Search results

1. KurtE

Teensy 4.1 USB Host issues

Mouse objects depend on HID Parser objects. Have you tried the example sketches like: Mouse? Maybe try: #include "USBHost_t36.h" USBHost usb_host; MouseController mouse(usb_host); USBHIDParser hid1(myusb); USBHIDParser hid2(myusb); void setup() { Serial.begin(115200)...
  2. KurtE

Can arduino pro mini take ps/2 and uart input and convert them to usb?

Probably should be part of your other thread: You might look around the net for information on PS2... Like: https://karooza.net/how-to-interface-a-ps2-keyboard Looks like Paul has a library for decoding PS2 keyboards: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/PS2Keyboard Pretty old library, not sure...
  3. KurtE

How to wire keyboard controller board (four usb wires 5V, d+, d-, gnd) onto Teensy for usb input?

If you look at the T4.1 card, it is pretty easy to hook up both USB Host and USB Device. The Device pins duplicate what is in the USB connector that you connect up to your PC. So yes you can connect up the keyboard to the teensy using the host pins, and you can connect wires up to the Teensy...
  4. KurtE

Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1

Different reasoning for maybe why giga on Arduino forum 😉 https://forum.arduino.cc/t/lets-discuss-the-arduino-giga-vs-the-teensy-4-1/1209984/16?u=kurte @PaulStoffregen - hopefully they don't know something we don't know... :D
  5. KurtE

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

How do you have the backlight hooked up? Like what they show on product page https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.htm could up the ohm of resisto. Could hook that pin to io pin and control using pwm…
  6. KurtE

Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true

I will try to get back to trying it on this board. Sort of a PIA at times to hook up all of the wires in a secure enough way. So I much easier playing using the other boards. Did find using my camera shifter boards I did during the T4.1 stuff is coming in handy as it could plug into the...
  7. KurtE

🤔I have not seen the problem of using the 8MBtye SDRam on the GIGA for the camera to read into. But when I looked at their schematic their SDRam setup looks very different than what I believe you are doing on these dev boards. That is they are using 12 address pins and 16 data pins to talk...
  8. KurtE

Help with Teensy Loader

Not something I want to touch. if i were easy to do then maybe Paul would integrate it into teensyloadercli and then others could then migrate it into different apps like TyCommander
  9. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Released

Not sure if to post here and/or on Arduino. Ran into build today that died with: internal error in mingw32_gt_pch_use_address, at config/i386/host-mingw32.c:192: MapViewOfFileEx: Attempt to access invalid address. Had this before, ended up deleting the cached stuff in temp directory to...
  10. KurtE

Forget to ask/mention in previous post. When you said before each buffer write: not sure what you meant here. That is what "Before" if it was before your code updated the buffer to the new contents. then flushing before this would not help. if the Before was before the write to the device...
  11. KurtE

For what is worth, back in T4 beta cycle, I was running into issues with the caching getting in the way. Sometimes the cache flush and/or delete could help, other times a royal PIA... That is why I found it sort of amusing that we used the keyword DMAMEM for the upper memory, as in many ways...
  12. KurtE

Firmware.hex File

Sorry, I have no idea, Could be wrong, but I don't believe that these use boards made by PJRC. You might try asking up on some forum, geared toward the Ender 3d printers. Again good luck
  13. KurtE

Firmware.hex File

As this thread is almost 4 years old now, might help others to help you, if you described your setup: Are you running VS on a MAC? which versions of VS and type of MAC, OS, ... Which teensy are you trying to build for. Note: your post is the first in this thread that mentioned BIN, typically...
  14. KurtE

Decided to hold off on that for now... Did lay out quick and dirty semi-shield for the Sparkfun ATP board Slight downside is that two Teensy pnis are not available (22, 28), but... The only real components to solder in are the SDIO connector and resistor for backlight... Everything else is...
  15. KurtE

Magic numbers in usb_desc.c

Any time I start looking through things like, this, I end up first looking up at the USB in a Nutshell chapters https://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb5.shtml This describes many of the descriptor formats: For example the strings at the end: {0x0301, 0x0409, (const uint8_t...
  16. KurtE

