Search results

1. D

EHEX has EOF twice in the file - Confuses FlasherX

That's nice to know, I didn't know that. Haven't used any locked Teensy for real world use yet. I just tested it and you are right, a "bricked" (locked) Teensy will in fact reappear and can successfully be flashed. This is very good! But for an unlocked Teensy it get's "bricked" if I upload...
  2. D

I guess we'll never truly know as this is secret stuff. I am just happy that FlasherX can use the EHEX when removing the last part. I use FlasherX for everything these days, it's so conveniant and safe to have the device update itself. Using the ordinary way, a bad USB cable can brick the device...
  3. D

Here's something interesting. I use FlasherX as mentioned before. I just did something dirty, I removed the second part of the EHEX EOF. Meaning, I removed the 200ish lines after the first EOF. And then had FlasherX use that EHEX to update my device. The device is of course encrypted with a...
  4. D

Thanks Paul for giving us an answer! :giggle:
  5. D

@PaulStoffregen, I would very much appreciate if you can reply to the questions that @joepasquariello wrote above. I suspect there may be NDA stuff prohibiting you from doing that, if that's the case then please let me know. Thanks! 🙏
  6. D

That explains it. I’ll have to talk to Joe about FlasherX supporting this. @joepasquariello
  7. D

I've compiled using PlatformIO. I noticed problems when using FlasherX that it wouldn't move the data. Turns out that EHEX has two EOF's for some strange reason. At the end we have the regular EOF but about 200 lines further up there is another EOF. This confuses FlasherX. Should it really be...
  8. D

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

Would be cool to see this on @Rezo 5" with 24bit and LCDIF. :cool:
  9. D

You’re a bit of a genius when it comes to graphics and display stuff. That’s much appreciated! Feels important to mention that. I would love HDMI output with audio, that would simply be amazing! I can only support you with hardware so that you don’t have to use your own wallet. That’s about...
  10. D

Let’s make both work? Sort of a library that can work both with FlexIO on the Micromod and the MIPI CSI. Or two seperate libraries :D
  11. D

Would be cool to hook up this thing, it should look crisp in the 24 but 5” that REZO is playing with :D https://www.arducam.com/product/b0242-arducam-imx477-hq-camera/
  12. D

MIPI CSI is for sure the way to go. And it’ll work nicely with the eLCD. Sure, it’s more work but it’ll give nice performance.
  13. D

these are just header pins, possibly with pass-through. There’s a ton of different ones out there. The only thing that’s important is ofc the spacing. Looks like 2.54mm. These are good examples, male and female. These are not passthrough tho. But those exist...
  14. D

@KurtE, I wish that Paul would make all this but he's not. Atleast that we know of. a Micromod board wont have all the pins exposed. I am trying to supply you and the others who got the gen4 with a gen5 so that all the development and testing you wanna do can be done. For example, @jmarsh wants...
  15. D

Make sure Rezo and KurtE has that in mind when making the pin-list. Everything they put on the list I will add. 😄
  16. D

I plan to do a gen5 with all our wishes fulfilled. The idea is that Rezo coordinates with KurtE about pins so we don't miss anything. Then he gives me a list. From that I will make it and send to all the original people that got the gen4.
  17. D

You will soon be able to have this yourself once the library is done. This is the whole goal with this thread and the SDRAM project. To combine SDRAM and eLCD to become happier humans haha. 😄
  18. D

Just so everyone understands. What Rezo is doing above, will in the end result in a library for anyone to use. I think it will add allot of value to the Teensy platform. SDRAM + eLCD = great success! ;) @Rezo and @jmarsh, good work! :D
  19. D

Interesting stuff. Loosing the audio is bad ofc, but there are scenarios where only video is required. In such cases it should be possible then.
  20. D

Interesting, seems like there's a hole in the market. Or there's simply not people wanting such solutions. In my head I'd love an IC or a board that does exactly that. Takes 8, 16, 24 bit lines and converts it to HDMI.
  21. D

I know it can't do it directly, some sort of middleman could work just fine. But it would still be interesting if the Teensy could do it. I'll have to do some research. @mjs513 did you get any decent performance?
  22. D

With all this cool stuff going on, could the Teensy output a HDMI signal and receive touch signals from a HDMI touch monitor?
  23. D

It would be super cool if you could film the display while moving the camera, to see how good the performance is. I like the fact that the camera thing seems to have become the next project in the thread. Keep going :cool: What is the global "standard" for high resolution/good cameras? And...
  24. D

