mjs513's latest activity

• mjs513
    mjs513 replied to the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO.
    To be honest TRGSEL should just be 2 * pin index. Was looking at that yesterday.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread xenForo Improvements with Like Like.
    One feature I sort of miss from the old forum, was the ability to see who has read or visited the thread, and then the ability to hover your mouse over a name and see the last time a person visited the thread. As a side note: not sure of us...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    I thought I would give a quick update. I am still working on having it use multiple shifters. But yesterday decided to go back to basics of using 1 shifter and figure out why it is not working. And finally I believe it is working with 1 :D...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    Forgot to mention: with this code: // TIMCTL, page 2933 // TRGSEL: Trigger Select .... // 4*N - Pin 2*N input // 4*N+1 - Shifter N status flag // 4*N+2 - Pin 2*N+1 input //...
  • mjs513
    Been trying to follow the testing results but it does get confusing. when doing your testing with caps have you tried to see the impact of running at official speeds like 133Mhz and 166Mhz.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread ornament & crime beta testing with Like Like.
    In a classic example of everything takes longer than anticipated, after I got those 2 units soldered I didn't really have a plan for how I would test them. While the Phazerville firmware now has low-level drivers for the new hardware (most of it...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Yes, See p#718. And p#716 for more details and CODE link. 12 pF soldered and started now ... p#718 shows 6.8 pF had more Errors than 10 pF. PARTIAL results coming in for 12 pf - 240 MHz BETTER with 15 ERRORS ( versus 900+ above) > and at 254...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    @Dogbone06 : Github code CapReadSDRAMTest.ino is current and working as expected for me! > Jumper p#16 to 3.3V and upload and look for SerMon, remove Jumper. > Test runs to completion {227, 240, 254, 270, 288} MHz, then resets and stops with...
  • mjs513
    And now for something completely different to find out what CAP helps up to what SDRAM speed. Evolving the test now with a 10 pF cap installed. Very surprising so many CAPS worked to such high speeds! No Errors through 227 MHz with 10 pF...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    CapReadSDRAM Gives this result with a 10pF cap. Test capacitor effect effect on SDRAM read timing margin SDRAM hardware initialized. This test takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Progress:: '#'=fixed pattern, '.'=PsuedoRand...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    You can still get the same thing if the CPU and DMA are both accessing it.
  • mjs513
    I can but not with the 1060 chips. But if you are using a 1070 or a H7 that have 2 cores sharing memory (SDRAM) you might get into a race condition.
  • mjs513
    Just ran the test on my board with no cap at 221 and 211/ note 208 gives no errors #####f####f##F.FF.F..F.FFFF...FFF.F.FFF.F.F.FFFFFFFFFFFFF Test result: 2975261 read errors (0.0062%) Extra info: ran for 610.63 seconds Compile Time...
  • mjs513
    💡 - Getting closer... The DMA Error was because the output buffer was not 64 bit (maybe only 32 bit) aligned... It as setup for 16 bit pixels. So once I aligned it... In this case to 32 byte alignment... it started receiving data. I may still...
  • mjs513
    Not following? This was a number of total reads for a one off run - not to be 'incorporated' in any other fashion? No configuration once compiled. When the sketch starts it does a 90 second test run with only 3 ReReads of all tests showing a...
  • mjs513
    Over 57 tests with 3 ReReads :: Extra info: ran for 84.27 seconds {total reads 1,434,451,968} For 100 ReReads longer pass it would be about: 47,815,065,600 EXTMEM Memory Test, 32 Mbyte SDRAM speed 205.71 Mhz F_CPU_ACTUAL 600 Mhz begin@...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    It is the latest code and library from Git. Tell me what to do next and I’ll do it.
  • mjs513
    TRUE! If that is building with the current INO from github then that is the case. Bummer not getting to see all the code and feedback as it goes to KNOW the code is right.
  • mjs513
    It's way above my league. I can only test and give you guys the results haha.
  • mjs513
    All your thoughts are valid. And for a real world product I would never overclock. But for fun, I'm willing to blow shit up lol
  • mjs513
    Teensy is at NAMM again this year in the form of the Aviate Audio Multiverse. New feature this year is IR support in the pedalboard designer, which we can now use to create our own guitar cab IR audio effects. Here is the source code to my...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Need advice on PCB manufacturers with Like Like.
    Thanks everybody for the advice. I did go with OSHPark. It was a little over 18 bucks for three boards and free shipping. The board is about 2x2 inches. This was my first attempt doing a board layout and it probably could be laid out better. Will...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulS's post in the thread Need advice on PCB manufacturers with Like Like.
