PaulStoffregen's latest activity

• PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    Looks like your teensy-package.tar.zst file is definitely wrong. It's only 26,207,755 bytes. The correct teensy-package.tar.zst file for 0.59.6 is 26,729,059 bytes. None of the copies of teensy-package.tar.zst on the PJRC server are...
    • 1707360421859.png
    • 1707360470779.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Also unresolved is @kd5rxt-mark "Unexpected EOF" during install. I'm pretty sure that's going to turn out to be an Arduino CLI issue. But maybe their downloads have some sort of race condition when the prior filename and new filename are the...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Oh believe me, I really want to wrap up 1.59 release! But first I want to try investigating @BriComp's issue reported in msg #30 (even though it lacks the specific code I'm supposed to run on Teensy 3.5... hint.. hint...) I also recently saw a...
  • PaulStoffregen
    @shawn - Here's an attempt to fix Arduino 1.8.19 for MacOS Sonoma. Does it solve the problem on your machine? https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_159-beta6/Teensyduino_MacOS_Catalina_try2.zip
  • PaulStoffregen
    I was able to reproduce the problem on MacOS Sonoma with Arduino 1.8.19.
    • sc.jpg
  • PaulStoffregen
    MacOS Sonoma (14.3) finished installing. I updated Arduino IDE to 2.3.0, then updated Teensyduino to 0.59.6. Clicked Verify and Teensy Loader appeared.
    • sc.jpg
  • PaulStoffregen
    Is this Apple Silicon or Intel CPU? I've been testing on an 2015 Macbook Air with Intel CPU, which has Monterey. My only Apple Silicon Mac is running running Ventura. I'm starting the update now to Sonoma. It's saying I'll get 14.3 when it's...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I found at least 1 other "unexpected EOF" report. It had additional info like "wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host", so maybe a different problem? Or maybe related...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Can you save the Help > Verbose Information log from Teensy Loader shortly after this happens?
  • PaulStoffregen
    I'm hoping you can get this Unexpected EOF to happen again. If so, please look in {AppData}\Local\Arduino15\staging\packages. The file you want is "teensy-package.tar.zst". If you're installing 0.59.6, it should be 26,729,059 bytes. The main...
    • capture.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Looks like IDE 2.3.0 adding this little refresh button when it has new info. Why it sometimes does this rather than showing the new info is beyond me. At least it's there. Will likely come up on this forum from time to time as more people...
    • 1707324182000.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Just confirmed on Windows that uninstalling Teensyduino 0.59.6 is properly closing the Teensy Loader window before it tries to delete the files. :)
  • PaulStoffregen
    FWIW, I was sometimes (rarely) also seeing that on Linux, but could never make it happen on MacOS. Going to install on all 3 and do a big round of testing this morning!
  • PaulStoffregen
    2.3.0 solves the problem I was seeing on Windows (with 2.2.1 and 2.2.2-nightly only 3 days ago) where the drop-down board select menu wouldn't update properly when one Teensy was unplugged and a different Teensy model plugged into the same cable...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Arduino just now released IDE 2.3.0.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Two audio shields can be used together for 4 channel audio. Official documentation is on the audio design tool (right side panel). https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioInputI2SQuad https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioOutputI2SQuad...
  • PaulStoffregen
    You asked for potential data rates. That sort of info is only really useful if you're try to optimize an application, so you know whether you're getting close to the best case scenario. The reality of most practical applications achieve only a...
  • PaulStoffregen
    On the hardware side, you would need to solder a wire so the CS signal connects to some other unused digital pin. And of course if you use pin 10 for something else, cut the connection between Teensy pin 10 and the audio shield, so your other...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Maybe the SPI async functions can help use 2 or 3 SPI ports more effectively? Most ADC chips have some overhead, like a command byte before the data transfer. Even with no overhead, 32 bits times 64 channels times 30 kHz sample rate is 61.44...
  • PaulStoffregen
    The other limitation is timer resolution. Most timers have 16 bits. If the timer clocks at 150 MHz, the 16 bit count overflows every 432us. Such a timer alone can't give a repeat on such a long time scale as 50ms. It may be possible, but is...
  • PaulStoffregen
    The timers run at 150 MHz on Teensy 4.1. Using a timer to control the pin, you'll get multiplies of 6.6ns because the timer clock frequency is 150 MHz.
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Triggered I2S.
    Add volatile to "uint16_t Triggeredi2s::data_input;" Without volatile, the compiler believes it is an ordinary variable in RAM. The compiler applies a lot of optimizations that assume data in RAM doesn't just magically change, because that's...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread #define placement.
    Arduino IDE has complex rules it follows when it finds 2 copies of any library. Best to turn on verbose output during compile in File > Preferences. Then look for the info it prints with the full pathname of every library it used and any if...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Yes, but it will only look for key.pem in the 1.8.x sketchbook folder. You might intuitively expect Arduino IDE 2.x.x and 1.8.x would use the same sketchbook folder setting, but no. If you want to change your sketchbook folder location...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Thanks for confirming. And wow, I had no idea Windows did this VirtualStore thing. What a support nightmare!
