Search results

1. J

Teensy 4.0 Audio Shield; 344Hz buzz when using line-in

Thanks Pete, I'll experiment with changing the volume less frequently. What confuses me is how this buzzing is only happening when I use the line-in. When I switch to the mic-in it goes away. The volume change I'm enacting should only be affecting the headphone output level so it seems strange...
  2. J

Teensy 4.0 Audio Shield; 344Hz buzz when using line-in

Hi all, I have an odd problem regarding a strange 344Hz buzz which I'm hearing from the teensy audio shield. My setup is as follows: electret mic (biased w/ 3.3V and 4.7k resistor)-->100uF cap --> LM386 amplifier --> Audio Shield Line-in L The strange thing is that I only hear this buzzing...
  3. J

Audio Library Synth Generator to AudioRecordQueue, Teensy 4.0 w/ Audio Shield

It seems like some sort of bug with Serial.print(). If I only keep the Serial.print("loop \n"); line uncommented, the sketch will run like I expect ONLY if the serial monitor is open. When I close the serial monitor, the noise stops being outputted. This is really strange behavior.
  4. J

Pete, Wow, you're right. Thanks for looking into that. I did the same commenting out all the serial prints and now it works. I didn't think the serial prints would cause an issue like this. Do you have any ideas on why this is the case? -Josh
  5. J

Hi all, For a school project I'm working on, I need to be able to generate a waveform with the Teensy 4.0 and copy to AudioRecordQueue to do some manipulations of the array before outputting sound (white noise, sine, etc., it doesn't matter at this point what type). I've had success in the...
  6. J

Accessing 128 bit sample packets

Pete, I can't thank you enough! Being new to all this sometimes it's difficult to know where to begin looking. AudioRecordQueue and AudioPlayQueue will totally do the trick. Thanks!
  7. J

Accessing 128 bit sample packets

Hi all, I'm working on a university senior design team to implement an acoustic feedback cancellation device using the teensy4.0 and audio shield. At this point we'd like to use the CMSIS-DSP library, which has an easy to use normalized lms adaptive filter. We've successfully got our teensy...
  8. J

Matlab/Simulink Target

I'm working on a student team right now and would like to utilize the Teensy 4.0 for a DSP project and program the Teensy via Simulink Embedded Coder. Unfortunately I'm trying to follow Mathworks guidelines for how to implement a custom target and it's completely over my head. It looks like...
Back