Search results

1. Sandro

Is it possible multicore programming on T4.1?

Ooops!! Hope my post will be deleted! ;) Thank you!
  2. Sandro

Is it possible multicore programming on T4.1?

Hi all, after haveing successfuly tested multicore programming on a Raspberry Pi Pico, I wonder if Teensy T4.1 allows to separately address the cores; I didn't find even a mention about this topic either here nor on the internet. So, I just tried this "brute-force" experiment, with Arduino IDE...
  3. Sandro

MTP_Teensy example "mtp-logger.ino" compile error, on T4.1.

@WMXZ: ok. I updated Teensyduino, deleted previous MTP_t4, and installed the new version. Now with mtp-basic the SD is displayed with its real capacity and occupation: Thank you so much for perfect and super fast fix!!
  4. Sandro

Wow super! later I'll try. Thinking I have to update other tools and libraries also (Teensyduino and SD.h, at least).
  5. Sandro

Calculating transfer function

Mhhh ... Do you mean Z-transfer function maybe? If F(z) is the Z-transform of the input sequence, and G(z) the Z-transform of the output, S(z) = G(z)/F(z) should be an estimate of the transfer function of your system.
  6. Sandro

@WMXZ I'm using a 16GB Sandisk Ultra micro-SD card, formatted FAT32; this it the printout at startup:
  7. Sandro

So, MTP_basic.ino works perfectly, as far as I've checked. I only noticed that the free/used space is not shown: is this expected, either I did some mistake somehow?
  8. Sandro

@WMXZ I haven't found any description about mtp_logger.ino, so I don't know what to expect... Maybe it still runs correctly on my Teensy...
  9. Sandro

In my application, it is not fundamental that T1.4 appears on Explorer with a letter: it's enough the "Teensy device" label. MTP_basic.ino is perfect for me :)
  10. Sandro

Hi all, I apologize for this long delay; today I finally found time and room for testing your suggestions. @mjs513 and @KurtE: I tried the new mtp-logger.ino; I can build and upload the example on my T4.1. but it doesn't do what I expected, since the T4.1 (with an SD on it) doesn't appear as an...
  11. Sandro

Thank you @defragster and @WMXZ; as soon as possible I'll experiment both your suggestions
  12. Sandro

if I select MTP Disk I get this error: C:\Users\dell\Desktop\mtp-logger\mtp-logger.ino:57:1: error: 'MTPD' does not name a type 57 | MTPD mtpd(&storage); | ^~~~ C:\Users\dell\Desktop\mtp-logger\mtp-logger.ino: In function 'void storage_configure()'...
  13. Sandro

Hi all, I would try to make the SD card on T4.1 accessible as a mass storage from my Windows PC via USB connection; I manually installed MTP_Teensy. I use Arduino IDE 2.2.1 with Teensy tools (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_index.json) and Teensy library 1.58.1 installed. Than, trying...
  14. Sandro

TFT touchscreen ILI9341 + XPT2046, on Teensy 4.1

Thank you so much for this suggestion, I'll try the connection on the same SPI bus.
  15. Sandro

TFT touchscreen ILI9341 + XPT2046, on Teensy 4.1

Hi, in my application I use a T.41 + Audio Board Rev.D + W25Q512JV (flash memory) + n.2 ESP-PSRAM64H. The TFT display uses SPI1 pins (instead of SPI0, because there where issues on SPI0): and everything works perfecly. I have problems with the touch fuctionality; using the suggested pins: the...
  16. Sandro

What's the simplest way to make my teensy-synth able to store a few presets?

