Search results

1. S

W25Q128FV to an ESP32

Never mind. Literally every ESP32 SPIFFs library has some issue. Abandoned the project as life is too short :)
  2. S

W25Q128FV to an ESP32

Hi all Been playing with a W25Q128FV serial flash IC. I know they work with the Teensy. But when used with an ESP32, it just doesn't want to play ball. My question... Miso, Mosi and SCK are the default pins. Checked that and they are correct. CS is a pin I decide, and I have it held high...
  3. S

Teensy 4.1 and Rev D audio board - equaliser

Thanks for everyone's help. Decided to walk away from this one (which I rarely do). To implement I2S input to my ESP32, I needed to add a CS4344 module, and that in turn required an MCLK signal to be produced by the ESP32 on GPIO0. Something after an evening of Googling I have still not...
  4. S

I always pair up the 4.1 and the audio board for most of my projects. But, I have a pile of ESP32 S3 DevkitC-1 chips sitting here left over from a cancelled project. I was looking at a way of using them with my 'stash' of I2s stuff. I can output to the PCM5102A fine. That works well. Have...
  5. S

Well I have been playing and it's interesting. Obviously it all works fine with the Teensy 4.1. Thank you Paul Getting a weird clicking noise during playback if I output from and ESP32 to a PCM5102A I2S amp. Not sure what that is yet. Any ideas? I tried a 1k on the Din line, but no...
  6. S

So it's because there are several other audio libraries that also have Audio.h in their SRC files (The Teensy library, the ESP8266 library etc). Had to delete 5 other libraries to get this to compile. Why do they use the same names? It's infuriating. Could they have not called the elements...
  7. S

Without feeling like I am asking an inappropriate question in the Teensy forum :D My test code for the SGTL5000 works fine with the audio module + Teensy 4.1 as expected. With my testing to make it work with the ESP32-S3, not so much. I have to lead it to the path where the ESP32 audio...
  8. S

My reasoning for trying to find a DSP for the I2S signal outside the Teensy, is the PCB I am playing with/designing was to have the ability of being used on ESP32's as well. However, I am sure the hard work you put into developing the SGTL5000 audio card for the Teensy is WAY outside my...
  9. S

Just cannot get this PlatformIO thing to work...

I think it's my Anti-virus Paul. Just tried disabling it and it worked far faster. Have to suss out how to allow Arduino in my Anti-virus. I much prefer to stick with the Arduino IDE
  10. S

Just cannot get this PlatformIO thing to work...

I have followed tutorials and burnt the midnight oil.... Still, I have this baffling PlatformIO thing sitting in front of me that I just cannot get my head around. To say it's not 'noob' friendly is an understatement :rolleyes: I have had to move from the Arduino IDE (1.8.9 or the new one -...
  11. S

Thanks Paul. No harm in having a tinker! I was actually hoping to find an 'off the shelf' SPI or I2C controlled Equaliser IC. Searched Digikey for hours reading spec sheets. Found a few, but they were either horrifically basic and not really what I needed, or so damn complicated I would never...
  12. S

Thanks. I am currently breadboard out a circuit and then I will have play with that scenario
  13. S

Hi Just about to start an audio project using 4.1 + audio board. Can you implement an equaliser on the audio board? Never used it before. Had a play around with the configuration page. Not quite worked it out yet. I am thinking as in reading pots on the Analogue pins and converting that to...
  14. S

Power supplies for new PCB design

Hey all I have been designing various 'multi-use' PCBs for myself. One thing that seems to be a pain is the power supply. I keep designing them with the same basic spec. I use some kind of PCB mounted AC/DC enclosed PSU (such as from the list here)...
  15. S

3.3v supply to opto-isolator

Ah... that is a pain. Got an ESP32 here... wonder what the output current of those pins is. 40mA max by the looks. Maybe I should try that
  16. S

3.3v supply to opto-isolator

Hi all Having a few slight issues sending a signal to a 6n137 opto-isolator. I 'think' this is the issue anyway. I am using a 3.3v high signal to drive it and I don't think it is switching on properly. This same circuit (it is an assembled pcb) works fine at 5v, but I am having troubles with...
  17. S

