S
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• S
      sRGB565 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Regarding the package, it’s probably because it’s been weekend. It’ll fly over later today I suspect. Or tomorrow.
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      It’s in this post: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/call-to-arms-teensy-sdram-true.73898/post-344210
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      :) If there is a 'best' common feature set, then getting that working in one batch would be a good start for proof of concept. The Star interconnect should 'simply' work - but look how long sliced bread took :) Getting it wired and then...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to theboot900's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      This is a super cool idea!! I'm curious on the link between the cpu and the gpu. Graphicly what does the cpu handle? Does it send vertex data etc every frame? Or is that all loaded initially on the gpu and the gpu will handle all screen...
    • S
      sRGB565 replied to the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062.
      This is a really good idea. I had originally thought of making a test batch of boards but discarded it due to a lack of necessity prior. The bus interconnects are all point to point in a kind of star topology. These aren't the main source of...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      3 bytes times 1280 times 720 is 2.64 MB so two of those buffers fit easily in 32MB single SDRAM/VRAM as on the DevBoard design. That leaves 26.7 MB free from the 32MB - enough room for larger display or 10 more such buffers? Noted on other...
    • S
      Currently due to the severe lack of advanced PCB design, we're going to use existing x64 boards (i.e. old laptops) for a testbed for a while. We will continue with this project but currently we need resources that we just cannot acquire at this...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to theboot900's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      Thanks for the answers. If you can give some progress reports on it. Roll your own gpu is a really cool idea (and a large amount of work) So the gpu will be handling a lot on 1 core. Pixel transformations, shader pixel manipulation etc as...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      * I am far from an expert, I've only designed a few BGA boards thus far. It's sometimes hard to route, the 5V is there because it was the easiest way. Going to a 6-layer board would make life many times easier. I just got my first 6-layer board...
    • S
      Finally got around to PCB design. We took the Gen. 5 design provided by @Dogbone06 and redesigned it for our current console design. However, I have a few questions. I'm curious about this, first of all: Why is there +5V running under the chip...
      • 1718905918640.png
    • S
      Thanks! It has taken no small amount of time to come up with the concept, and we're still refining it. The current major step we're on is PCB design, which since I'm not at all good at it, is going to take a while. I'll detail the link further...
    • S
      The CC Pins are supposed to be connected to the USB-PD CC pins on the IC to negotiate. But they are not. The naming of them was wrong (human error). Good thing you catched this, the PCB's for Gen5 are not assembled yet, so I can pull the...
    • S
      Currently it's a advanced project but if we can do a half decent job of marketing we'll do a true product release. But that'll probably be in a couple years at best.
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Game Console with iMXRT1062 with Like Like.
      This is a very cool and interesting project! Is this a product you are developing, or is it just a very advanced project?
    • S
      I opened a new thread for the game console. This way more system-specific discussion can be done there and I avoid dragging this thread off-topic. https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/game-console-with-imxrt1062.75186/
    • S
      The system itself was mentioned earlier in the SDRAM thread but I decided to give the concept some love and bring it into its own thread. This system has 3 iMXRT cores (1 is the CPU with 128 MB RAM, 1 acts as the GPU with 64 MB RAM, and one is...
    • S
      Looks like this post above was 18,000 for @defragster !!!! - this 18,001
    • S
      Yes I'm sure it will take absolutely forever. My last system I did was comparatively weak and took over a year in development time. I learned a lot of what I currently know about system development from it. The rest came from research on the Wii...
    • S
      This is no easy task. It will be very cool To see if you succeed. I truly hope so! How do you plan to integrate WiFi and Bluetooth to the Teensy, any library in mind?
