Search results

1. T

Power problems with T4

I just did some testing and my S355 buck converter seems to be the issue. When the power switch is off, the converter outputs precisely 5 volts. But when switched on, the converter periodically makes a slight humming sound and the voltage drops down to around 3 volts. What could be the problem?
  2. T

Power problems with T4

Thanks. I will try them out.
  3. T

Power problems with T4

In my smart guitar project, I'm having some power problems with my T4, audio shield, and 0.96'' ST7735. Everything works fine when I supply power through USB, but if I supply power through a 9v battery and a 5v buck converter, the screen goes black and the audio plays a loud and constant tone...
  4. T

How does waveshaper actually work?

I am not completely sure what the -1 and 1 represent. Are they the lowest and highest frequencies of the sample? If so, how can I derive an array of values that would change the sound to my intentions?
  5. T

Calculating transfer function

I am quite new to audio so I am confused. Let me provide some more context. I am basically trying to generate a list for Waveshaper from an audio file of a predefined sine wave running through different guitar pedals. I'm not too sure how the 'mapping' of -1.0 to 1.0 works either, but I know I...
  6. T

Calculating transfer function

If I had two waveforms as audio signals, how do I calculate their transfer function? If getting an actual mathematical function is hard, a list of 100 or so values of the function would be fine too.
  7. T

How does waveshaper actually work?

If the array maps to -1.0 and 1.0, it only contains half of the wave pattern. What happens to the other half? Does it just mirror the array? If so, is it impossible to asymmetrically shape a sound input? Also, are the -1.0 and 1.0 values absolute or is it just a representation of the lowest and...
  8. T

How do I introduce real-time soft and hard clipping to an audio input?

I am using Teensy 4.0 and Audio Shield. I am trying to create overdrive and distortion effects and I'm guessing I could use the waveshaper and envelope, but I just don't know how. I would also like to be able to generate the array used in waveshaper with varying drive values, and possibly use...
  9. T

Need help with flange effect

I am using a teensy 4.0 with the audio shield. I want to make a guitar pedal-like flanger effect, but I have no idea what the descriptions mean. Can you explain what each parameter represents? Also, what exactly is AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES? And why do people use the multiple of it for delay line?
  10. T

Soft/Hard clipping live guitar input with waveshaper

Thanks. That helped a lot. float ODShape[9] = {-1.0, -0.9, -0.7, -0.4, 0.0, 0.42, 0.75, 0.95, 1.0}; float DSShape[9] = {-0.9, -1.0, -0.9, -0.5, 0.0, 0.53, 0.95, 1.0, 0.94}; float FZShape[9] = {-1.0, -1.0, -1.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0}; This was the closest I could get to the actual...
  11. T

I tried lots of different arrays after seeing your reply, and I at one point I got something that actually sounded sort of like a tube amp with overdrive pedals. But that was pretty much based on luck. I'm having a hard time understanding the whole "map to" part. So I drew a simple sine graph...
  12. T

First of all, this is my first time using waveshaper. So basically I am trying to make a digital distortion/overdrive pedal using teensy4.0 and audio shield. I've read the description of waveshaper multiple times, did a ton of research, tried messing around with the example codes, posted a few...
  13. T

Drive based effects with teensy audio

Hi, I am trying to make a multi effector thing for my guitar, and I can't get the drive effects figured out. By 'drive effects' I mean overdrive, distortion, and fuzz. Is there any way I can use the waveshape component to emulate the clipped sound? I know it's possible because it literally says...
  14. T

Guitar Effector with teensy audio

Yeah. I thought about the noise too. So what I was thinking was simply re-creating the waveform of an effector pedal. If you think about it, a distortion pedal simply cuts off the top and bottom of a soundwave, but the volume gets bigger. So if I calculate the third and fifth harmonic of the...
  15. T

Guitar Effector with teensy audio

So I'm trying to make a multi digital-effector thing with a teensy 4.0 and the audio shield. I figured out the repeating effects like delay, reverb, and chorus, but I can't get the drive effects to work. I'm guessing I should use the waveShaper, but I have no idea how it works. I will use that...
  16. T

Teensy 4.0 and ST7735 160x80 display - Changing SCL and SDA pins

I am building a project that uses Teensy 4.0, an ST7735 SPI display, and the audio shield. So first I am wondering if the scl and sda pins can overlap with the pins being used for audio shield. Right now I wired the display like this: gnd:gnd vcc:5v scl:13 sda:11 res:9 dc:5 cs:4 blk:none And...
  17. T

What is the correct way to wire st7735 tft display on teensy 4.0 with audio shield?

Because of overlapping, I can't use the default display pins. What are some alternative ways to connect both the st7735 display and the audio shield on teensy 4.0?
  18. T

How do I detect guitar notes on Teensy 4.0 with Audio Shield?

In my project, I need to make a tuner function. I did some research to see if I can detect the pitch or frequency from an input and it seems really complex and it's very confusing for me. Is there a simple way to find what the closest note is from the audio shield input?
  19. T

Saving file names from an SD card to an array (Teensy 4.0 and Audio Shield)

I am trying to get the names of all the files in an SD card and save them to an array. Originally, I planned to use vector, but then I found out that stl was removed in Arduino. So I wrote some code: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h>...
  20. T

Getting the number of files in an SD card - Teensy 4.0 and Audio Shield

Thanks now it works. I wonder why it did that. Maybe it had a problem adding string and int together
  21. T

It did behave differently. Now it does count up to 4, but the final output is still weird. On my original question, I forgot to attach a photo but this is what I meant
  22. T

I am trying to get the number of files in an SD card using the SD.h library. I am using Teensy 4.0 and the Audio Shield. There are 4 .wav files in my 16GB SD card but for some reason, the output(which shows the number each time it goes through one file and shows the final number at the end)...
  23. T

Need help with audio library and effects

I am making a project using teensy 4.0 and the audio shield that adds effects to audio from is2 input and output it right away to is2 out. I will be using only bitcrusher, chorus, and delay. I made a menu screen with LCD and I want to make it so that you can select one or more effects from that...
Back