Arduino IDE gone all screwy

Well deleting literally every file with the word Arduino in it appears to have worked. We are talking 6000+ files (after an uninstall). But, the IDE seems to be back to normal again. I understand that a lot of files might be third party (and therefore, not the IDE's fault), but the majority of...
  18. S

Well, binned all the files it would let me (except for ones that I obviously want to keep like CAD files etc named Arduino) There were a few it would not let me delete (system) Re-installed. Early signs are good. Lets see how it goes ArduinoPins.h file (or something along those lines) in...
  19. S

6.2GB - 61,000 files. That's what a search of 'arduino' on the the 'C' drive has brought up. Uninstalled my *rse
  20. S

You see THIS IS WHAT ANNOYS ME I uninstalled everything. Deleted the arduino folder in x86. Could find no other associated folders. Then I re-installed version 1.8.19 and it starts up with the file I last had open, and all the goddam libraries I had added in the preferences text file...
  21. S

Weird that it's worked fine for ages. Uninstalled all of it now.
  22. S

exec: "C:\\Users\\steve\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\teensy\\tools\\teensy-tools\\1.57.2/precompile_helper": file does not exist Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1. WTF
  23. S

The Teensy installer doesn't work, can't find lib/version.txt. But I have checked at that file is there. Is it because I am currently running IDE 1.8.18? It worked fine before. The IDE is screwed too, as it basically shows no ports at all for anything. Not re-installing that again...
  24. S

Running a monitor off a 4.1

Hi all I have a project that displays basic currency information on a 2x16 LCD screen. It has arisen that they would like to show that information on a standard LCD screen. Ideas? Not sure how you would even set that up. I would imagine displaying some kind of base graphic, and then...
  25. S

I have had lots of problems with the latest Arduino IDE. In fact, I find version 1.8.5 to be the most stable for my needs. Higher than that breaks quite a lot of my projects for various reasons. I just wish that uninstall meant... uninstall, not leave a pile of crap on the drive anyway. It's...
  26. S

I think the whole thing is a mess. I only re-installed the IDE a few weeks ago after it corrupted and messed up a whole pile of things. Tonight I went to edit my Teensy 3.2 project and realised the Teensy boards had not been added back in. I added them through the boards manager, which failed...
  27. S

What the hell is going on. OK. The apparently dead 3.2 didn't show up at all in Device manager. Another Teensy 3.2 however did. So I put the 'probably dead' Teensy 3.2 onto my cheapy backup laptop and all is fine. Appeared in Device manager and accepted Blink immediately. Plug it back in...
  28. S

I am so angry.... dead 3.2? Looks like it for no apparent reason. This project board worked fine for weeks and then I left it a while. Back to it tonight and dead. Just grabbed my last 3.2 from the workshop and that appears in the Device manager list, but this one doesn't. Yet, if I...
  29. S

Hi all Been programming my Teensy 3.2 fine. Today, it throws up: Previously selected Teensy port is offline. 1 other Teensy board found. Please select this Teensy from the Tools > Ports menu. But I have changed nothing. Updated the Teensy boards manager (it was the latest one...
  30. S

Optically isolated DMX issue

AAAHHHH.... That schematic is wrong. Pin 2 on the output is pin 3 on a DMX lead and vice-versa Swapped them around and now it works (with dmxTx.setRefreshRate set to 20)
  31. S

In that DMX circuit diagram, there is a 4k7 pullup on the exit of the opto-coupler. Is it possible that the output signal cannot overcome that pullup? I dropped the input resistor to a 100R (maybe that was too low?). I don't actually think the signal is passing through the opto-couplers
  32. S

Well, I have to admit defeat. I think this may be a timing issue or software related, as I have changed out all the components again, and tested again, and all seems fine. I have read the readme file for the TeensyDMX.h library, but it's as clear as mud if you don't know the concept of how it...
  33. S

