mjs513's latest activity

• mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Here's a quick update from me: Got some 5" and 4.3" LCDs here, 800*480px, 16.7M colors @Dogbone06 sent over some Adaftuit 40 pin lcd breakout boards which arrived on Monday, got to wiring it up day before last, and started testing. Consulted...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    I pulled up the 1060EVK schematic and took a look at how they wired up the LCD (it's a 480x272@16bit) and I see that the wiring order is B-G-R and not R-G-B as I wired it up: looking through the eLCDIF control registers I don't seen an option...
  • mjs513
    Great success! Swapped the color order on the pins, so its wired B0-7, G0-7, R0-7 on LCD_DATA0 through LCD_DATA23 pins and it looks great! So that confirms the color order on the eLCDIF output is BGR and not RGB
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Not without an external encoder, the pins aren't fast enough to do TMDS (like the pi pico can) to output DVI directly.
  • mjs513
    Think that was asked a couple times on the forum but I don't think it would be able to directly drive a HDMI screen. I did play with this thing: a few years ago and it did work with a teensy 4 but you had to mod the software a bit
  • mjs513
    The more I learn about these large language models (LLM) used in "AI" the more I think they are huge sink holes for other peoples intellectual property that get spit out the backend in a somewhat coherent form but not necessarily anything useful...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6 with Like Like.
    Maybe Arduino IDE is asking a browser to download the file, and the browser got an incomplete download 1 time and keeps retrieving the incomplete file from its cache?
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    So far not much to film...Still trying to get things to work reasonably one frame at a time. As for moving it around to scan. I am having a hard enough time with something like 16 wires on the connected to the camera, going to Devboard, where I...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6 with Like Like.
    Maybe good day to release :D it as Arduino just released 2.3.0 As well as board updates for several boards.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6 with Like Like.
    FWIW, I was sometimes (rarely) also seeing that on Linux, but could never make it happen on MacOS. Going to install on all 3 and do a big round of testing this morning!
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Maybe. Not sure how to change or the like. That it is why, I prefer to do more Random testing like this. We often find issues, that were not uncovered using standard tests. I have not run into this yet... But have in the past. Also have in...
  • mjs513
    2.3.0 solves the problem I was seeing on Windows (with 2.2.1 and 2.2.2-nightly only 3 days ago) where the drop-down board select menu wouldn't update properly when one Teensy was unplugged and a different Teensy model plugged into the same cable...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    Downloaded and installed no issues. Compiled and uploaded using our Flexio camera sketch - it uploaded no issues and ran dual serial. So doesn't look like it broke anything - at least yet :)
  • mjs513
    One other thing with the camera and the board I am using is that I had to add 4.7k pullups to SDA/SCL to get the camera to be detected reliably with the sdram board.
  • mjs513
    We are using the camera in RGB(565) mode, We have the camera outputting DMA from FlexIO (I think only using one shifter right now). The camera returns the 16 bits, in byte swapped order, so we have a quick loop to swap them: //byte swap...
  • mjs513
    @KurtE and I have been testing an OV7670 + spi displays (ili9341 and 9488). While testing the camera using extmem was getting what I would call halo effects: Switching to the pixel buffer in DMAMEM that affect clears up drastically. Maybe...
    • 09-42-19.png
    • 09-45-04.png
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to xxxajk's post in the thread Teensy 3.2 End Of Life with Like Like.
    I've been actively tracking the whole thing for a couple of years now. It's pretty much exactly like the capacitor famine, which, we are actually at the tail end of. You can blame a couple of things for the whole mess, which are very similar to...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Saibot's post in the thread WM8960 with Like Like.
    https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/wolfson-wm8960-dac.62733/ I do not know if it still works I did this during my rum and coke night... Therefore best tested with a Simple Man performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Another idea occurred to me while I was digging through old VGA cards looking for a DAC. It was pretty common for video cards "back in the day" to have a VESA feature connector. They were mostly intended for connecting to accelerator cards, which...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    Just installed - no issues installing using the new URL on IDE 2.2.2 nightly. Ditto for 1.8.19 completed the camera flexio sketch that we have been working on no issues.
  • mjs513
    Yes, agreed, let's call this capacitor testing completed.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Was questioning own results at 3AM so didn't post - but woke up to a better understanding of the one puzzle. At 254 MHz with 13.6 pF hand soldered 5 fixed patterns have no errors and overall errors are 0.0753% so this case is far from 58% errors...
  • mjs513
    The capacitor part numbers I gave were all 1% or 2% tolerance capacitors. The PCBs are also probably pretty similar if made by the same vendor. With JLCPCB several factories are in play, but even if their different factories use different layer...
  • mjs513
    Just wanted to send a very heartfelt thank you to Paul for building the Teensy 4.1 microcontroller board. The context of this is my team just had our first successful test flight of our 4 tonne drone for fighting forest fires. The entire...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    So I have a new distraction to try out on the GIGA board: Soon to plug it into the GIGA and see if it works at all. I have a few of the OV7670 cameras, that I can plug in, but the shield code mainly mentioned using the OV7675, so I have one...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    I have the display but not the camera. It seems to work ok and has a couple of 3D animations as demos. One thing to be careful of is the pin labels on the GIGA don't match the pin labels on the display and the connectors are not keyed. Here is a...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    Thanks, I was able to connect it up, and tried a few of the examples. Like, the one to read from camera and display on it... Which is working, I had to edit it for this camera slightly, but not bad for a few minutes. Currently the camera...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 replied to the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO.
