Search results

1. F

ADXL - ADS1256 - Teensy 4.0 =>Python

Hi all, I collect data from adxl1005, use 24bit ads1256 30k SPS and send data via usb to PC - Python app and plot data. But there are huge spikes. Any suggestion where is problem? My code is: #include <SPI.h> // PIN assignements #define CS_PIN 21 #define DRDY_PIN 22 #define RST_PIN 8...
  2. F

Teensy to Anodrid

Hi, I have Teensy 4.0 on my PCB. I need use military Amphenol USB (on pictures is normal USB for testing) for connection so I made easy reduction from Teensy micro USB to female USB A. Now I want communicate with Teensy. If I connect it to PC it works well. If I connect it to Android mobile, it...
  3. F

PCB USB wiring

Hi, I have Teensy 4.0 with ADS1256 and USB filter to remove noise. I want put it on one board. Important for me is send data to PC via USB. Now I have connected cutted usb cable from teensy, connected to USB filter 5V, gnd, D+ and D-. It works well but does not look nice. My question is, If I...
  4. F

Teensy 4.0 + ADS256 - differential reading

Thank you Joe. I was thinking that differential reading will help lower noise. But seems it is the same as AIN0 and AINCOM. There is huge noise from USB to ADXL/ADS1256. I have some usb filter and it helps but it means more devices... But it seems there is no other way. This is if I connect...
  5. F

Teensy 4.0 external USB to panel

It is just for me. I am sending data via usb to Python. if (Serial.available() > 0) { inChar = Serial.read(); if (inChar == 'r') { // if received char r, send buffer 30k samples for(int i=0; i<BUFFER_SIZE; i++) { byte *b = (byte...
  6. F

But I am not sure where is difference. There are 4 wires 5V, GND, D+, D-. If I connect it from micro USB to USB A or USB B, it must work, or am I wrong? For me is better use "more starndard" USB, like cables for mobiles. Now I use micro USB connector with soldered wires to have smaller angle /...
  7. F

Hi, I have Teensy 4.0, it is project for measurement. I will print box on 3d printer. But micro sub to too weak for me. I need USB A female as connection to computer. I need do it as small as possible. Use this connectors and solder 4 wires? Or is better, more professional solution? Thanks
  8. F

just for information, this is my scheme, wiring Teensy 4.0 and ads1256. Adxl is connected to JP3 and 3V3.
  9. F

great, thank you so much for help. The code from last time works very well, only noise make difficulties. Let's see if differential reading will lower the noise.
  10. F

Yes, I have testing rig for vibrations - adxl is mounted on it. If is connected Vou to AIN0 and gnd to AINCOM, its OK (not differential with noise). But When I connect Vou to AIN0 and gnd to AIN1, I can see just sine wave 50Hz and is not changing. I do not understand why result is the same for...
  11. F

I tried today connect adxl VDD to 3.3V, Vou to AIN0 and gnd to AIN1. I changed code as above but I see just sine wave 50Hz. I am thinking if is it right wiring.? Is ADXL1005 eval board suitable for differential reading?
  12. F

Now ADXL is connected Vout to AIN0 and gnd to INCOM. For differential reading I will have connected gnd and Vout to AIN0 a AIN1. Or am I wrong and this line is not necessarry for differential reading?
  13. F

Hi, I have Teensy 4.0 and ADS1256 module. I read data from ADXL and send via USB to PC. But I have problem with lot of noise from USB. If I use USB isolator, it is OK. But I am thinking about otehr possibility - differential reading. But I am not sure if it will be useful. My code is: #include...
  14. F

Teensy 4.0 ADC

Hi all, Is teensy 4.0 suitable to collect data from accelerometer (adxl1005) with 60k or 30k sample rate, 12bit resolution? Very important is precise timing. Thank you for any advice.
  15. F

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

Is possible use D+ D- GND and 5v to send data? If yes, I can make special USB cable and use something like military connectors.
  16. F

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

How to connect it to teensy? Thank you
  17. F

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

Pins looks connected ok. "high speed serial connection with an industrial dust/water-proof 3-pin connector" What is it? I do not know this connection. Also I have to solve problems like lot of noise from USB cable. But if I use USB replicator, the noise is low.
  18. F

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

Yes, connector is all inserted (tried without box). Seems loose a lot. Tried many cables. I can move the connector left/right very easily and Teensy is connecting / disconnecting. Is there any way how to correct it? 1) Because this is project for mesuring at construction site, lot of dust, etc...
  19. F