Go for it. I believe we gave links to all of the cameras you can order from Arduino, like the 7675 https://store.arduino.cc/products/arducam-camera-module Which also shows the other 3... All you need to do is to hook up something like 16 jumper wires to the camera. And maybe 9 more for these...
  17. KurtE

Having a heck of a time getting a TFT w/ ST7735 to even compile

Keeping fingers crossed it works for you. As the tutorial you linked to shows (retired). I believe that library is no longer updated and probably had a really old version of Adafruit_gfx as part of it.
  18. KurtE

Having a heck of a time getting a TFT w/ ST7735 to even compile

Sorry, I am sort of lost on this one. Which example sketch are you using? If for example I try the graphicstest of the Adafruit ST7735 and ST7789 boards library, it compiles just fine for the Teensy 4.1
  19. KurtE

Teensy 3.6/4.1 USB Support for CCID USB Card Readers

As far as I can tell, the only real changes they made to their version is to add unicode support... My fork of it with LLA support does not have that, but works fine for me so far with my HLA, which works for me to filter the data down to what I typically look at.
  20. KurtE

Need advice on PCB manufacturers

As mentioned before, for smaller boards, I use them. For larger boards I have used PCBWAY... For example with the board I am looking to maybe do. I modified it slightly this morning as I found the length of the board was something like 100.3mm. The board cost at OSHPARK is about $48 for 3...
  21. KurtE

Sorry different board. That was one I did for R8875/76... With the T4.1 and currently with storage chips with the other scocket...
  22. KurtE

Looks good. Wondering about any suggestions for partially assembling a board. I have done a couple with PCBWay which has worked out OK: But last time was about 2 years ago. With my current main MMOD test board: Where I had them do most of the SMD parts... If my notes are correct I think it...
  23. KurtE

Sounds good, I would suggest that you might make the changes and try it out. And then if appropriate create a Pull Request into core and see if/when Paul will pull it in. But still need the same stuff as we mentioned for DMA buffers aligned to 32 byte boundaries.
  24. KurtE

FWIW - I believe we should use the KISS strategy and in this case change as few system things as possible. That is with EXTMEM or others who may use the sm_malloc code, I would probably avoid making changes to the underlying sm_malloc. Especially for example with extmem_malloc, which if it...
  25. KurtE

Quick update on the MicroMod board update, that I am not sure yet if I will order yet or not... I did not use the pass through pins for the camera, as, two rows implies you can not easily connect from either side with same object... But did enter one here for the ILI9341/9488 displays. For...
  26. KurtE

LIN bus 2.1, working example?

Sorry never used it... Have never sed LIN bus. I changed to allow a two step startup as per some other thread...
  27. KurtE

Thanks, the keyword, I was missing was pass through... Found some samtec ones at Digikey. :LOL: yep Note: 8 of them need to be contiguous for D0-7 and then two others for Pin clock and HSYNC I too, except - Except would be nice, to have some stuff actually work on Teensy boards. T4.1 has...
  28. KurtE

On the GIGA board they show it in the schematic like: So far did not find anything 21TW-247 They show the same on the GIGA Display shield. On their interactive display of the board, they show it as: I know I have seen similar type connections in single row headers on some board(s) made by...
  29. KurtE

I am sort of torn on a lot of this stuff. That is I like what you are trying to do. But I would be far more interested if for example Paul was building a Teensy 4.x with these features. Then I would be all in. For example should the camera be easily setup for FlexIO or CSI pins. Maybe...
  30. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I decided since I saw the Unexpected EOF on one of my board updates yesterday, to create an Arduino forum thread: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/arduino-2-3-0-unexpected-eof/1221459 As maybe there is an issue they need to be aware of.
  31. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Note: I believe I saw the unexpected EOF message earlier today as well, but it was on one of the Arduino board updates MBED something (3 different ones updated, don't remember which one). Note: I have also had a sketch open up Read only today and I could not edit it. But then I simply closed...
  32. KurtE

So far not much to film...Still trying to get things to work reasonably one frame at a time. As for moving it around to scan. I am having a hard enough time with something like 16 wires on the connected to the camera, going to Devboard, where I plugged in Male to Male pins so the jumper wire...
  33. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Maybe good day to release :D it as Arduino just released 2.3.0 As well as board updates for several boards.
  34. KurtE