Here's a link to the tool: https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/EEPROMWriteAnything/ Also, if you will store not single variables but structures, I suggest you to use __attribute__((__packed__)) as descibed here: https://cs50.stackexchange.com/questions/22297/i-am-getting-an-unexpected-sizeof-error
  17. Sandro

Additional audio output for Teensy 4.1

Hi Mark sorry for my late reply; it's a really nice schematics, I'll try to realize it :)
  18. Sandro

PWM secondary audio output testing: all good!! :)
  19. Sandro

just for curiosity: if I don't mistake "normal" pwm pulses have a temporary fixed start point; we would prefer that the center of each pulse had a fixed position in time, so we modulate their phase to get a better distribution; but, doing this, don't we risk to overlap adiacent pulses?
  20. Sandro

Set up 1 instance, on a naked T41; sweeping a sinus tone from 20Hz to 15KHz I just notice an increase of distorsion above 2KHz (maybe due to the filter? I should at least compare with the Audio Board's output.. ) that anyway is absolutely not critical for my application; I upload some shots...
  21. Sandro

Now I just loaded AudioOutputNoiseShapedPWM, and set: begin (3) [ instead of begin(2) ] in order to use the existing connection to the output filter... It works fine! (sorry, but I always feel surprised when software runs correctly!)
  22. Sandro

I'm sorry that I ignore the use of this tool... But interesting that it includes a 1pin/hi-frequency PWM ... Maybe it could be used as "simple" PWM audio output?
  23. Sandro

Ok, found the mistake in code... It was simply due to a wrong Audioconnection. So, actually AudioOutputPWM works fine on T41 togheter with Audio Board and all other objects I'm using! Now, my last wish is to solve the mysterious issue that afflicts my output filter !! ;)
  24. Sandro

Yes, I'm working around it; as soon as I can I'll share the shortest code that suffers for the problem. Thank you so much again!
  25. Sandro

Hi MarkT, my waveform is very different; this is the test code: #include <Audio.h> AudioSynthWaveformSine Tone; AudioOutputPWM PWM; AudioConnection patchCord1(Tone, 0, PWM, 0); void setup() { AudioMemory(5); Tone.amplitude(1.0); Tone.frequency(1000); } void loop()...
  26. Sandro

Hi MarkT, I just replaced the resistors, now their values are the same of the schematics above.. But it doesn't change much: looks like only pin3 is significant, pin4 only adds noise... I also tried different couple of pins in output_pwm.cpp : void AudioOutputPWM::begin(void) { begin(5, 6); }...
  27. Sandro

Yes MarkT, the resistors I used had not the same values of the schematics, I neglected they are critical; I tried with the only MSB connected, as you suggested, and it works fine! Now I can route the audio stream both to Audio Shield and to PWM; tomorrow I'll swap the resistors with new ones...
  28. Sandro

Hi MarkT I tried the new object downloaded from https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/pull/432; I didn't modify the begin call: void AudioOutputPWM::begin(void) { begin(3, 4); } and connected pins 3, 4 from T41 to the raccomanded filter: than I uploaded a test sketch (Guitar.ino) with the...
  29. Sandro

Just read... Great news MarkT! Tomorrow I'll try the new PWM :)
  30. Sandro

Noway... I'm using SPI2 for n.2 PSRAM chips... Uff!! :/
  31. Sandro

I'm using SPI0 for Flash chip (not the SD card) but I assume the issue is the same... So, actually I have: - Flash chip on SPI0 - SPI Display on SPI1 (both cannot share the same SPI bus, because flash memory reading performance degrades too much).. Maybe I could move the Flash chip to SPI2..
  32. Sandro

More dubts: SPI0 is used as kind of PWM by MQS, so should be incompatible with any other device on it..
  33. Sandro

Thank you Paul for replying; I read about MQS, my dubt is about the possible "overload" of the SPI0 bus (used by MSQ, if I don't mistake) that will be shared with a Flash memory chip (intensively used both for write and read)... ok, it's only a dubt .. I have no idea of the amount of time the...
  34. Sandro

Dear Audio Library developers, actually AudioOutputPWM does not support Teensy 4.1: is there any chance for this feature? I'm using a T41 @600MHz + Audio Board for the main audio in/out, but I also need an additional audio output (even mono, even 8-10 bit should be fine) compatible with the...
  35. Sandro

XPT2046 touchscreen problem

Hi all, I'm trying to get a 2.8TFT SPI 240x320 touch display working with T41, SPI1. If I use this code: #include <XPT2046_Touchscreen.h> #include <SPI.h> // T_CLK --> 27 #define CS_PIN 35 // T_CS // T_DIN --> 26 // T_DO --> 39 #define TIRQ_PIN 33 // T_IRQ XPT2046_Touchscreen...
  36. Sandro

SerialFlash: can erase command have lower precedence than write?

