Search results

1. J

Mixed voltage sources

Interesting, those off-brand IC shenanigans are kind of expected of aliexpress. What's more is that it looks more like a bad photoshop job, the perspective seems slightly off. Good chuckle.
  2. J

Mixed voltage sources

Thank you Paul, I suppose this is the type of IC MarkT had in mind. I guess these ICs fall under the blanket term (switched capacitor) "voltage converters", judging by how TI calls them on their product pages. The LMC7660 datasheet is looking promising, the example schematic plus your...
  3. J

Mixed voltage sources

The term you gave is not quite answering my question. I was asking for the name of the category these ICs belong to, not the general concept of generating negative voltages. All I could find was DIY charge pump circuits or linear voltage regulators, but not anything close to what MarkT was...
  4. J

Mixed voltage sources

Interesting, I wasn't aware of these pitfalls with op-amp ICs like the TL07X series. To be fair, I wasn't even aware that non-rail-to-rail op-amps exist, so thanks for bringing that up. I am aware that filtered PWM signals are inherently lagging behind change, but I have tested that even a 2...
  5. J

Mixed voltage sources

While you haven't directly addressed my main question, which is "is it okay to connect these two separate grounds", I think your method, if powered by the microcontroller, would make the question irrelevant. I have a bunch of TL074 quad op-amps around, so I would use one of them since it works...
  6. J

Mixed voltage sources

Hello everyone, I'm a software developer by trait, so I am a bit unsure about my current plans. I need to generate some control voltages and figured a 12 bit resolution PWM signal after some filtering should be a good basis. Now, the actual CV should be +/-4V, so some op-amp correction is...
Back