Maybe. Not sure how to change or the like. That it is why, I prefer to do more Random testing like this. We often find issues, that were not uncovered using standard tests. I have not run into this yet... But have in the past. Also have in the past run into issues where one or more of the...
  35. KurtE

We are using the camera in RGB(565) mode, We have the camera outputting DMA from FlexIO (I think only using one shifter right now). The camera returns the 16 bits, in byte swapped order, so we have a quick loop to swap them: //byte swap for (int i = 0; i < numPixels; i++) pixels[i]...
  36. KurtE

Cannot compile with USBHost_t36.h [solved]

I only vaguely remember anything about this from EONs ago. There is a posting about this up on windows forum from 10+ years ago, that mentioned that it was old then...
  37. KurtE

Adding MTP to a Teensy 4.1 project (and 3.2) that is already SERIAL + MIDI

Sorry, I seldom use a MAC. My 12+ year old one is currently sitting in cabinet. But if I remember correctly, mostly used something with the name like: Android File Transfer app... I believe done by Android... I tried a few other things several years ago, There are some that you can purchase...
  38. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

ditto, but I still find ways to run out of time on things ... Are you using an Antivirus on your machine? If so which one. Have you scanned your disk for any possible issues? I had strange issues like this, a while ago on my old machine when the hard drive was starting to fail. I have not...
  39. KurtE

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Installed W11 running with pretty recent nightly build: 20240201 So far so good. Although also at times see some strange Arduino hiccups, like one sketch I opened, cam up Read-only mode, closed it, deleted some other junk out of the folder, re-opened it and not RO.. Now to muck with it, to...
  40. KurtE

MicroSD card detection Teensy 4.1 - SOLVED

Our SD class code has some code in it to help with the detection of media. If you look at section 26 of the reference manual, you will see that the DAT3 pin can be used as a card detection pin. The SD.begin() call if it fails to open properly it will set the SD_DAT3 to INPUT_PULLDOWN, And...
  41. KurtE

continued on the Arduino forum: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/giga-with-display-shield-and-ov7670/1219532?u=kurte
  42. KurtE

Just Wanted To Thank Paul For Building The Teensy 4.1

Congratulations on your successful test flight! Photos and Videos would be great!
  43. KurtE

Thanks, I was able to connect it up, and tried a few of the examples. Like, the one to read from camera and display on it... Which is working, I had to edit it for this camera slightly, but not bad for a few minutes. Currently the camera is only doing 320x240 and then it does some quick...
  44. KurtE

So I have a new distraction to try out on the GIGA board: Soon to plug it into the GIGA and see if it works at all. I have a few of the OV7670 cameras, that I can plug in, but the shield code mainly mentioned using the OV7675, so I have one sold by Arduino that should be here Monday. Playing...
  45. KurtE

Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO

Yep - which is what the NXP SDK does, although they do it with a << 1
  46. KurtE

xenForo Improvements

One feature I sort of miss from the old forum, was the ability to see who has read or visited the thread, and then the ability to hover your mouse over a name and see the last time a person visited the thread. As a side note: not sure of us "Senior Member+" means anything anymore other than we...
  47. KurtE

Forgot to mention: with this code: // TIMCTL, page 2933 // TRGSEL: Trigger Select .... // 4*N - Pin 2*N input // 4*N+1 - Shifter N status flag // 4*N+2 - Pin 2*N+1 input // 4*N+3 - Timer N trigger output // TRGPOL: 0 =...
  48. KurtE

I thought I would give a quick update. I am still working on having it use multiple shifters. But yesterday decided to go back to basics of using 1 shifter and figure out why it is not working. And finally I believe it is working with 1 :D. Turns out, a lot of the issue has to do with how we...
  49. KurtE

Teensy 4.1 SD.open failing to create files randomly

I wish there was a good complete answer for this. But currently it can be sort of messy, especially if you also do stuff on other platform boards, like boards made by Arduino, example: UNO R4 If you don't download SDFat using Library manager, (or install from Github a different version), then...
  50. KurtE

I know the feeling… a couple days before checking addresss
Back