Search results

1. Rolfdegen

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

Wavetable oscilator in Teensy Audio engine // WaveformModulated BRAIDS_WTX4 ------------------------- case WAVEFORM_BRAIDS_WTX4: { parameter_[0] = (osc_par_a << 5) + par_a_mod_; // osc_par_a from pot 0-1023, par_a_mod modulation input parameter_[1] = (osc_par_b << 5) +...
  2. Rolfdegen

More wavetable from Jeannie and MiniFreak Jeannie polyphonic DIY Synthesizer play wavetables with MiniFreak play sequenzer patches
  3. Rolfdegen

Jeannie meets wavetable... Jeannie now has Mutable Braids wavetable oscillators..
  4. Rolfdegen

Encoder with RC filter

We use good BOURNS type PEC11L Series encoders. They have 100,000 cycles. The manufacturer recommends an external RC filter (see data sheet). The RC filter already has a pullup. Therefore internal pullup resistance is not necessary.
  5. Rolfdegen

Encoder with RC filter

The Teensys inputs for the encoder are operated via built-in pullup resistors. Pullup resistors are switchable resistors in the IC that switch an input pin to operating voltage. This means that the input pin is 'active low', so it switches when the input is pulled to ground via the encoder...
  6. Rolfdegen

Next Update coming soon.. and more Braids synthesis 22.10.23​ V2.79​ Added Braids and Shruthi Synthesis ​ ​ Braids VOWL : low-fi Vowel synthesis. PRM_A : formant, PRM_B : formant_shift​ ​ ​ Shruthi ZSAW : Phase-distortion sawtooth with filter sweep​ ​ ​ Shruthi ZSYNC :​ ​ ​ Shruthi...
  7. Rolfdegen

Crash with new modulation parameter into AudioSynthWaveformModulated

Oscillator Menu My DIY Synthesizer blog in english: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/63255-New-Teensy-Synth-quot-Shruthi-2-quot?highlight=Teensy+Shruthi My DIY Synthesizer blog in german: https://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/threads/jeannie-polyphonic-diy-synthesizer.160564/ Vowel music from my...
  8. Rolfdegen

Teensy 4.0 audio shield Rev D cant connect to Micro SD card

Hi friend.. This is how I check my SD card // init SD card on Teensy 4.1 --------------------------- if (!SD.begin(chipSelect)) { // chipSelect is 254 Serial.print("No SD card!"); while(1) { }; } else { Serial.print("SD card is connected"); }
  9. Rolfdegen

In my Teensy Project I use special oscillators, for example a Vowel oscillator from Mutable instruments. These have two more parameters for formant setting and formant_shift. I want to modulate the parameters with LFOs and envelopes Look my Video. Its a poliphonic Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer...
  10. Rolfdegen

problem solved! :D It was querying null values for the new parameters par_A and par_B. I had a mixer input connected to an envelope and the mixer output connected to the new modulation input. Since the envelope did not provide any data when starting the system, the system crashed. void...
  11. Rolfdegen

Thank you for the good tips. I want to check it. Is my code for additional inputs in the oscillator correct in principle :confused: I looked for examples in the audio lib but didn't find anything!
  12. Rolfdegen

Thanks... I get a message. But I don't understand the error! CrashReport: A problem occurred at (system time) 0:0:56 Code was executing from address 0x15F60 CFSR: 82 (DACCVIOL) Data Access Violation (MMARVALID) Accessed Address: 0x2 (nullptr) Check code at...
  13. Rolfdegen

Teensy Audio Hangs on Mac Sonoma

It seems to be a major USB problem with the new operating system :confused: Look here.. https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/14jno5j/no_audiosound_after_updating_to_macos_sonoma_mbp/?rdt=35537. I cant help. I worke with win11.. Greetings from germany. Rolf
  14. Rolfdegen

