Search results

1. K

Senior Design Project Feasibility

@maxipad640: I would admit that, yes, you could probably bit-bang I2C & SPI interfaces as part of your senior design project. However, doing so would require a great deal of in-depth detailed hardware knowledge & very likely, many hours spent poring over hardware manuals underlying the Teensy...
  2. K

Error Compiling Micro Ros Library and a Plain Code

See <this> page for instructions on how to install TeensyDuino into version 2.3.x of the Arduino IDE. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  3. K

FlexCAN_T4 buffer size increase so I can receive all messages

It will be much easier to troubleshoot and/or assist if you post your entire sketch. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  4. K

mixing midi devices and hid devices in usbhost mode...

I didn't take an in-depth look at your complete sketches, but I did notice that your second sketch does not seem to include the following two lines from the first sketch to define the rawHID controllers: RawHIDController rawhid1(myusb); RawHIDController rawhid2(myusb, 0xffc90004); It is also...
  5. K

teensy4.1 / dac8568 cs line crosstalk

Do you have pull-up resistors (for active-low CS) or pull-down resistors (for active-high CS) on the CS lines ?? Mark J Culross
  6. K

Teensy 4.1 Software Reset Code

The following line while (!Serial) delay(10); will cause your program to wait forever until a serial monitor is connected...remove and/or comment out that line. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  7. K

Teensy 4.1 Software Reset Code

<This> thread should have the details that you are looking for, particularly in post #3 . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  8. K

Teensy 4.2, 4-channel audio project

Take a look at <this> thread. Also, take a look at <this> reference, particularly the description on the right-hand side of the Audio Design Tool for some additional info. Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  9. K

[RESOLVED] Multiple MIDI devices must be defined to support connectivity thru a USB hub on T4 USBhost

[RESOLVED] So, it turns out that I was attempting to call the begin() function on each of the MIDIDevice_BigBuffer devices. This is actually incorrect. Rather, the begin() function should only be called on the single USBhost device. Here's a fully working test sketch that supports two...
  10. K

[RESOLVED] Multiple MIDI devices must be defined to support connectivity thru a USB hub on T4 USBhost

UPDATE: Using the sketch in P#5 with nothing commented out (unlike what is reported in P#5), everything actually runs fine, as long as the USB hub is not connected. As soon as the USB hub is connected to the T4.1's USBhost interface (the USB hub doesn't even have to have anything connected to...
  11. K

@PaulStoffregen: Thanks again for your quick replies. I have pared everything back to the simplest sketch that I can create. So, with two MIDIDevice_BigBuffer devices, if I call the begin() function on both devices, everything appears to hang (no Serial Monitor output from loop() & I have to...
  12. K

@PaulStoffregen: More than likely, I missed something & this is a case of a misunderstanding on my part !! Would I need two USBhost devices, then two corresponding MIDIDevice_BigBuffer devices each associated with one of those USBhosts ?? Or would that be a single USBhost device (the USBhost...
  13. K

EDIT: This has been resolved. See P#7 for a detailed discussion of the solution, along with a fully working sketch that supports two MIDI devices connected thru a USB hub which is connected to the T4.1 USBhost interface. EDIT2: Changed the topic title to more accurately reflect my actual...
  14. K

Securely Storing Product Information (Serial, Product Details, etc)

From the Arduino IDE (I use version 1.8.19), click on Tools > Teensy 4 Security. Clicking the "Fuse Write Sketch" loads a new IDE windows with the "FuseWrite" sketch. Building, loading, and running this sketch actually locks the T4. After the appropriate locations are written to install the...
  15. K

Requesting coding help....X-Plane flight sim

How do you have your pushbuttons wired (using the information that you posted, one side of each switch should be connected to Pin 1, and the other side of each switch should be connected to GROUND) ?? With the sketch that you posted (BTW, it makes things much easier to read if you enclose your...
  16. K

[queued] TriantaduoWS2811, a 32-channel WS* library for Teensy 4.0 using FlexIO & DMA

I have not studied the picture of your wiring in detail, but as a general suggestion (based upon the comment on the github site that you referenced: in the "Electrical Elements" section of the "Top Level Design": "This means that good layout practices are a must for the three high-speed, timing...
  17. K