We’ve tested a wide range and a narrow range. The results says that 10pF or 12pF is probably the best caps. That’s allot more knowledge then we had before the tests. Further testing is ideally tested by you Paul. My offer stands, there’s a board with your name on it. This way you get the...
  25. D

With the latest code: https://github.com/mjs513/SDRAM_t4/blob/main/examples/CapReadSDRAMTest/CapReadSDRAMTest.ino Testing 3 different capacitors to compare my results to the ones of @defragster. Either his new code is the reason to why I now get better results then before, or there are some...
  26. D

Concerning that you can’t get 10pF to run without fault like I do. It’s the same capacitor (you ordered the same parts right?) and the same board. For you 12pF works better and for me 10pF works better. Interesting!
  27. D

Pretty cool that it works tho. I actually have a USB PD curcuit for another project. It can do 5, 9, 12, 15, 20V. It negotiates with the other side. Would be cool to implement that on a gen5 dev board for USB HOST. It can also do up to 3A of current on all of the voltages above except for 20V...
  28. D

Did you try the 10pF? And if so, please show the cap on the board. I want to see if perhaps soldering is affecting it.
  29. D

So you got the USB Host stuff to work by removing the diode and supplying your own power to the board?
  30. D

Hot air gun and syringe with solder paste is the way to go.
  31. D

Test the 10pF like I’m running and see if you get the same results as me.
  32. D

I’ll try that tomorrow.
  33. D

Second pass below. The 10pF is the best one, maybe some tweaking such as for example 10.3 or 9.7 or something could improve it, I don't know. But I hope that Paul got his answers from these tests. Let me know if I should test something else. Second pass 10pF cap and sketch from post #731 Start...
  34. D

Finally a clean test. Running the sketch you attached in post #731. Result with 10pF cap: Start 57 test with 5 reads 227.37 MHz ... wait::#############............................................ Test result: 0 read errors (0.0000%) Extra info: ran for 125.52 seconds at 227 MHz Start 57...
  35. D

This is the result I get with the latest sketch you just pushed to Git. Board has the 10pF cap mounted. Seems like the sketch hangs on 254MHz, It sat like this for minutes. SDRAM testing PAUSED w/Restart Pin 16 HIGH : Will run when pin 16 goes low. Start 57 test with 5 reads 227.37 MHz ...
  36. D

Testing now!
  37. D

To be honest I can't get it to run properly. Maybe I need to reset the entire board so it clears the EEPROM because now it wont reboot. It just runs one test. But when it did restart, it prints each test once done, but after reboot that gets cleared. So the data gets lost.
  38. D

This test is a little weird. I ran it at 254MHz and it restarted a bunch of times. It tested 254, then went down to 240 and then back to 254, I left it running and then some time later it was finished and this is the result: Start 57 test with 5 reads 288.00 MHz ... wait...
  39. D

Should I test it? And if so, should I run the 4 caps again that Paul said earlier? no cap, 4.7, 10, 15 ?
  40. D

CapReadSDRAM Gives this result with a 10pF cap. Test capacitor effect effect on SDRAM read timing margin SDRAM hardware initialized. This test takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Progress:: '#'=fixed pattern, '.'=PsuedoRand patterns, and 'f' or 'F' shows Failed test...
  41. D

In about 9 hours I will test it, that's when I'll be home. The 10pF cap is still on the board.
  42. D

I can test this in about 20 hours.
  43. D

I did use the corrected test code altho only for the 10pF and the results were not much different from the non-corrected test code. I can test more, just tell me what to test.
  44. D

Let me know if I should send all The caps so have to you. Not sure if it helps. I have the complete list Paul wrote of the caps. 10pcs of each.
  45. D

It is the latest code and library from Git. Tell me what to do next and I’ll do it.
  46. D

It's way above my league. I can only test and give you guys the results haha.
  47. D

More tests with the 10pF cap and the latest sketch, the results are very different each restart. Cap Value Speed Read fails 10 pF 240MHz 0 254.12MHz 449297 426547 395068 392256 417701
  48. D

Result at 254MHz with 10pF cap with the latest sketch: 514946 read errors With the old sketch before you posted, I ran a series of the same test. Gives very very different results. The last one is very bad, because I added a little more solder to each side of the cap. Things like that seem to...
  49. D

Throw me the latest code so I don't pick the wrong one. And I'll run it on the 10pF to confirm.
  50. D

Test performed with the following settings. 240MHz and 254MHz: I started by testing the 4 values you said @PaulStoffregen. I noticed that 10pF seemed to be the golden child. So I added more values above and below. And the end result speaks for itself. 10pF is the best, 12pF is also okay but...
Back