    You may want to check out PCBway as well. Had them produce 5 different boards over time. Quality is fine. Paul
  • mjs513
    My goal is the highest speed possible. I don't think there are faster versions. But this SDRAM which is rated for 166MHz, runs smoothly on 221MHz with various capacitors. So I think a little more should work. But this is all just for fun.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Good luck... I thought I saw some up on Digikey that are rated for 200MHz, but maybe don't have the right memory configuration... For me, I always wonder when you push components like this, if it maybe will only work on some percentage of the...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Since it's being used to measure a delay between the clock signal and when data actually arrives from the SDRAM I think the "best" value would vary based on the board design / track lengths.
  • mjs513
    Just saw this thread - not sure why I didn't notice it before. In the middle of something else - when done will switch over to this? Did you look at the sparkfun lib to see if they are doing anything differently?
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to brtaylor's post in the thread ICM-20948 Magnetometer Rate Issues with Like Like.
    I've been working on updating my InvenSense IMU library to include support for the ICM-20948. It is located here in the "icm-dev" branch: https://github.com/bolderflight/invensense-imu/tree/icm-dev The sensor has a 6 DOF IMU and a 3 DOF mag all...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to brtaylor's post in the thread ICM-20948 Magnetometer Rate Issues with Like Like.
    Updated the icm-dev branch to include a driver for the AK09916. Two read methods are defined: 1. Read1 - starting from AK09916 register ST1, does a block read up to and including ST2. After the bulk read, check the ST1 register to see if the data...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Sorry, I have not had enough :coffee: yet and my eyes are still sort of glazed over... But I keep wondering if your goal is 300MHz, are you not asking for trouble if you try to more or less run something at twice the speed they are rated for...
  • mjs513
    Ditto - don't plan on it to be honest - in the middle of trying to get Flexio to work with the OV7670 camera - assisting @KurtE
  • mjs513
    I capped it at 360 MHz partly because supporting higher seems utterly unnecessary, but mostly because I was feeling lazy about assigning the PODF divider. Restricting to only 2 & 3 allows ~83 to 360 MHz.
  • mjs513
    I changed the range to 100-600Mhz and looks like the maximum is going to be 227.37Mhz actual frequency or 222Mhz set frequency.
  • mjs513
    Maybe the library should have a function to read the actual frequency as a float, since it will give something slightly different.
  • mjs513
    inline float getFrequency() { return frequency; } That change has been pushed. See post #631
  • mjs513
    the sketch goes from 95 to 370 Mhz. So from 222-370Mhz the actually frequency would only be 227.37Mhz. Looks like the minimum frequency is 100Mhz. Corrected range....
  • mjs513
    Yeah, the hardware is only capable of specific discrete frequencies since it's clock comes from the PLL multiplied by 18 and divided by 2 integers. With the API allowing request of any integer MHz frequency, the best it can do is give the...
  • mjs513
    Short answer is yes
  • mjs513
    Out of curiosity I modified @PaulStoffregen supported frequency sketch since I was seeing alot of dup actual frequencies: Set : Actual 100 : 99.31 102 : 102.86 105 : 106.67 109 : 110.77 113 : 115.20 118 : 120.00 123 : 125.22 124 : 123.43 126 ...
  • mjs513
    Sorry all was MIA yesterday - power went out for about 8 hours and by the time it came back was too late. See I missed a bunch. Planning on adding a new function to the lib to get the freq set in the begin method. But to do that I had to ditch...
  • mjs513
    That’s really cool! That the little 1062 can power that big screen.
  • mjs513
    Using the current latest asking for 'speed = 206' with no cap: Clock set 205.71 MHz SUCCESS sdram.init() SEND USB to repeat test after completion Send '1' for 100 or 'k' gives 1K read repeats and 's' returns to start short test...
  • mjs513
    Just to explain the rationale again, you're trying to find a frequency where it's occasionally failing. Only 26 errors from millions of reads really isn't very much. You might need to go slightly higher. The idea is to test various (or all)...
  • mjs513
    How about a program you can run to see them all? #include <SDRAM_t4.h> SDRAM_t4 sdram; void setup() { while (!Serial) ; for (int i=95; i < 370; i++) { bool ok = sdram.begin(32, i, true); Serial.printf(" clock=%d, %s\n\n", i, (ok ...
  • mjs513
    Try changing this code to this: CCM_ANALOG_PFD_480_SET = 0x80 << 8; CCM_ANALOG_PFD_480_CLR = 0x7F << 8; unsigned int frac = roundf(8640.0f / (float)(clock * clockdiv)); if (frac < 12 || frac > 35) return false; //...
  • mjs513
    Added a mandelbrot sample that cycles the palette colors (still using only 4bpp/16 colors because it turns out I only have RAMDACs on hand, not direct VGA DACs...) A picture of 1920x1080 output for @Dogbone06 :
  • mjs513
    Just pushed the change to the library
  • mjs513
    Confirmed tested (no cap) works at 198 and 206mhz
  • mjs513
    Yes and no - @jmarsh pointed out to me that at 166Mhz and above still need set useDQS to true, probably because there is still some internal capacitance on the pin. so begining to wonder if we even need it at all
  • mjs513
    None
Back