PaulStoffregen

Latest activity Postings About

• PaulStoffregen
      Email me directly. Put the link to this thread in your mail. Or reply to any PJRC email from any orders and Robin will forward it to me.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Maybe we should extend the biquad filter with more configuration functions? Today I believe we have those functions for only fairly simple 1st and 2nd order filters. Anything more complicated requires the tedious functions to set all the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      I'm not 100% certain I understand. But here are some basic guidelines to keep in mind, which may or may not be relevant to your plans. You should not put any copy of your key.pem file on hardware or software you distribute to customers or the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 INMP441 Input.
      If you're completely new to the audio library, this 31 page tutorial might help. It uses the audio shield, but a lot of the concepts apply to use with other hardware. https://www.pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html If you scroll down that...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 INMP441 Input.
      Maybe this old thread about a similar MEMS microphone can help? https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensyduino-1-52-beta-3.60599/page-3#post-238070
    • PaulStoffregen
      Sadly, filters just aren't anywhere near this good. They attenuate rather than "remove". They also phase shift, which may or may not matter for you, but do keep in mind as you try to optimize how quickly it rolls off amplitude with frequency...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 broken port.
      The USB device data signals are available at small test pads on the bottom side. You could try cutting the end off a USB cable and solder the wires to those D- and D+ pads (see the pinout reference card that came with your Teensy 4.1), and of...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Just the other day I found one 3.6 and several 3.5s we never sold due to minor cosmetic flaws. Also found one 3.2. While it has passed testing (and was put in a small box of minor flawed boards we wouldn't sell), the cosmetic flaw is a very...
    • PaulStoffregen
      If you're asking about ILI9341_t3, it only works on Teensy 3.0 or later. Definitely does not support Arduino Nano.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Quick update to this very old thread. Some time ago, the audio system was updated to automatically assign a timer for updates, if none of the hardware I/O with "update responsibility" were used. The SGTL5000 control was also improved to just...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Perhaps better to first ask, does the hardware truly need cache disable? Seems hard to believe. The effect of the cache isn't even visible outside the ARM core, other than fewer actual accesses to memory. That's why arm_decache_flush_delete()...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Let's first make an effort to add it in the SDRAM_t4 library. Maybe disable interrupts, turn off the cache, add that extra region, then turn the caches back on. That is, if arm_decache_flush_delete() and arm_decache_flush() aren't enough...
    • PaulStoffregen
      I'm surprised to hear 396 MHz isn't working for audio. I tried the WavFilePlayer and Synth > Guitar examples at 396 and 150 and 24 MHz. All 6 cases sound fine when I listen to the audio shield output. I really didn't expect 24 MHz to work, but...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Help with Teensy Loader.
      I'm curious too. The situation with timeouts isn't just 1 simple number, but here's a copy of Teensy Loader with the longest timeout meant to cover the initial erase increased from 30 to 45 seconds...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Difficult to say what's wrong, as I can't see your screen. But as a first troubleshooting step, I'd recommend temporarily adding a syntax error to the file you're editing. Click Verify. It Arduino IDE gives an error for that line number in...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Indeed I've previously tested with similar const-data hex files. This is why I asked for the .hex file to reproduce the problem.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Can you share the large .hex file? Really helps if I have a way to reproduce the problem. Also if you've only tested on 1 system, please tell me which one.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Yup, E000ED0C is the ARM AIRCR hardware register. It's the same on all ARM Cortex-M chips. Should work fine on Teensy 4.0.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Mark's answer is correct. You can also see it in Teensy Loader's Verbose Information window, which is in the Help menu. You can still load new programs after locked into secure mode, if they were created using your key. The loading process is...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Two audio boards on a 4.1.
      If you have the rev D2 audio board, it's usable for channels 1-2 (because the I2S address is fixed). You'll need rev D (with the pads to configure I2C address) for channels 3-4 or channels 1-2. You definitely can use rev D2 and rev D together...
    • PaulStoffregen
      I will only consider changes for Teensy when a test case in Arduino IDE with latest Teensyduino demonstrates the issue.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Yes, indeed, every Teensy has a pushbutton dedicated to entering programming mode (not reset to re-run your program) because you can create programs like this which stay inside an interrupt, which prevents the USB interrupt from running...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Looking forward to seeing this when it's built. One quick question now. I don't quite understand capacitors C50 and C52 on the analog schematic. What do they do?
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Firmware.hex File.
      No PJRC product has ever used .bin format. This is definitely the wrong place to ask for support. Maybe contact the vendor who sold you this product?