[queued] TriantaduoWS2811, a 32-channel WS* library for Teensy 4.0 using FlexIO & DMA

- which example did you find ?? - can you post the sourcecode for the sketch that you are using ?? - can you post pictures of your hardware ?? - which Teensy version are you using ?? - which build environment are you using ?? - which OS are you building under ?? Without these kinds of details...
  18. K

Changing the volume pin

@SteveSFX: There is nothing to change in the audio library. In order to do what you are asking, everything can actually be simply controlled from your user sketch. See the Teensy Example (which can be accessed from the Arduino IDE) titled "Part_1_05_Do_More_While_Playing". This simple example...
  19. K

RESOLVED - T4.1 using Bounce2, boolean operators not working as expected.

@MarkT: Did you intend for the code to be as follows (appears to have a simple cut/paste duplication): void processButtons(){ btnLeft.update(); btnRight.update(); btnSelect.update(); if ((btnLeft.pressed()){ pIndex = mIndex; mIndex -= 1; } if ((btnRight.pressed()){ //...
  20. K

Converting Mono Synth To Poly on Teensy 4.1 with Audio Shield Rev D

@Timothy Jones: You might find some useful suggestions in <this> thread. Please feel free to ask any other questions if/as needed. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  21. K

Need advice on PCB manufacturers

Just a follow-up on my earlier recommendation for using OshPark. I recently ordered three more copies of my TeensyMIDIPolySynth (TMPS). Following that order, I received an e-mail from OshPark indicating that the panel containing my boards had suffered a manufacturing process error. As a...
  22. K

Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive

Murphy (known in the US for the "If anything can go wrong, it will" sentiment) joined the party !! Before adding your wires back, can you see if the Teensy is recognized when plugged into your PC. If not, unplug it & try holding down the program button as you plug it in to see if it acts any...
  23. K

Thanks for the pictures. Agreed on the very tiny pads !! Unfortunately, the hot glue appears to be causing too much blurring to be able to clearly see where the fault might be. Any chance that you have a heat gun that you could use to melt away the hot glue for clearer viewing ?? It may turn...
  24. K

If you post pictures of the unit that was damaged, maybe a cause could be determined, & potentially a solution identified. Others have caused similar problems in soldering, but were able to revive their damaged Teensy after removing solder balls, opening solder bridges, & touching up bad...
  25. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Released

@PaulStoffregen: Should Print memory info on Arduino IDE 2.x.x normal color, not red be removed from the release notes . . . wasn't that put in, then backed out after the fact ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  26. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Released

Downloaded & installed TD 1.59 into Arduino IDE 1.8.19 (download failed first time...Microsoft Win11pro strikes again...but succeeded 2nd time) & Arduino IDE 2.3.0 (download/install succeeded). Tested both with several of my current (quite large) projects, all worked as expected. Mark J...
  27. K

Issues with USB hub IC

Can't tell for sure if this is what you are asking for, but <this> post describes how I have my TeensyMIDIPolySynth sketch setup to allow me to connect a USB hub to the USBhost interface on the T4.1. Hope this helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  28. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

After some more analysis, this problem also seems to be the result of a "partial/incomplete" download on my Win11pro laptop. When I start the Arduino IDE 2.3.0, I see a pop-up status window indicating that the "https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_159b6_index.json" is being downloaded...
  29. K

Have you tried the T.4x factory reset (description can be found <here>) ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  30. K

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

The following suggestion is certainly not the same as directly generating HDMI signals from the Teensy. However, acknowledging that some potential resolution may be lost, what about generating VGA signals (IIRC, already been done) & using one of the commonly available VGA-to-HDMI adapters for...
  31. K

Tennsy 4.0 and TFT 3.5 INCH

Do you have the BL (backlight...may also be labeled LED) pin tied to either 3.3VDC or 5VDC ?? Pictures of your hookups could be helpful for assisted troubleshooting. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  32. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

@wwatson: Thanks for your observations. It looks like my laptop is behaving differently. I don't have the CTRL-ALT-S shortcut defined as anything in Windows, so that keystroke combo is actually being processed by the Arduino IDE. In my case, it does not matter whether I use the CTRL-ALT-S...
  33. K