Teensy 4.0 broken USB

Hi, I have Teensy 4.0 and project where I send data via USB cable to PC. But quite offten I hav problem, if I touch the cable or Teensy in plastic box, then Teensy is starting connecting and disconnecting and I have to move with micro usb connector many times to connect again. Do you have eny...
  20. F

USB - Teensy pins to raspberry GPIO

I forgot mention very important request - I am transferring 30k float values (0.5MB) under one second - I think this is a bit problematic.
  21. F

USB - Teensy pins to raspberry GPIO

Hey all, I have project where I collect data with Teensy 4.0 and send via USB cable to raspberry. Now i use normal USB cable. Is possible to connect USB via pins to raspberry GPIO? Speed and USB detection will be there same? "/dev/ttyACM0. The best solution for me will be to use one PCB where I...
  22. F

Data transfer to Python app

Distance max 4m. I need transfer the array, size 500kB in approx 1s. Connection to tablet or notebook with windows or linux = I am limited by wifi or bluetooth. I do not want another additional device on notebook/tablet. Data size and speed seems like super easy for nowdays, but I have no clue...
  23. F

Data transfer to Python app

Hey all, I have project based on Teensy 4.0, where I need send data wirelessly to my Python app. Now I read data via USB. This project will works on battery and need transfer as fast as possible (array of 30000 floats) What do you recommend me? Bluetooth, wifi, something else? Thanks for help...
  24. F

Teensy 4.0 and micro "PC"

Hey all, I have Teensy 4.0 with ADC 24bit. I am sending data via serial to Python. I have 7" TFT touch display to show FFT, etc. Now I use Raspberry but it is not so much comfortable for me about battery managment. I am thinking about Latte Panda V1 4/64GB with Windows. Do you have any...
  25. F

Bluetooth data transfer

Just for information - I tested USB isolator and the noise disappeared. https://www.laskakit.cz/usb-2-0-izolator/#relatedFiles
  26. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I measured low noise on my PC: And much higher nosie with my laptop and tablet: Now I am pretty sure it will be not possible to send my data via bluetooth so I have to solve the noise. ¨ As you mentioned, I will try RS485. Maybe those devices will help (It is in Czech but easy to...
  27. F

Bluetooth data transfer

What about this module? Maybe it can work. Up to 2Mbps. https://ai-thinker.eu/product/ai-thinker-nrf24l01-wireless-module-2-4-g-wireless-transceiver-communication-module-nf-01-s/
  28. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I am checking now my code for usb cable data transfer and try to modify for bluetooth. #define BUFFER_SIZE (300) float buf[BUFFER_SIZE]; char inChar; float num; float adc_volt; void setup() { Serial.begin(115200); Serial1.begin(115200); } void loop() { if (Serial1.available() >...
  29. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I use HC-05. It seems it there is higher baud rate possible (1382400 baud rate?) https://www.instructables.com/Modify-The-HC-05-Bluetooth-Module-Defaults-Using-A/ Floats are numbers from adxl accelerometer and 24 bit adc converter. I need maximum precision. Now I use serial communication via...
  30. F

Bluetooth data transfer

Teensy is waiting for char and then starts sending array via bluetooth. I fill array by some numbers and then I want send all array via bluetooth Serial1.write((char*)buf, sizeof(buf)); I can setup higher baudrate - I am sure, if I play for example mp3 via bluetooth there must be also lot...
  31. F

Bluetooth data transfer

Now I use this code and it works if I send data in loop. But not if I send data as array (buf): #define BUFFER_SIZE (30000) float buf[BUFFER_SIZE]; char inChar; float num; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); Serial1.begin(9600); } void loop() { if (Serial1.available() > 0) {...
  32. F

Bluetooth data transfer

OK, thanks! Now I have continue with my Python code to read bluetooth and decode binary data.
  33. F

Bluetooth data transfer

Yes, you are right, I want to send float values. If I use your code, I can see on my mobile just "971310a" With this code I can see floats on my mobile but seem quite slow. String data; #define BUFFER_SIZE (30000) String buf[BUFFER_SIZE]; int in_time; int out_time; void setup() {...
  34. F