Hmm. Doesn't show pin 7 of the opto isolators connected in the schematic or in the 6n137 datasheet. I have built this circuit before on an UNO and it worked. I could try it I suppose
  34. S

I dropped the opto isolator resistors to 82R (R4 and R6 - transmit and direction). DMX light randomly flashes occasionally. Something still screwy
  35. S

I have made this optically isolated DMX board. But, I want to use it with a Teensy 3.2 Doesn't appear to work, yet I have tested all the board and all seems to be operating correctly (Opto isolators etc). Would it be that the 3.3v outputs of the Teensy are not enough to drive the circuit...
  36. S

Issues with 4.1 and sound module

I converted the images to C and loaded it into Progmem Then I used the Adafruit GFX.h library's bitmap routine and that seems to work well. I used: const uint16_t Border [] PROGMEM = { 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x0000, blah blah }; Could I write this to the additional PSRAM flash...
  37. S

Thanks. I will look at that. This is supposed to convert images to C source code..... but of course, it doesn't work https://github.com/bitbank2/image_to_c
  38. S

These examples are great (such as the https://github.com/bitbank2/JPEGDEC), but they don't appear to show you how to get the images into the flash memory to start with. There always seems to be some critical piece of information missing foe us hobby level folk
  39. S

Wow. I have to say at this point I am baffled. Just adding a PSRAM chip to the smaller pads, as I think that will be enough. But I have literally found about 6 different ways of implementing LittleFS and I just don't really understand what the heck I am doing. I'll keep trying
  40. S

Thank you Paul. I will look into that asap and report back
  41. S

We always put the audio board on the Teensy. However in this instance, we didn't have the headroom. Pretty sure that isn't the issue, as we have the problem on several other projects where they are stacked. I am adding the extra flash chips to the Teensy 4.1 today. My plan, even though I...
  42. S

No it's not the SD library. Well, maybe it is in this case, but the screeching noise has been a constant on several much simpler projects. At first, we thought it was a power supply issue, but we ruled that out. This is the first project using images. All the previous 3.2 based projects were...
  43. S

It is a shame. I do like these modules, but we used them for several large installations on some commercial projects and had nothing but issues with them (those were all 3.2's + audio boards). I am not the main programmer in the company. The guy that does the coding is far better than me and...
  44. S

OK. Decided these Teensy Audio boards suck. Having so many problems with them that I just can't rely on them. This weird screeching issue is affecting a ew of our projects. Seems to be some issue with the comms to the SGTL5000 (Mclk?). Going to delete the audio board and use a 3rd party...
  45. S

Hmm. Not sure how to fix this. I always put a line in to make sure the sound file has finished playing (+ a slight delay), before it tries to retrieve an image from the SD card (where the sound files are also stored). Ideally, I would like to store the sound files and the image files (128x64...
  46. S

Hi all I'll dig out the code tonight, but I am having consistant issues on many projects with 3.2's and their associated Teensy sound boards and 4.1's and their sound boards. They randomly emit a horrific screeching noise and it renders the code useless. Nothing but a reset will fix it. My...
  47. S

Booster for Fastled

Could I simply put a single sacrificial RGB led in the actual controller box as the first led? Am I wrong in thinking that first WS2815 RGB strip individual driver chip will then output a 5v level signal onwards?
  48. S

Booster for Fastled

Hello all I have a Teensy 3.6 outputting Fastled data. Reasonably simple project. 12v RGB strip by the way. I need to extend the cable to the leds, and at 3m I am starting to get data issues. I believe it is because the 3.3v output is borderline for the strip IC to deal with. I would...
  49. S

DMX... Timing issue?

Putting this in fixes the issue.. dmxTx.setPacketSize(100); dmxTx.setRefreshRate(40); What the heck in means, who knows. I just don't understand why they bother to give you a text list of Keywords, and no explanation of what the hell they do. Not everyone knows this stuff.
  50. S

DMX... Timing issue?

Hmm I am starting to think this is something to do with the entire TeensyDMX library. We used DMXsimple on another project and it worked fine. But DMXsimple doesn't compile on a 4.1, it throws up an error
Back