Tennsy 4.0 and TFT 3.5 INCH

Note that this report (pertinent line in RED above) does not agree with your most recent post: It appears like DC/RS & RESET are swapped. Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  34. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I don't know if this is anything to worry about at this late date, but Arduino IDE 2.3.0 (along with TD 0.59.6, running under Windows 11pro, but I don't think either of these are pertinent) reports a build failure when initiating CTRL-ALT-S (I'm not at my computer, but I believe it's called Save...
  35. K

Overflowing RAM

As a quick test, you could also try the "Smallest Code" optimization. This allows my TeensyMIDIPolySynth project to fit within the available RAM1 on the T4.0 that I am using as the audio processor. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  36. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Looking at my post #45 above, you'll notice that I also got the "Unexpected EOF" on an attempted install of 1.58.1, which had certainly succeeded a number of times before. Additionally, two of the subsequent attempted installs of 0.59.6 failed with different file sizes (each incomplete). With...
  37. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

So, maybe their download mechanism is not really verifying the checksum ?? Or not handling an invalid checksum correctly ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  38. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

OK, as another test, I downloaded multiple times, each with the following resulting properties: Install 0.59.6 over 1.58.1: Result: Unexpected EOF Install 0.59.6 over 1.58.1: Result: SUCCESS !! Install 1.58.1 over 0.59.6: Result: Unexpected EOF (on 1.58.1 !!) Install 1.58.1 over 0.59.6...
  39. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

@PaulStoffregen: We are currently camping at Lake Kissimmee State Park in Florida, so internet is probably not quite at the usual level of service that we have at home. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  40. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Paul: I can get the "Unexpected EOF" to happen quite regularly. Here's how it's happening for me: 0) Arduino IDE 2.3.0 on Windows 11pro, with TD 1.58.1 installed (also have separately installed Arduino IDE 1.8.19 + TD 1.59b6) 1) Open Boards Manager & select 0.59.6 (shows TD 1.58.1 as...
  41. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

@PaulStoffregen: OK, I have another data point in the saga of "Unexpected EOF" when installing TD 0.59.6 on a new Arduino IDE 2.x.x installation. As a recap, my earlier experiences were reported with a brand new installation of Windows 10pro on a brand new PC & SSD, followed by a brand new...
  42. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

@PaulStoffregen: OK, thanks. I forgot about the "will only look for key.pem in the 1.8.x sketchbook folder" aspect. I'm certain making that adjustment will make everything work as expected. I'm very much a creature of habit, so I'll probably just stick with Arduino IDE 1.8.19 for now, as my...
  43. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

OK, I finally got back to this (time was otherwise consumed with rebuilding a PC for my neighbor, after he experienced a fatal Windows crash & his computer subsequently refused to boot . . . boy am I spoiled by my previous (work) experience with the ability within linux to "fix" itself, very...
  44. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Thanks !! Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  45. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

@PaulStoffregen: Thanks !! I don't really have much time invested in this so far (& I'm also retired, so I have plenty of time to spare !!), so I am open to experimentation, if it will help with the troubleshooting. I can try removing everything & see if I can reproduce the same behavior with...
  46. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I'm on a brand new WIN10pro installation + I'm trying IDE 2.2.1 for the very first time (glutton for punishment), so this is a brand new installation of that as well. I have added the https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_159b6_index.json URL to File > Preferences, and selected 0.59.6 from...
  47. K

Headphone vs Lineout - and grounding issue and change to touchRead()

@Davidelvig: Based upon my experience with my TeensyMIDIPolySynth (which makes use of the T4.x + Teensy Audio Adapter), plugging an external device without a ground reference (battery-powered amplified speaker, etc.) into the headphone jack works OK. However, any external device with an actual...
  48. K

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

@PaulStoffregen: Thanks for the explanation...makes complete sense. No change needed. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
  49. K

Memory Usage for T4.1

When asking for help, it is usually very beneficial to post your entire sketch to allow those attempting to help to be able to reproduce the problem being addressed. Without this, it is nearly impossible to provide anything of any value that is anything other than an outright guess. In this...
  50. K

Reading the I2C data from this IC

Don't know what TFT and/or what touchscreen you might have, but rather than having to go down the "roll-your-own" path for the touch processing, you might consider adding a touchscreen overlay on your display which has a built-in controller (such as <this> one, which is the capacitive...
Back