Search results

1. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

Agreed. I'll ditch the pulseEnable code and use the first code snippet for that while loop.
  2. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

I have it working now. Waited until I had a bidirectional shift register on hand so I could eliminate any hardware issue as the cause. UhClem, you were close. Was actually the while (busy == HIGH) loop that had a timing issue. This is a tight loop that toggles the enable pin to refresh the...
  3. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

Good points, the LiquidCrystalFast library isn't huge and is well commented and the init sequence is well documented by others. I did find another library that attempts to address the read back issue. Sparkfun's Mr.Roboto's LCD Library was modified for a user defined busycheck callback. The...
  4. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

I would love to know more. I have been unable to init my 40x4 lcd in write only mode. As far as I know, the 40x4 lcd is only supported by the LiquidCrystalFast library and requires the R/W pin used. Here all the inits from the library, the "8 pin connection (fast): 4x40 LCD, two HD44780...
  5. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

I wish that was true. The LCD is a 5V device, and the 40x4 version has two controller chips that require both write and reads on the data pins to initialize. At this point, I feel like I have the problem decently figured out. I just need confirmation from the IMXRT1060 Datasheet. I can't find...
  6. W

Teensy 3.5 DAC Reference Select

You can modify the core arduino files to enable this. The analog_reference_internal variable is not set again after init, so should be pretty safe. C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\ analog.c static uint8_t analog_reference_internal = 0; //set this to 1 to use...
  7. W

40x4 LCD on Teensy 4.1

I am having a rough time getting my 40x4 lcd to init on the teensy 4.1. I am using the 3.3 Volt resistor mod described on this help page: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_LiquidCrystal.html Works ok-ish using LiquidCrystal, but I can only init half the display. Works perfect on my 5V...
Back