S
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• S
      Thanks everyone for your replies. Thanks! This did the trick - I moved the code setting parameters out of the main loop and into the midi cc case bits, so parameters only get updated when the relevant midi cc is sent. All working perfectly...
    • S
      Don't do a waveform.begin() when you haven't changed the shape. The non-band-limited shapes don't appear to do much, but the band-limited ones have some initialisation code which you're repeatedly calling, probably very fast. In general, I'd say...
    • S
      Thanks - here is the full code. I'm absolutely not a code person, this is all quite new to me. I just set out to create a small, 6 knob synth with some preset sounds I like, and knobs to get some variety, where in the future I can change around...
    • S
      Hi, I'm having a bit of a puzzling issue... I'm having trouble creating a variable to switch between waveforms across all voices. I'm working on an 8 voice polyphonic synth using the Teensy 4.0 with the audio board. It works completely fine...
    • S
      savt22 replied to the thread "String" range issue.
      Thanks - I changed it to 1349 to take it to C0 and it's more than good enough for my purposes! I really appreciate the help from you both.
    • S
      savt22 reacted to h4yn0nnym0u5e's post in the thread "String" range issue with Like Like.
      No, it's simple enough just to change the 536 to 1349 to allow going down to C0 - though as noted by @MarkT it's much better practice to use a const int with a name (and a proper comment) and then change every occurrence of 536 to that. It uses...
    • S
      savt22 reacted to MarkT's post in the thread "String" range issue with Like Like.
      44100/(2*536) = 41.138
    • S
      Hmm… your reply suggests it’s not as simple as changing 536 to a different value. Why is a variable length buffer needed? I’m thinking this is going to all be a bit beyond me…
    • S
      savt22 reacted to h4yn0nnym0u5e's post in the thread "String" range issue with Like Like.
      I started playing with that module, there’s all sorts of changes it needs… Apart from variable-length buffer to allow lower notes (I put that in audio blocks, though it’s not backward-compatible), the feedback filter should be configurable and...
    • S
      savt22 reacted to MarkT's post in the thread "String" range issue with Like Like.
      The code has 536's all over the place, it should be #define'd or a const value in one place...
    • S
      Thanks for your help - I might have some time over the next few days to figure this out. How did you go from 536 to 24.3… to 41.13? Would a simple fix just be to change 536 to the value corresponding to C0, or is it more complicated than that?
    • S
      No, just an arbitrary limit in the source code... Note the TODO comment acknowledging this isn't ideal! Someone got time to do a PR on this maybe?
    • S
      The length of the delay line is limited to 536 entries: int16_t buffer[536]; // TODO: dynamically use audio memory blocks Which corresponds to a round-trip delay of 24.3ms, which is 41.13Hz
    • S
      Ahh I see… that’s a shame. Is this this a necessary limitation for it to work on the teensy, or is it just how the implementation was done?
    • S
      Hi everyone, I've been working on a Teensy polyphonic synth, and it's been a great learning experience. I'm really happy with the results, but I've got one last bug I can't seem to figure out. (I should warn that this is my first real coding...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back