    • PaulStoffregen
      Just to be perfectly clear, I will not consider any change without a test case in Arduino IDE. I don't care what code is in any other core library, even Arduino's core library for AVR. If this really is a problem, demonstrate it with code in...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Arduino IDE does indeed support multiple files. Just open new tabs for each file. Easy stuff.
    • PaulStoffregen
      I believe you have found a previously unknown bug in Teensy Loader. If the 2nd part of .ehex is missing (which never happens when written by teensy_secure), but you previously loaded a good 2-part .ehex file, Teensy Loader ignores the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Maybe delay(20) is causing problems? Why would you ever delay in this sort of program? Don't you want to always be ready to receive more data?
    • PaulStoffregen
      A sample program which demonstrates the problem when copied into Arduino IDE with the latest Teensyduino is required. Today 1.59 is the latest. When we start publishing 1.60 betas, "latest" means the latest beta version.
    • PaulStoffregen
      Tried it on Arduino IDE 1.8.19 with Teensyduino 1.59. Put that line inside a class, created an instance, and assigned it. Hopefully that's ok? Compiles without any error.
      • 1708224470715.png
    • PaulStoffregen
      I want to help more, but I really can't. With technical questions, there are really 3 levels. #1 - Best case is enough information to reproduce the problem. #2 - Not as good but still possible to answer is when enough info is given to at least...
    • PaulStoffregen
      ehex format is documented on the code security page https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_code_security.html
    • PaulStoffregen
      Sounds like you tried to use a library designed only for Arduino Uno, though a link to the specific code used would lessen the guesswork. This library with SPI slave support is made for Teensy 4: https://github.com/tonton81/SPI_MSTransfer_T4
    • PaulStoffregen
      Lockable Teensy can probably work here. Once locked into secure mode, you can update it, but only with programs created with your key. That ought to give you the plaform needed to build this sort of thing. As for reading data in Linux, the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Does USBTMC even need special descriptors? Maybe the normal 8 descriptors are enough?
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread I2S Input Downsampling.
      Downsampling is indeed the way, since those mics operate over a fairly limited range. The hardware simply can not give you a very low sample rate. To repeat what MarkT already said, you must low pass filter the audio data before downsampling...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
      If you use the old Arduino IDE 1.8.19, you can choose the install location or just use the ZIP file. The old IDE had a special "portable" mode which made it 100% self contained. If you create the extra directory to put it into that mode (Google...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
      I don't know. But I can tell you the directory used is completely outside of Teensyduino's control. Arduino IDE's Boards Manager installs the files. At every step of installing and running Teensy's tools, Arduino IDE (or Arduino CLI being used...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread cube 15x15x15.
      450 LEDs per pin should work fine.
    • PaulStoffregen
      A lot of work went into Teensy 4 getting programming times as close as possible to the flash chip's speed. ;)
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Triggered I2S.
      The audio library is designed for continuous streaming. The existing software simply doesn't have the feature you want (or at least my not-so-clear understanding of what you want). I could speculate about what might be wrong, but I doubt it...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread SPI library on T4.0.
      Not a good plan. SPI.h is among the many libraries from the Teensyduino installer. They are tested together and meant to be used together. If you upgrade or change one library without the others, it might work, but you might also run into all...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread SPI library on T4.0.
      Yes, confirm SPI.h. To check further, first click File > Preference in Arduino IDE. Turn on verbose output during compile. Arduino IDE will print a lot of info. Near the end (you may need to scroll up to see it) will be a list of the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Maybe something isn't connected properly? Can you show another photo? The picture in msg #1 is from the top, which makes the connection to Teensy hard to see. Is the wire on pin #29 actually soldered to Teensy, or just sitting loose inside the...
    • PaulStoffregen
      Maybe try a much simper test without the audio stuff, like this: void loop() { if (digitalRead(IR) == LOW) { digitalWriteFast(ledpin, HIGH); // LED ON delay(3000); digitalWriteFast(ledpin, LOW); // LED OFF...
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 2.0 hi-Z outputs?.
      Yes, you can use pinMode() in loop() or anywhere else in your program. It's not confined to only setup(), though that's where it's most commonly used.
    • PaulStoffregen
      PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Right Teensy Board for me.
      Sounds like Teensy 4.0, since you're only talking about using a couple pins. So no need for the extra pins and features on Teensy 4.1. If you use Sparkfun products, maybe their MicroMod Teensy would be a better fit. But for just a couple pins...
    • PaulStoffregen
      The word "directly" might be a bit of an exaggeration from NXP's marketing team. Don't directly wire an 8 ohm speaker to Teensy's pins!
    • PaulStoffregen
      I'm currently working on improvements to Teensy Loader to properly handle more than 1 Teensy. So please understand I probably won't make time for quite a while to review pull requests for new features or anything that isn't an immediate problem.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back