Search results

1. A

Generic Breakout Terminal Block Board for Teensy Help?

I have a few Arduino Nano breakout board's in use. Handy, but they are high, not nice to put in low enclosure's. A Teensy specific with low height pins for the Teensy would be a bonus and maby with an extra qwirc/stemma connector for i²c.
  2. A

Triple USB faster than one on Teensy 4.1 with Linux host??

Store a stream on PC an test to find the worst case scenario.
  3. A

Triple USB faster than one on Teensy 4.1 with Linux host??

Have You thought about some fast compression? If both CPU's have room this could be very useful.
  4. A

Transfer to PC

If the transfer speed is the bottleneck, you could try a simple minimum compression like miniLZO on lowest settings.
  5. A

Transfer to PC

Thanks. A bit surprised that de transfer speed to the pc would be a problem. If I understand it correctly a measurement would be an array of about 1000-2000 values and I suspect that you would be lucky with a real 6-bit resolution. This could be done with the usb-keyboard interface. Keeping...
  6. A

Transfer to PC

Maybe rather stupid, but what's the important difference vs using a simple 7341 sensor for example from adafruit? I understand that the proposed one would be far more accurate, but is playing around with a 100mW laser still "safe for idiots that copy the design"...
  7. A

Seeking advice on data logger with exFAT/SDXC

Probably already known: Search and buy a good fast card. Those can make a big difference and the cost difference is probably not an issue.
  8. A

Switching a 2.2Kw 240V kettle element using a Teensy

For switching 10-40A at 230V AC that seems to me a very nice advantage. I suppose that's something to look up or is it so regular that almost all of them have it?
  9. A

Help building a single piezo drum pad

Maybe an alternative solution with the touch... https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58532-Bounce-responsiveRead-and-velocity-for-touchRead()?highlight=touch+drum
  10. A

advice about touchsensor setup

Thanks. I'm using the default 3x hardware and FastTouch. FastTouch needs some Mhz aka a faster clockspeed gives more info.
  11. A

Unfortunately no answers. Is this so exotic?
  12. A

detecting interrupt has happened?

I was thinking of ISR's that I haven't written. Adding a count myself is easy ;-) On the other hand I's read somewhere that an ISR (that does something) takes about 27 cycles, which makes detecting -for me in this application- rather easy.
  13. A

detecting interrupt has happened?

Hi Is there a way to detect that an interrupt has happened? Fasttouchread uses noInterrupts/interrupts, but can easily but run multiple times if an interrupt has occured. I can run it twice to see if an intterupt has happened in one of those two runs, but a flag or "interrupt counter" would...
  14. A

Has someone expirience? I know not enough of the hardware side of things. I founds some references to adding a 50 Ohm resistor as protection for touchpads...
  15. A

Button Press detector

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/tutorial3.html
  16. A

what's a reasonable maximum time for noInterrupts(); ?

Hi While using FastTouchRead there's a noInterrupts() period of about 12µsec on an Teensy LC, is this ok? I can lower it to about 6µsec for my application and probably even lower it to 3-4µsec. Alain
  17. A

Hi I'm using the touch sensor capacity of the teensy LC and also plan to use an adapted version of fasttouchRead for extra pins. I have some questions about pulling the touchpads to ground and a ground pad to ground. All sensors have a plastic foil over them, no direct bare touch. Teensy is...
  18. A

Bounce, responsiveRead and velocity for touchRead()

New version works like a charm. One remark. I use a custom touchRead that also does a pulldown after reading. I do a manual read off all the pins before the setThreshold() call's to get them "pulled down" before calculating the Threshold. Maybe just calling setThreshoold() twice is better...
  19. A

Teensy / Launchpad sequencer (update)

Nice, although I'm a music noob. Is the matrix keypad off the shelf or self made?
  20. A

Midi Foot Controller with Teensy LC

Ok thanks. i suppose that you're standing and have a good view to the pedals.
  21. A

Teensy 4.0 Capacitive Sensing alternative

Adrian 2 questions from reading the source code: a) on line 75 of FastTouch.cpp : #elif defined(__MKL26Z64__)|| defined(__IMXRT1052__) || defined(__IMXRT1062__) /* Teensy 3LC */ That seems to me the LC and 4.x (the last will never be selected because the first if statement. For a T3.6 the...
  22. A

Midi Foot Controller with Teensy LC

Nice 2 questions: Is the top panel a PCB? If yes is that robust as a foot pedal, same question about the four screw that you use to keep the top panel above the electronics? What's the use case? 10 foot pedals seems to me difficult to find and use by foot.
  23. A

how do I adjust touchRead current on Teensy 3.6?

I'm thinking if it's not better to use : pinMode(pin, INPUT_PULLDOWN); That will pull the not sensings pad's down also, but has a far lower starting current. First caclulation show that it would be just a few microseconds to pull them low... Not sure what would be best, any suggestions?
  24. A

T4 Pin Drive Strength

Adrian Have you done tests? Alain
  25. A

how do I adjust touchRead current on Teensy 3.6?

Hi I've found that reference manual gave a 404, I found a copy on mouser https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/813/K66P144M180SF5RMV2-1074869.pdf. I did some tests and found on a LC using TSI_GENCS_REFCHRG(6) | TSI_GENCS_EXTCHRG(6) and NSCAN 3 (aka reading 4 samples and averaging ) Gives...
  26. A

Not understanding touchRead

Dave The concept of the touchablePin library is nice. Also the fact that you set it to touched if half of a nr of samples are high. Nice noise reduction. Although I would to that on next "update" readings from the program.
  27. A

Why the delay in touchRead()?