Hallo Teensy Friends.. I added two new inputs for modulation parameters (par_A /par_b) into the oscillator code (AudioSynthWaveformModulated). When connecting to audio mixers, the system crashes when starting. Unfortunately, there are no exact instructions on how to integrate two new inputs...
  15. Rolfdegen

Hi Teensy friends :o Jeannie version 2.74 is now available as PlatformIO code on github.. https://github.com/rolfdegen/Jeannie-Open-source-Synthesizer
  16. Rolfdegen

Nice vowel sounds from Jeannie :o
  17. Rolfdegen

I programmed AudioSynthWaveformModulated with two additional modulation inputs.. The modulation inputs can be connected to any modulation source (envelope, LFO and more..) in the AudioPatch.h waveformMod into synth_waveform.cpp void AudioSynthWaveformModulatedTS::update(void) { audio_block_t...
  18. Rolfdegen

The next step. I want to modulate the Parameter_A and Parameter_B in the vowel oscillator with a source (LFO or envelope).
  19. Rolfdegen

The vowel sound with modulation now works very well :)
  20. Rolfdegen

Result into vowel code.. if (phase_ < phaseOld_) { state_vow_formant_phase[0] = 0; state_vow_formant_phase[1] = 0; state_vow_formant_phase[2] = 0; sample = 0; } phaseOld_ = phase_; synth_waveform.h...
  21. Rolfdegen

Hallo Teensy friends.. I would like to implement the Mutable Braids Vowel sound into my Jeannie DIY synthesizer. It sounds very good without pitch modulation. When I turn the pitch wheel up I get distortions in the sound. There seems to be an overflow of increments in the oscillator. I use the...
  22. Rolfdegen

Issues with Arduino IDE 2.1 and Teensy 4.1

Hallo.. I solved the compiler problem. A function in my c code was misspelled. I only now noticed this error. The function has no return value, but void was missing before the function name. Correctly programmed FLASHMEM void print_String(uint16_t index, uint8_t xpos, uint8_t ypos) { My old...
  23. Rolfdegen

I just renamed the table. Now the icons in Output are gone. But unfortunately there is still a big problem. The compiler stops without an error message!? I will now try on old version 1.8.16 of Arduino :confused:
  24. Rolfdegen

data_bandlimit_step.c is needed in synth_waveform.cpp synth_waveform.cpp /* Audio Library for Teensy 3.X * Copyright (c) 2018, Paul Stoffregen, paul@pjrc.com * * Development of this audio library was funded by PJRC.COM, LLC by sales of * Teensy and Audio Adaptor boards. Please support PJRC's...
  25. Rolfdegen

Hallo everyone :) I have Arduino 2.1 installed and the following compiler error: Compilation error: exit status 1 Attached is my Output File and Arduino project file. Thanks a lot for helb :) PS: (I've been working on this problem for 3 days and can't find a solution)
  26. Rolfdegen

usbMIDI transmission error

OK. The test result with unmodified Arduino 1.8.19 / Teensyduino 1.58 / Windows 10 very nice. No error :o:o:o To everyone who helped. Thanks very much. Special thanks to Paul for his great support. Greetings from germany. Rolf
  27. Rolfdegen

Nice :o I'm testing it right now..
  28. Rolfdegen

OK. I'm still using Teensyduino 1.56. Where can I download Teensyduino 1.58 :confused:
  29. Rolfdegen

Arduino behavior is very strange :confused: Regardless of the speed setting, I switched Optimize from "Fast" to "Faster" and immediately noticed transmission errors. Please test again carefully. Completely uninstall and reinstall Arduino and Teensyduino.
  30. Rolfdegen

I found something ! If I set the "Optimize" tool to "Fast" in Arduino, no transmission errors occur. But if I set it to "Faster" or "Fastest" transmission errors occur. CPU Speed is 528 MHz. Can anybody confirm this ? Thanks :) I was able to shorten the waiting time between the SysEx blocks...
  31. Rolfdegen