  • PaulStoffregen
    Only the top 16 bits of this 32 bit register are captured. The low 16 bits are ignored.
  • PaulStoffregen
    I tried a quick Google search and found this page with instructions for showing the SHA256 checksum of a file. You can use this to check if your USBHost_t36.h file is correct. The USBHost_t36.h file installed by Teensyduino 1.58 should have...
    • capture3.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Next long-shot guess, use File > Preferences to check your "Sketchbook location". Default on Windows should be "C:\User\{yourname}\Documents\Arduino". If this has somehow been changed, I'd recommend putting it back to the default. Then look in...
    • capture2.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Here's more long-shot guesses... Quit Arduino, then look C:\\Users\\Thomas\\AppData\\Local\\Temp. Delete everything named Arduino. Then try a file search over your whole PC. Tell it to look inside hidden folders (how to do this on Windows...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I tried a fresh install of Arduino 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.58 on my Windows 10 machine, just to double check. It compiles the USBHost_t36 MIDI/Basic example without any errors.
    • capture.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Apparently this example code was made up by ChatGPT. It's not real code from any library or working example. It's as unreal as those AI "photos" where the people have 6 or 7 or more fingers... @Ori1 - we can try you, but we're real humans, not...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I know you said you reinstalled Teensyduino. But have to tried first reinstalling Arduino 1.8.19, and then Teensyduino? Running the Arduino installer first will give you a completely blank slate without any Teensy stuff. It's a long shot, but...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Also my question. Where did you get these includes? Are the copied from some other code?
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread #define placement.
    You can't. The library isn't designed for customized graphics size. No amount of #define stuff in your program can tell the library to work differently. To make this sort of change, you'll need to edit the library code.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Those are names for 8 bit AVR. They don't apply to Teensy 4.1. On Teensy 4.1, pins can be either fast or slow GPIO. We default all pins to fast. The fast GPIO all share a single interrupt vector, named IRQ_GPIO6789. We support...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Sure, if you write code to transfer data from I2S using polling or interrupts (rather than DMA) you could pretty easily read any pin and use that result to discard the data. With DMA, you can't do this as the data is collected. But after the...
  • PaulStoffregen
    On MacOS using Arduino IDE 2.2.x, the Teensyduino files are installed in a hidden "Library" folder in your home directory. On my Macbook Air using the lastest beta, the full pathname is...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I don't understand "continuous recording sample by sample and transfer them to some buffer when triggered". Trying to answer your questions, but without some context I just don't know what you're asking by these words. In particular, a thing...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I've added a link to this thread on the PJRC product page, so people who want to buy the Samtech parts can hopefully find this thread. Yes, PJRC is fine with people buying other parts...
  • PaulStoffregen
    For MTP on MacOS, use the Android File Transfer program. https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ You can drag and drop files between it and Finder. But if you double click a file, you'll get a message it has to be dragged over to your Mac. Not...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 psram memtest.
    Could you share the specific test code you believe should be incorporated into the PSRAM test? Your description "just made a copy of the same data in regular memory, and was comparing read data from both arrays on the fly" leaves a lot of...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 psram memtest.
    The 88 MHz default is mostly for compatibility with various flash memory chips people solder to the 2nd set of pads. Perhaps for future software we might consider faster speed if we can be certain the 2nd location is also PSRAM or has no other...
  • PaulStoffregen
    However, there are some rare exceptions. The PT8211 DAC chip is one case where you can send data not as a continuously fixed sample rate.
  • PaulStoffregen
    This part of your goal simply is not realistic. These I2S audio parts require a continuous stream of audio data at a fixed sample rate. You can choose a different sample rate (within a range the hardware supports) and you can craft very low...
  • PaulStoffregen
    All are using same .tar.zst format. Even the old versions were converted to .tar.zst some time ago, when we had that lengthy thread about which Arduino versions work with zstd format.
  • PaulStoffregen
    I really don't know all the places it puts files, especially on Windows. I know Kurt has looked into this quite a bit.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Best guess is this (probably) means the file wasn't fully downloaded. But I don't understand why, because the package index tell the file size and a SHA256 checksum, so it really ought to be able to know if it doesn't have the full file. My...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I was seeing a couple issues, but trying with the latest nightly builds I can't reproduce them on any system. With IDE 2.2.1, on Linux and sometimes Windows (but not MacOS) the drop-down board select list wouldn't always update when I unplugged...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Maybe try it like this: extern "C" void lua_compat_print(const char *s); void lua_compat_print(const char *s) { Serial.print(s); } If that doesn't work, maybe when show us a screenshot of exactly what's at line 1192 where the compiler is...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Did you put the new URL into File > Preferences ? Normally beta versions are published on the main package index URL. This works for normal beta tests, but it has a shortcoming for release candidates where we really want to test everything, or...
Back