T
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• T
      TRGD replied to the thread Teensy 4.1FreqMeasureMulti Library.
      Understood, I believe the encoder I was using for that test was a bit lower in resolution to what I am using now. Would a higher resolution encoder work better to use the library? At the moment I don't believe I have one around. Quick questions...
      • IMG_6005.jpg
    • T
      So we tested with an oscilloscope and got some time recordings for the high and low pulse and determined that for some reason the FreqMeasureMulti library wasn't giving us the right values but we've tested a code that seems to be working whose...
      • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-27 at 12.40.58.jpeg
      • WhatsApp Image 2024-06-27 at 12.41.31.jpeg
      • Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 2.05.45 PM.png
    • T
      Interesting, thank you. To make sure I understood the thread correctly. So you are powering the Teensy with 5V on the Vin pin and connecting the power of the encoder there as well since it needs the 5V and then simply connecting a 1k resistor...
    • T
      So what you're suggesting is basically to get a slice of time and getting the speed with delta x / delta t? My question would this result in any steps being missed? And to then translate this to replicate the movement on the stepper would I just...
      • Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 2.03.55 PM.png
      • Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 2.04.04 PM.png
    • T
      Yes, I do have them with INPUT_PULLUP. Unfortunately the encoder I have is locked down with another project but I believe it is that same one you have there so I expect I would get a similar output. I've uploaded a picture of the encoder and it...
      • IMG_5957.jpg
    • T
      Hello, yes it is exactly like one of those encoders. So actually to answer both of your questions. I actually have used both the Encoder and QuadEncoder Libraries. From my testing QuadEncoder worked much better to get the direction value with-I...
    • T
      I don't have them on me at the moment so I don't have an exact model if that is what you are asking but they are rotary encoders. They just have four cables-power,ground, and the two data lines I assume for the A and B pulse-hopefully that...
    • T
      I am currently working on a project where I have two encoders connected to my Teensy 4.1. As of right now I am only focusing on one but if I am not mistaken using this library to sample the pin of the second shouldn't be an issue as there are...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back