Maybe I found the answer : noway (at least with my Winbond chip)... 1) On the datasheet of the flash chip W25Q512 it is repeatedly written that Erase operation disables both read and write operations... This explains why write process is interrrupted. 2) Since SerialFlash allows reading even...
  37. Sandro

SerialFlash: can erase command have lower precedence than write?

Hi all, reading SerialFlash official description I undestand that I can read the flash chip while erasing a (createErasable) file without any interruption; but (anyone know if) is there any possibility to write a file without interruption while erasing another file? This should be a very...
  38. Sandro

Winbond W25Q512 Flash support

I did some tests, using the following setups: a) T41@600MHz + W25Q256FVFG b) T41@600MHz + W25Q512JVFM Both setup run the same code, an audio application reading a bunch of contiguous audio-samples (2 bytes each), with many operations for each reading. Both Winbond chips contain the same file...
  39. Sandro

Checking again... SerialFlashChip.cpp does not need any change for W25Q512. Just to correct the first post of this thread, using 25Q512JVFM the ID is: id[0]:239 id[1]:112 id[2]:32 (not "56" that I had read with a wrong connection..)
  40. Sandro

Hi mjs512, I just forked SerialFlashChip.cpp with few additional lines which allow to recognize the W25Q512 and set the correct capacity value (64MB). Next days I'll check (and share here) the read/write performance of the chip compared to the W25Q256 (that I was using before this one). Thank you!
  41. Sandro

Problem solved.. W25Q512 is perfectly working with SerialFlash without any change.. my fault, there was an error in a connection...
  42. Sandro

Hi mjs513, thank you for your suggestions; I didn't change the original Write Enable command: CSASSERT(); SPIPORT.transfer(0x06); CSRELEASE(); I compared the W25Q256 (which is supported by SerialFlash.h) and W25Q512 datasheets: the main commands and parameters seem identical..
  43. Sandro

Hi, yes I know but unfortunately littleFS is not fast enough for my application; so my desire is using SerialFlash and the "basic" file system. Basically there is a write error with this chip; reading its datasheet the instructions applied by SerialFlash apper correct... maybe there is something...
  44. Sandro

In SerialFlashDirectory.h, I noticed that check_signature() fails when attempts to write sig[0] = 0xFA96554C; adding some Serial.print the following SerialFlash.read(0, sig, 8) says that sig[0] is 0xFFFFFF4C... :confused:
  45. Sandro

Hi all, as long as I know the W25Q512 flash memory chip has not official support here. This 64MB chip responds with: id[0]:239 id[1]:112 id[2]:56 I sarted adding few lines to capacity(...) function, in SerialFlashChip.cpp: uint32_t SerialFlashChip::capacity(const uint8_t *id) { uint32_t...
  46. Sandro

Code compilation: what is "padding"?

The function examinated parses a bidimensional array: const char name[256][3] looking for one element (the last one). Using T4.1@600MHz and different combinations (as follows) the execution time changes almost negligibly: Function in FLASHMEM, const array in PROGMEM: 32 microseconds Function...
  47. Sandro

Thank you Kurt, now it's very clear. Also thank you for all these suggestions; I have some large const arrays, now all in PROGMEM, and a lot of not critical functions, that I've moved to FLASHMEM. Now: FLASH: code:298908, data:28076, headers:8884 free for files:7790596 RAM1...
  48. Sandro

Hi all, my application's code is growing and I'm very close to run out the RAM1 memory; this is the last report: Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1: FLASH: code:295492, data:28076, headers:8204 free for files:7794692 RAM1: variables:217792, code:292344, padding:2568 free for local...
  49. Sandro

LittleFS port to Teensy/SPIFlash

Sorry... I got confused... The issue is that a single SerialFlash-file can be deleted only by deleting all the flash chip.
  50. Sandro

LittleFS port to Teensy/SPIFlash

@Paul, @defragster: going back to the origin of my tests around LittleFS is the fact that a SerialFlash-file can be written only once, as @Paul wrote on Github: Several limitations apply to writing. Only previously unwritten portions of the file may be written. File sizes can never change...
Back