Search results

1. M

Is it possible to make a poly synth with ladder filters?

You could also try using the more CPU friendly version of the ladder filter as Richard van Hoesel outlined here. I recently used it on a Adafruit ItsyBitsy M4 Express board and it worked well. I applied his changes and stuck the files on my GitHub, if you want to give it a try.
  2. M

Some new audio objects (STK Instruments / Effects, Bytebeat, Slew Limiter, etc)

Seems like you're making good headway with Pio in the other thread. I was going to mention before I saw Pio's progress - if you’re wanting to change the delay time on the fly, it might be better to start with houtson's delay10tap object or h4yn0nnym0u5e's modulated delay object from this...
  3. M

Thanks! Let me know if you have any problems / questions with anything. Your xr-1 groovebox looks amazing and am enjoying the jams you've posted! I'll be following your progress. On a related note, I've been screwing around with FM as too. The FM instruments in STK (of which I did a Teensy...
  4. M

definitive waveform sync/reset?

I haven't been able to test this yet, but it seems there has been confusion in the past about setting the pulse width using AudioSynthWaveformModulated. See the last few posts in this thread. Seems like to set it directly, you'd want to use a DC object connected to AudioSynthWaveformModulated's...
  5. M

Sorry for the delay. Thanks so much for the thorough response! I’ve tried the code you’ve provided - it seems to work and fails gracefully if the shaper function isn't set. I've updated functionshaper, comparator and dcblock based on your comments, along with a few others that were also using...
  6. M

Thanks so much for the feedback, this is all super helpful. I'm "learning along the way" so thanks for bearing with me. I'd also love to see more objects in the official library and of course would love to contribute whatever I can. As far as the "early return" (in say, Function Shaper), would...
  7. M

For the past few months, I've been working on some new Teensy audio objects and posting them on GitHub. It's been a bit of an exercise to learn C++ and a way to fill in some missing functions that I've needed when building my DIY synths. I'm excited to share them, although I should say I'm not a...
  8. M

MAX11300 ADC DAC and Teensy

I've been looking into ways to output multiple CVs and the MAX11300 looks amazing. Is there a way to use this chip with the Teensy Audio Library? I assume not, but figured I'd ask. I found this Eurorack project, which uses the chip with Teensy in a similar way that I'm planning, but not with...
  9. M

FAUST to Audio System Design Tool Object?!

You might just need to update the gui/index.html file (in the Audio library) to include the Faust objects you're using. Some info here. I haven't tried this with Faust btw but seems like it should work. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/54822-Create-Custom-Objects-in-Audio-System-Design-Tool...
  10. M

changing pitch of audio samples - TeensyVariablePlayback library

Love this library as well! I think you should be able to just do: playSdRaw1.stop(); But I could be misunderstanding.
  11. M

Yet Another File Player (and recorder)

Awesome job on all this so far! I'm working on an audio looper project and am currently using newdigate's awesome Teensy Variable Playback library, but would love the ability "play / record multiple files simultaneously" which I've found isn't possible with variable playback library. But your...
  12. M

definitive waveform sync/reset?

I've wanted this as well. Pretty sure there's not an official solution. I attempted to add sync and have attached my modified files. You can either use (for example) OSC_A.sync() in your sketch or patch in another audio object into input 2. This has worked for my project, but I'm sure someone...
  13. M

recording/playing back audio on multiple SD cards

Thanks @all - it's working! @wwatson's last tweak to the initialization of the Audio Adapter SD reader fixed it for me. Glad to see @h4yn0nnym0u5e's updates to the buffered player as well.
  14. M

Just tried this out. With @KurtE's edits to AudioPlaySdRaw, it compiled for me with no problems. But I had the same issue as @wwatson when I tried to play audio back from the Audio Adapter's SD reader (sd2). I just hear a click in my headphones and the LED blinks, but no playback.
  15. M

Wow, thanks all for the help! Last night I was struggling to adapt mjs513's original updates to AudioPlaySdRaw for my situation (using SdFs). I'll be able to test this new code tonight and report back.
  16. M

Any ideas on this? I took a look at play_sd_raw.cpp and it contains: rawfile = SD.open(filename); I assume that's why the above doesn't work, as I'm using instances called sd1 and sd2. But I don't know how to remedy that.
  17. M

Can't get flash memory to work (Winbond 25Q128JVSM)

I've soldered in a flash memory chip to my Teensy 4.1, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I run the "EraseEverything" sketch from the SerialFlash library, I get the error "Unable to access SPI Flash chip". I've reflowed the solder quite a few times so I think it's making a good connection...
  18. M

I've got a Teensy 4.1 with the Audio Adapter hooked up. I want to be able to address the SD card reader on the Teensy and the one on the Audio Adapter separately. I've modified the Recorder.ino code below to create instances for both SD readers. I can successfully write the audio (right now...
  19. M

Ornament & Crime by Max Stadler (mxmxmx) - replacing Teensy 3.2 w/Teensy 4.x

The squares-and-circles firmware for o_C works with (and requires) Teensy 4.0. It's awesome! https://github.com/eh2k/squares-and-circles I don't think the original or Hemisphere firmware works with 4.0 though.
  20. M

triggering an envelope from another audio object

Thanks for the reply! I’ve actually been busy doing just that. I think I have it working pretty well. I’ll post the code when I’ve tested it a bit more in case anyone else is interested.
  21. M

triggering an envelope from another audio object

I’ve got a Teensy Audio Library question. I often find that I want to trigger an envelope using the output of another audio object (a square wave oscillator, for example), rather than using noteOn() in my sketch. What would be the best way to go about this? I’ve tried using peak / rms to read...
  22. M

USB Audio Clicking Noise

Ha yep, I just need to be better at the "telling" part. :) So now that this issue is fixed for me, I’m wondering if I’m the only one that’s experiencing this? (Seems like it hasn’t been an issue for anyone since 2018, so maybe? But that does seem strange.) If not, how do we go about applying...
  23. M

USB Audio Clicking Noise

Ah geez, you're right. I made those changes and now it's working. I didn't even need to mess with the sample rate with setI2SFreq() or anything. I tried with the sine wave sketch and my more complicated project and no more clicks. Thank you so much for your help! Here's the modified...
  24. M

USB Audio Clicking Noise

Thanks for responding! I just tried adapting the newer usb_audio.cpp file with the FrankB patches, but am still getting the clicks. Instead of the Audiotiming library (which is missing from FrankB's Github), I tried using this function to change the sample rate to 44099.7 as Frank suggested, but...
  25. M

USB Audio Clicking Noise

I realize this is a really old thread, but I’m having this same “clicking” issue on a Teensy 4.0 and Teensyduino 1.56 (on Mac) when using USB Audio. It happens when running the simple sine wave sketches earlier in this thread. The clicking starts after like 1min 40sec. Audio sample below. From...
Back