PaulStoffregen's latest activity

• PaulStoffregen
    Connections on these diagrams look ok. Sorry, with only this info I can not help further.
  • PaulStoffregen
    You connected the wires to pins 16 and 17. On Teensy 4.0, those are accessed with Wire1. Hopefully that's apparent from the Scanner example? If you were using Teensy 3.x, then Wire.setSDA(17) and Wire.setSCL(16) would be appropriate. If you...
  • PaulStoffregen
    The pin connections are documented on the pinout reference card. It should have come with your Teensy. You can also view it and download PDF on the Teensy 4.0 product page. https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy40.html#pins This link should take...
  • PaulStoffregen
    When you get a proper clean Arduino 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.59, you will see the Wire Scanner prints "Scanning Wire...", then "Scanning Wire1...", then "Scanning Wire2...". If it prints only "Scanning...", you aren't using the 1.59 version.
  • PaulStoffregen
    That's not the new Scanner from 1.59. :( You can download Arduino 1.8.19 installer and Teensyduino 1.59 installer. Both are stand alone and work without any internet access. Fine to download both, then unplug from the internet. Before...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Triggered I2S.
    That's a pretty strange way to read I2S1_RDR0. Maybe it's not really doing what you wanted?
  • PaulStoffregen
    This is a question for Arduino! They created Boards Manager. If you have not run PJRC's installer, we have way to influence this flawed install process. The special PJRC installer exists because the old Arduino IDE versions have limited...
  • PaulStoffregen
    For Arduino IDE 1.8.19 you must run the special installer. Boards Manager in Arduino IDE 1.8.19 is not enough for Teensy. This is the reason for a special installer. Download the installer here: (scroll down to "Arduino 1.8.x Software...
  • PaulStoffregen
    That's incorrect for Teensy 4.0. Those pins are Wire1 on Teensy 4.0. On the older Teensy 3.x boards, those pins were alternates for Wire. Use of Wire.setSDA(18) and Wire.setSCL(19) only works on those older boards. In Teensyduino 1.59 the...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy 3.5 overclock.
    Unlikely to work, but if you want to try... First edit the PLL code in mk20dx128.c around line 888. Refer to the reference manual on page 590 for MCG_C6_VDIV0 documentation. If you can get the PLL to run faster, then turn your attention to the...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Maybe the software is incompatible, but that seems unlikely since Wire library works on Teensy 2.0. I hope you can understand newer software usually isn't tested with obsolete and discontinued products like Teensy 2.0. More likely, you may have...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensy Web Page.
    I removed the dead link.
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    First I've heard of this error, though it appears to have been discussed on Arduino's forum. https://forum.arduino.cc/t/internal-error-in-mingw32-gt-pch-use-address/1107884/1 For several years Teensy has used a precompiled header for Arduino.h...
  • PaulStoffregen
    You really need to run tests on actual hardware. As we've seen already in this thread, small details matter. The peripherals (and/or other stuff) are consuming as much power as the CPU. You wrote "deepsleep in between the new data arrivals" in...
  • PaulStoffregen
    USB doesn't count?
  • PaulStoffregen
    This is really a question for the semiconductor vendor who would make the chip for your ideal embedded system. This RT1062 chip on Teensy 4.x was (probably partially) designed by Freescale before they were acquired by NXP. Freescale was...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I repeated the test with this code. void setup() { pinMode(13, OUTPUT); CCM_CLPCR &= ~CCM_CLPCR_ARM_CLK_DIS_ON_LPM; } void loop() { digitalToggleFast(13); asm("wfi"); } Power supply display now shows 68 mA. Some of that current is the...
    • file.png
    • 1707603630947.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    No, sorry, it doesn't really work that way. You can get close with crafty code that receives everything and retransmits.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Indeed there was a timing problem with pre_uninstall.bat. But it's my fault, not Arduino's. The script was telling Teensy Loader to exit. But we had a race condition where Arduino IDE / CLI tries to delete the tools folder before Teensy Loader...
  • PaulStoffregen
    As a quick test to check whether your sound output is working, please try opening File > Examples > Audio > Synthesis > Guitar. When you run this on your Teensy + Audio Shield, you should hear a guitar strumming sound. This program doesn't use...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I'm confused. Are you asking about TMC for USB device mode (where Teensy emulates test gear and connects to software on your PC like Labview) or TMC for USB host mode (where you could connect real test gear to Teensy's USB host port)? USB...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Issues with USB hub IC.
    Any chance you could try those 2 devices with a consumer USB hub connected to the host port on a Teensy 4.1? Maybe try with and without external power to the ordinary hub? Do you get the same results as seen with the DIY hub?
  • PaulStoffregen
    I also quickly touched the bottom side test points. No voltage spikes visible, with this scope's not-wonderful noise floor. Going to have to take my word on those as both my hands are occupied during those tests, so a lot of extra effort would...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I tried a quick measurement on the 3.3V rail, with AC coupled measurement so I can turn up the sensitivity. This is at 1ms/div, so if the systick wakeup were causing a significant disturbance in the voltage we could expect to see 10 of them in...