    • S
      I had wondered if I needed to length tune them, and how to go about doing that. I'll try relocating the SDRAM so it's above the iMXRT and mirroring the traces to another SDRAM near it (of course with a separate CS). Do the track lengths have to...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      If you wanted to add another SDRAM, you just tap most of the existing signals and take a new CS from one of the SEMC CSX pins. Think of it like SPI with loads more pins, and the restriction that the track lengths need to all match each other as...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Quick update: I went ahead and ordered a set of the Shields I was playing with at PCBWay Sort of chicken and egg... Won't know if it works until we receive the boards. The files are up in my github project...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      IIRC the NXP EVK for 1170 comes with two SDRAM - maybe the PCB files might show? Even if they haven't posted DEMO code yet.
    • S
      That should help @sRGB565 with the design atleast. (y)
    • S
      Design decisions. The SEMC only supports up to 512 Mbit per chip. I guess it's time to explain the full design of the game console. The system itself will have 3 iMXRT1062 chips. One is the application processor (turboed to 1 GHz) paired with...
    • S
      Thanks for the kind words. This one has 1x SDRAM. I have not looked into how to add 2x. What do you need 2x for?
    • S
      Nice board! I can say with certainty I have not made a board even remotely that good looking. Do you know how much SDRAM you plan to put on that board? I'm trying to do 2x64 MB but I haven't gotten the design down yet. (In fact, I've only barely...
    • S
      So I've been working on a dedicated 24 bit board these past days. A proof of concept that can play (hopefully) videos, music (amplifier onboard) on a 24 bit screen. The idea is to 3D print a case and have a 5" screen with touch running LVGL...
    • S
      Bootloader can only be bought at one place, that is here: https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html
    • S
      Got it open in KiCad! For a minute there it didn't want to work and it was crashing the program, but I changed the import method and it worked fine afterwards. I'll probably start off by removing some GPIOs, maybe routing another SDRAM (later...
      • 1717534394466.png
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Download and EasyEDA install works! Even a quick silkscreen edit. Four layers and you got all that - luckily the Ethernet wasn't called for:
    • S
      Post 1124 has it, page 45 in this thread. NOTE: This is the new Gen5, it’s not been tested. But the changes made from previous gen (4.5) is minor so there should be no issues. The SDRAM is untouched, that’s proven to work already in previous boards.
    • S
      Also where can I find this design? I looked through the forum again but probably missed it.
    • S
      That's dedication, it's a long thread. It's also fun to see that the community benefits from the development of SDRAM. Hope you succeed with the game console, don't forget to make a thread and show it of once you get going!
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to sndsgd's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Keeping a single thread for the general ideas and then kicking off new threads for more specific projects seems to make sense to me. This thread is a good read, and I think it's about to get a lot better very soon 😀
    • S
      That's interesting. Is there a need for that in the SDRAM library that you guys made here in the thread? Cool stuff! Take my design of the gen5 that I posted earlier, and work from there if you want. I use EasyEDA, it's not the worlds most...
    • S
      So I can just tell the NXP bootrom to initialize it? I do remember something about decreased flexibility but since I don't need insane clocks it probably doesn't make a significant difference. I don't plan to use emulation cores currently though...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      The SDRAM can be initialized by the NXP bootrom, so it's ready to go before any of the Teensy startup code even begins. Example code here: https://github.com/A-Dunstan/SDRAM_EXTMEM/blob/master/examples/DCD_Init/dcd.cpp It's a bit tricky but it's...
    • S
      Yes, it's well over a thousand messages. I did find quite a bit of useful information though especially about cap and DQS timings. As I mentioned before, we will build a test board (when I figure out how to wrestle with KiCad) and try out both 1...
    • S
      sRGB565 reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Started playing with a shield... Still needs some cleanup...
    • S
      I just spent multiple days reading this entire thread after learning that the i.MXRT chip is capable of using SDRAM. I've been planning on building a game console with this chip and a few other support chips and am fully interested in getting...
    • S
      Not if they're displays that use on-board RAM, because LCDIF is meant for direct rendering. Is it time to start trying to talk people into designing/building a HDMI encoder board?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back