and scaling. So for the past few days been working on resolving those issues and finally found the...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread New Camera Library for Teensy Micromod/4.1 with Like Like.
      Soon I will be out again doing more yard/garden work... But thought I would mention that I wanted to get all of the cameras to work on T4.1 on the CSI pins, that worked on the Micromod with FlexIO. The main problem child is the Arducam HM01b0...
    • mjs513
      Oh just one more thing, Would be nice if you could maybe substitute a couple 5v pins for the 3.3v pins. Would make it easier when creating a shield.
    • mjs513
      The idea is to make the gen5 to have the pins needed, then from that I have already planned to make a shield for the two screens that @Rezo has in his possesion. Other shields can be done by you guys as well. And of course the Gerber files and...
    • mjs513
      mjs513 reacted to mr_koz's post in the thread Feetech Servos with a Teensy 4.1 with Like Like.
      Greetings! This is less asking for guidance and more sharing what I have figured out. Getting the Feetech servos running on my robot has been a bit challenging as there's not a lot of up to date information or source code available, added to my...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back