    • 1707527130545.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    I believe the many capacitors on Teensy 4.0 are sufficient. But it is still on my workbench. I could fire up my oscilloscope and do a quick measurement. Not looking to turn this into extensive testing... which of the voltage rails would you...
  • PaulStoffregen
    I tried a quick test with Teensy 4.0 and my lab bench power supply with (not highly accurate) display of current. All settings defaults, so 600 MHz speed. Each test I uploaded code, then unplugged the USB cable and powered the Teensy 4.0 with...
  • PaulStoffregen
    If you create a USB type with neither of these USB interfaces, you will need to press the pushbutton on Teensy for every new code upload. Also you will get no Serial.print() to the Arduino Serial Monitor, but hopefully that's obvious.
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
    Yes, you're right, I had to revert that change. Will edit the list.
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
    Opps. I've edited the message is the link is ordinary text.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Looks like they may also have a timing bug with running the pre_uninstall script. Teensy Loader does exit, so they are running the script. But the end result is the teensy.exe file and its old folder remain. Everything else gets deleted. So...
  • PaulStoffregen
    For a first-time install, where no prior downloads are cached in {AppData}/Local/Arduino15/staging/packages, installing any version of Teensy seems to skip downloading the tools package. The IDE says everything was installed successfully, but in...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Looks like we may have more Arduino CLI / IDE bugs on Windows. :(
  • PaulStoffregen
    Compile was successful Sketch uses 10916 bytes (33%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes. Global variables use 732 bytes (28%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1828 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Delete delay(1000)
  • PaulStoffregen
    I'm packaging up a final 1.59 release now. Going to run several tests and if everything looks good it'll be released this evening.
  • PaulStoffregen
    No, I'm not going to do it for you. But if you show an exact copy of the error, I might help you do resolve the problem yourself.
  • PaulStoffregen
    Software for Teensy still supports compiling for Teensy 2.0. Anyone can see this in Arduino IDE with Teensyduino installed. Simply click Teensy 2.0 from the Tools > Board menu. Easy peasy! Teensy 2.0 hardware is no longer being manufactured...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen replied to the thread #define placement.
    My thoughts exactly. So far all the ILI9341 displays I have (and I do have many) are all 320x240 pixels. @kenhorner - my question for you: do you actually have a ILI9341 display with different resolution? If so, can you give info about where...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Teensy 2.0 was discontinued quite some time ago.
  • PaulStoffregen
    These libraries all use digital pins. To measure an analog signal, use analogRead(). If your signal is only value for 0.8ms, perhaps you can create circuitry which gives a digital pulse at the moment to measure? Then connect to a digital pin...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Your code has this: Serial.print("\n Temp "); Serial.print(tmpheater); Serial.print("\n Udc "); Serial.print(udcheater); Serial.print("\n Power "); Serial.print(powerheater); Paul's working...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Fixed this just yesterday! https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensyduino-1-59-beta-6.74402/page-2#post-338592
  • PaulStoffregen
    In Arduino IDE, click File > Examples > ILI9488_t3 > graphicstest9488. To help with the connections, we'll need to see photos of your wiring.
  • PaulStoffregen
    My experience here too. I'm pretty sure we do indeed have some elusive problem (which I suspect is really Microsoft's drivers handling certain cases badly, as I've never seen this with Linux or MacOS). I'll try again later today, but I'm afraid...
  • PaulStoffregen
    PaulStoffregen reacted to jrraines's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6 with Like Like.
    Now I see the memory used stuff: /Users/raine001/Documents - MacBook Pro/Arduino/TeensyEyes_copy_20240205/audio.ino: In function 'void loopAudio()': /Users/raine001/Documents - MacBook Pro/Arduino/TeensyEyes_copy_20240205/audio.ino:103:12...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Thanks for checking. This fix will be in the final release. It seems Apple made another subtle change to /usr/bin/open, or to something deeper within MacOS which it uses. This isn't the first time. We had a similar problem when Monterey came...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Yeah, sure seems like Arduino IDE / CLI isn't even verifying the size after download, let alone the checksum. Both are definitely given in the platform index JSON. My gut feeling is they probably are checking these in some cases. I know it...
  • PaulStoffregen
    Maybe Arduino IDE is asking a browser to download the file, and the browser got an incomplete download 1 time and keeps retrieving the incomplete file from its cache?
  • PaulStoffregen
    Looks like your teensy-package.tar.zst file is definitely wrong. It's only 26,207,755 bytes. The correct teensy-package.tar.zst file for 0.59.6 is 26,729,059 bytes. None of the copies of teensy-package.tar.zst on the PJRC server are...
    • 1707360421859.png
    • 1707360470779.png
  • PaulStoffregen
    Also unresolved is @kd5rxt-mark "Unexpected EOF" during install. I'm pretty sure that's going to turn out to be an Arduino CLI issue. But maybe their downloads have some sort of race condition when the prior filename and new filename are the...
Back