I also reinstalled Arduino 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.58 for the test. Without success... I use Win10 Home Version 22H2 When changing USB.c I always recompiled the Arduino Scatch. Now.. I will test with Arduino 2.0
  32. Rolfdegen

Youtube: SysEx error Link: https://youtu.be/wgxX9S7QfAg
  33. Rolfdegen

This is a test program for Teensy 4.1 to send 128 SysEx data blocks via usbMidi or Midi 5pol to the pc. Number of blocks and waiting time between send a block can be changed. All attempts with active usb_midi_flush_output() in USB.c file cause receive errors. My synthesizers (DeepMind 6, Waldorf...
  34. Rolfdegen

I sent SysEx data from Jeannie Midi-Out to M-Audio MIDISPORT2x2 Interface to PC. No errors detected.
  35. Rolfdegen

Hello Paul. Thanks a lot for your great help. I have a Rapbery Pi 4 and will test the SysEx data issue with this one. Is there a good midi app for Raspbery Pi to test :confused:
  36. Rolfdegen

For a better error test, you can enable "Detect Bulk Dumps" under Options in SendSX.
  37. Rolfdegen

I haven't found any other solution! Transmission errors occur again and again. I set the waiting time between two SysEx transmissions to very large 500ms without success. If I comment out usb_midi_flush_output() in USB.c file it works very fine. I've tested it 30x and more.. no transmission...
  38. Rolfdegen

After long tests, I have now also found errors when sending SysEx data from Teensy 4.1 to the PC :confused: I tested SysEx USB export from my DeepMind 6 to PC (128 x 201 bytes). No transmission errors.
  39. Rolfdegen

Yes thank you. I tried it last night and it works very well. Thank you Paul :)
  40. Rolfdegen

I wait 20ms after each sent patch block ! If I don't do any wait cycles after a block I have errors. Youtube: https://youtu.be/ghTelpHu6J4
  41. Rolfdegen

Hello Paul and rvh For a neutral test, I reinstalled Arduino 1.8.19 and Teensyduo 1.56 on my Win10 machine and tested Teensy 4.1 sending SysEx data to the PC. I sent 128 blocks of 401 SysEx bytes each and found no error. My SysEx function is very simple. I fill a *buffer with 401 byte SysEx...
  42. Rolfdegen

Paul. Thank you for your effort. I have to go to sleep now. Tomorrow I have time to program again. Thanks very much :)
  43. Rolfdegen

I can't remember exactly what I was doing in Arduino core library for send SysEx Datas to my PC :confused: But.. I changed the midi buffer in Arduino core/teensy4/usb_midi.h form 290 to 512 Byte for receive SysEx Data from PC. I can transfer 401 byte blocks from Teensy 4.1 to my PC without...
  44. Rolfdegen

Yes. I can also confirm. usb midi flush output() is not required in my SysEx function.
  45. Rolfdegen

To test. Here is a 401 byte long SysEx file and a complete SoundBank with 128 SysEx files.
  46. Rolfdegen

MIDI-OX is not stable under Win10 (its an very old midi tool). Bome SendSX is easier and better than Midi Ox. Receive and copy an SysEx File in MIDI-OX: View -> SysEx -> SysEx -> Receive Manual Dump then press the Teensy button to send SysEx, wait a second, and then press Done. Now you can...
  47. Rolfdegen

Hello Paul. Thank you for your time to solve the Midi reception problem in Teensy. I have similar problem receiving Midi SysEx data on a Teensy 4.1. I am using current Win10. For the USB transmission of SysEx data I use MIDI-OX, Bome SendSX and MIOS Studio. My SysEx data block consists of...
  48. Rolfdegen

There is a virtual midi controller for the Jeannie. I am still working on it... The midi controller receives and sends the data via USB. Some functions are too special and can only be programmed or set on the Jeannie. Now I want to display the prg no. and name when switching. Maybe someone...
  49. Rolfdegen

Using 5v Rotary Encoders with Teensy 4.1

Do you have a picture? Thanks :)
Back