Search results

1. 0

Is there a logarithmic function for FFT bin selection for any given # of bands?

Sure, totally agree! I did not confront the logarithmic bandwidth generated by the code, but: 1. the actual bandwidth, and 2. the center frequency of the bar-graph (center bin). I wish I had more math skills to try and make the point, or maybe I am totally wrong. But experimentation should shed...
  2. 0

To illustrate my previous post, in my excel calculations, if you wanted 1/3 octave bands, the bins would be: 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 8 10 13 16 20 25 32 40 51 64 81 102 128 162 203 256 323 407 1 1...
  3. 0

Thanks for the reply! I am not sure though if you are validating or correcting my comment (that "e" could be determined by the exact octave-fraction necessary to generate the number of bands desired). I understand the original problem of the thread, but I wasn't clear enough in my post. I...
  4. 0

This document explains how to calculate frequency bands LIMITS and CENTER FREQUENCIES. Looks like your "E" number is the ratio between any two consecutive CENTER or LIMIT frequencies. If you divide the spectrum in full-octave bands, E = 2 = (2^1 octave), and you get about 11 bands in the...
Back