Bluetooth data transfer

UPDATED code but same issue: String data; #define BUFFER_SIZE (100) String buf[BUFFER_SIZE]; void setup() { Serial1.begin(9600); for(int i=0; i<BUFFER_SIZE; i++) { buf[i] = "1"; } } void loop() { while(Serial1.available()) { char c = Serial1.read(); if...
  35. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I am testing this code: #include <SoftwareSerial.h> #define RX 0 #define TX 1 SoftwareSerial sserial = SoftwareSerial(RX, TX); String data; #define BUFFER_SIZE (100) String buf[BUFFER_SIZE]; void setup() { sserial.begin(9600); for(int i=0; i<BUFFER_SIZE; i++) { buf[i] = "1"...
  36. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I use Teensy 4.0. On the other side will be Python - but I am working on code now. So I am testing with mobile. I will use https://github.com/pybluez/pybluez
  37. F

Bluetooth data transfer

I am working with this basic code. For testing I am trying terminal on my mobile but I see only nonsense letters. Tomorrow I will have bluetooth adapter for my PC. #include <SoftwareSerial.h> SoftwareSerial mySerial(0, 1); // RX, TX float y = 0; #define BUFFER_SIZE (30000) float...
  38. F

Bluetooth data transfer

Hey, I want to send data (array of 30000 floats) to PC. Now I have it via USB. I found some examples with Serial.write but it seems too slow. What is important for me is to transfer data under 0.5 second. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks
  39. F

USB signal noise

If I undestand well (not sure) I have to add capacitor and resistor between power of ADS / ADXL and GND = Capacitor will be connected between 5V and GND. Is that correct?
  40. F

USB signal noise

But why is it ok with PC and not ok with notebook? Another grounding of USB in those devices? But: I will start to use my device without USB cable - could you recommend me how to send array of 30000 floats bus Bluetooth? And of course it will be powered by battery 3.7V with step up converter to...
  41. F

USB signal noise

If I connect signal generator to the connector instead ADXL the I have no noise.
  42. F

USB signal noise

I made simple pcb where is inserted Teensy 4.0 and ADS1256. Then I have wires to connector and to ADXL1005 eval board. ADS has 2.5V reference pin - I do not use it, I think it is somehov internaly (I hope). Anyway, If I connect it to the PC, it is ok. Then just reconnect usb to the laptop or...
  43. F

USB signal noise

Hi, I send data from adxl via ads1256 and teensy 4.0 to PC via USB. I have some issue about noise. If I connect it to PC I have OK noise. But if I connect to tablet or notebook, the noise is 10x higher. Same code, same wiring, same usb cable, same python app, very different noise. All powered...
  44. F

Data from Teensy 4.0 to Python via serial

OK, I will check. I am looking for any information but nothing what I need... Main question is: Is possible send 30000 float values from Teensy 4.0 via bluetooth in a short time? Will it be the same like via serial?
  45. F

Data from Teensy 4.0 to Python via serial

Hi, I try now to use bluetooth instead serial. Maybe you can help me because I have stucked. I have now very similar Teensy code: #include <SoftwareSerial.h> SoftwareSerial mySerial(0, 1); // RX, TX char inChar; void setup() { Serial.begin(38400); mySerial.begin(38400); } void loop() {...
  46. F

Teensy 4.1 + ADS1256

Hi, I am testing it with my app in Python. But I can see lot of noise: If I have connected signal generator, I have no problem with noise and no problem witth all range of frequencies from 0-15000Hz: If I connect ADXL1005 eval board I measure quite OK values from lower frequencies (a bit...
  47. F

Teensy 4.1 + ADS1256

But ActualSPS (30005) I need from Teensy, right? And tehre I have buffer 30000. I can not use 30005 in Python because I receive only 30k samples. Or I can add to array in Python 5 items with zero value...
  48. F

Teensy 4.1 + ADS1256

Removed mean - FFT seem ok: About frequency shift: "On T4.1, I get total time of 999825 us for 30000 samples. That means sample rate = 30000/0.999825 = 30005.25" Where I have to change sample rate to 30005.25? My FFT Python: yf = scipy.fftpack.fft(self.ydata5) xf =...
  49. F

Teensy 4.1 + ADS1256

50Hz time: FFT 50Hz: FFT 50Hz zoomed:
  50. F

Teensy 4.1 + ADS1256

Here is time wave for 12kHz: Zoomed: If I understand well, I have to calculate average value of all samples and then deduct this average from every sample, right?
Back