    To be honest TRGSEL should just be 2 * pin index. Was looking at that yesterday.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread xenForo Improvements with Like Like.
    One feature I sort of miss from the old forum, was the ability to see who has read or visited the thread, and then the ability to hover your mouse over a name and see the last time a person visited the thread. As a side note: not sure of us...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    I thought I would give a quick update. I am still working on having it use multiple shifters. But yesterday decided to go back to basics of using 1 shifter and figure out why it is not working. And finally I believe it is working with 1 :D...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    Forgot to mention: with this code: // TIMCTL, page 2933 // TRGSEL: Trigger Select .... // 4*N - Pin 2*N input // 4*N+1 - Shifter N status flag // 4*N+2 - Pin 2*N+1 input //...
  • mjs513
    Been trying to follow the testing results but it does get confusing. when doing your testing with caps have you tried to see the impact of running at official speeds like 133Mhz and 166Mhz.
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread ornament & crime beta testing with Like Like.
    In a classic example of everything takes longer than anticipated, after I got those 2 units soldered I didn't really have a plan for how I would test them. While the Phazerville firmware now has low-level drivers for the new hardware (most of it...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Yes, See p#718. And p#716 for more details and CODE link. 12 pF soldered and started now ... p#718 shows 6.8 pF had more Errors than 10 pF. PARTIAL results coming in for 12 pf - 240 MHz BETTER with 15 ERRORS ( versus 900+ above) > and at 254...
  • mjs513
    @Dogbone06 : Github code CapReadSDRAMTest.ino is current and working as expected for me! > Jumper p#16 to 3.3V and upload and look for SerMon, remove Jumper. > Test runs to completion {227, 240, 254, 270, 288} MHz, then resets and stops with...
  • mjs513
    And now for something completely different to find out what CAP helps up to what SDRAM speed. Evolving the test now with a 10 pF cap installed. Very surprising so many CAPS worked to such high speeds! No Errors through 227 MHz with 10 pF...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    CapReadSDRAM Gives this result with a 10pF cap. Test capacitor effect effect on SDRAM read timing margin SDRAM hardware initialized. This test takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Progress:: '#'=fixed pattern, '.'=PsuedoRand...
  • mjs513
    You can still get the same thing if the CPU and DMA are both accessing it.
  • mjs513
    I can but not with the 1060 chips. But if you are using a 1070 or a H7 that have 2 cores sharing memory (SDRAM) you might get into a race condition.
  • mjs513
    Just ran the test on my board with no cap at 221 and 211/ note 208 gives no errors #####f####f##F.FF.F..F.FFFF...FFF.F.FFF.F.F.FFFFFFFFFFFFF Test result: 2975261 read errors (0.0062%) Extra info: ran for 610.63 seconds Compile Time...
  • mjs513
    💡 - Getting closer... The DMA Error was because the output buffer was not 64 bit (maybe only 32 bit) aligned... It as setup for 16 bit pixels. So once I aligned it... In this case to 32 byte alignment... it started receiving data. I may still...
  • mjs513
    Not following? This was a number of total reads for a one off run - not to be 'incorporated' in any other fashion? No configuration once compiled. When the sketch starts it does a 90 second test run with only 3 ReReads of all tests showing a...
  • mjs513
    Over 57 tests with 3 ReReads :: Extra info: ran for 84.27 seconds {total reads 1,434,451,968} For 100 ReReads longer pass it would be about: 47,815,065,600 EXTMEM Memory Test, 32 Mbyte SDRAM speed 205.71 Mhz F_CPU_ACTUAL 600 Mhz begin@...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    It is the latest code and library from Git. Tell me what to do next and I’ll do it.
  • mjs513
    TRUE! If that is building with the current INO from github then that is the case. Bummer not getting to see all the code and feedback as it goes to KNOW the code is right.
  • mjs513
    It's way above my league. I can only test and give you guys the results haha.
  • mjs513
    All your thoughts are valid. And for a real world product I would never overclock. But for fun, I'm willing to blow shit up lol
  • mjs513
    Teensy is at NAMM again this year in the form of the Aviate Audio Multiverse. New feature this year is IR support in the pedalboard designer, which we can now use to create our own guitar cab IR audio effects. Here is the source code to my...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Need advice on PCB manufacturers with Like Like.
    Thanks everybody for the advice. I did go with OSHPark. It was a little over 18 bucks for three boards and free shipping. The board is about 2x2 inches. This was my first attempt doing a board layout and it probably could be laid out better. Will...
  • mjs513
    mjs513 reacted to PaulS's post in the thread Need advice on PCB manufacturers with Like Like.
    You may want to check out PCBway as well. Had them produce 5 different boards over time. Quality is fine. Paul
Back