I've seen that the library has not changed. Is there a problem with this method? aka using EOSF versus SCNIP
  28. A

A nice background document on designing touch sensors. https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1504633.pdf
  29. A

minimum protection teensy on underside enclosure

Hi To minimise height and service acces I would use an enclosure without bottom. To protect the Teensy (normally LC) against metal objects "a paperclip, a coin,...", what's the minimum recommended protection? Is a polyester film with a minimal thickness (0.01mm-0.1mm enough)? Alain
  30. A

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

Yes https://www.avira.com/en/analysis/submit?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=KB I do suspect that it's already done or that I overruled it ;-)
  31. A

Question on adapting Teensy to Adafruit Screw Shield

Hi 2 disadvanrtages with the nano screw terminal : - I've found that the ground pin from the nano is indeed a ground on the screw terminal --> pin not usable for the Teensy. - There's still 6mm "Teensy" above the screw terminals. Such a board with low pin headers would be a real plus...
  32. A

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

Just installing the beta on windows and teensy_size.exe is placed in quarantaine by my virus scanner (avira).
  33. A

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

Hi Do you have an idea of a timeframe to release? A suggestion if easy to do (and not disrupt other things): On windows give the installer a name with the version (including beta)
  34. A

That would be nice.
  35. A

I find it strange that the Teensy 4x would discharge 50x times faster than the Teensy 3x. Both are rated for 5mA , some Teensy 3x even for more.
  36. A

I'll play with it some time. And try some different sensor layout's (distance, adding ground traces between sensors etc...) Did I read the code correct that after detecting a falling edge the duration is placed at zero? So that it's a bit complicated to measure the "on" time? (same for rising...
  37. A

Hi Is there a reason for a fixed onThresHold/ offThreshold ratio? onThreshold = qval * 1.2; // Threshold for rising edge offThreshold = qval * 1.1; // Slightly lower for falling edge Depending on the front panel I find 20% a bit high.
  38. A

Some more information: FastTouch is better suited for fast CPU, aka running a teensy 4.1 at 24MHz is not the best choice.
  39. A

Making your own PCBS. The best way

Thanks for the extensive info. I have made some simple copper capacitive pads and will experiment with the fasttouch library.
  40. A

Hi Is there a reason that for the Teensy 4x there's a wait for delayMicroseconds(1); and for the Teensy 3x delayMicroseconds(50); after driving the pin down? Actually it would be better that the timing would depend on all the pins and thus the last pin that has been input. Another...
  41. A

Thanks. How did you make the membrane? BTW. Thanks to you're info: At first I will try to use copper foil pieces where I place it between 2 acrylic sheets and make the connections by drilling in the underside plate.
  42. A

A question Do the design tools like kicad have libraries for touch components? I mean inter-digit electrodes either for "simple" touch and for touch sliders? Those need a lot of traces close together ;-) A design guide to give examples...
  43. A

Why is F_CPU_ACTUAL still absent on Teensy 3.x?

To be clear: I was in the understanding that F_CPU_ACTUAL was part of an "official API", otherwise I wouldn't spend time on it. I'm not a fan (to say the least) to make variables public, even if const. I prefer helper functions. Unfortunately the arduino system is not always that "clean". I...
  44. A

Why is ARM_DWT_CYCCNT Cycle counternot running default on Teensy 3.x? Disadvantages?

I know it doens't run on LC, because absent in the CPU.
  45. A

Use of yield() in Teensy Cores and Libraries

I've cleaned up my delayMicrosecondsWithYield and added some extra testfunctions. Unfortunaly things like F_CPU_ACTUAL and ARM_DWT_CYCCNT are considered non public, so those are removed and only the original function for Teensy LC is left.. The following code was for the Teensy LC, but also...
  46. A

The fact that those variables or defines or functions are non public is of more concern. They could change with each release. Even worse, those are quite often used on the forum, without any warning. BTW. I prefer functions ;-) For highResolution timing, windows has 2 functions for it: bool...
  47. A

Running Teensy 4.0 (or 4.1 or 4 mm) at 48MHz

Thanks. I've done some tests and those seem to run ok. I was suspicious because it was absent.
  48. A

Paul Is there some way to see what "things" are public API and what NOT? Is there a public API way to read the actual CPU speed? I suppose that "ARM_DWT_CYCCNT Cycle counter" is also considered non public and the same question: is there a public API way to read it? I also think it's very...
  49. A

I know that the 3.x doesn't need one. But it makes programming for both harder and less easy to read. The easiest method is off course to use F_CPU also on T4.x.
  50. A

Why is ARM_DWT_CYCCNT Cycle counternot running default on Teensy 3.x? Disadvantages?

Hi Why is ARM_DWT_CYCCNT running default on Teensy 4.x and not on Teensy 3.x? Are there disadvantages on having the following code in setup by default? if ( ARM_DWT_CYCCNT == ARM_DWT_CYCCNT ) { // Enable CPU Cycle Counter ARM_DEMCR |= ARM_DEMCR_TRCENA; // enable debug/trace...
Back