Search results

1. wwatson

How to read/write a non filesystem USB storage drive on T4.1

@defragster - So basically you were saving the current contents of sector 10 to another buffer (sectorBufferPrior) before writing the first buffer filled with 0xaa to sector 10. Then you read the back the contents of sector 10 and did the hexdump. Finally you wrote the second buffer back to...
  2. wwatson

I have been accused of that before:) Good Luck...
  3. wwatson

Yes, The USB drive will have to be reformatted as stated. This is what you should see: Let's destroy any formatting on a USB thumb drive!!! Filling sector buffer with 0xaa Write 1 sector to the USB drive (512 bytes) Press any key to continue Clearing sector buffer to 0 Read that the same...
  4. wwatson

Here is an example of doing direct sector reads and writes to a USB thumb drive. It will destroy any file system on the drive!! #include <USBHost_t36.h> // Setup USBHost_t36 and as many HUB ports as needed. USBHost myusb; USBHub hub1(myusb); // Instances for one drive USBDrive...
  5. wwatson

Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1

I saw that as well :unsure:
  6. wwatson

Teensy 4.0 and mp3 and FrankB's audio library

Glad you found the problem😀
  7. wwatson

@WA2MZG - At one point I was having the same problem when I was adding the use of USB host drives. I started experimenting with different buffer sizes in the mp3 player code: #define MP3_SD_BUF_SIZE 2048 This is found in FrankB's "Arduino-Teensy-Codec-lib/play_sd_mp3.cpp" file at about line...
  8. wwatson

Need advice on PCB manufacturers

Had a very good experience with OSHPark. What's good for PJRC is good enough for me(y)
  9. wwatson

Yes, they have very good customer service. They kept in contact with me the whole time letting me know what was going on. All in all a confidence booster :D Thanks for your input... Edit: If anybody has a need or want for something like this I posted the zipped fab files here. This a is library...
  10. wwatson

I see, my bad. Looks like you had the memory board attached as well...
  11. wwatson

@KurtE - Is this the same board that you had made that supported the BuyDisplay 10.1" LCD? The display can be configured to use the 8080 interface and I know the MMod can be configured for 8080. I would be interested in one of these boards if all surface mount components are already mounted :D...
  12. wwatson

I want to thank everybody for the advice given. I chose OSHPark. Everything worked out without any problems. I just received my 3 boards and populated one of them (barely, shakey). Hooked it up and it works:D Thanks again for the help.
  13. wwatson

Lightweight C++ callbacks

Thanks Luni :D
  14. wwatson

Lightweight C++ callbacks

@luni - I have been playing around with the CallBackHelper library. Trying to learn something :D. One problem I ran into was a capitalization error in "PIT.h": #include "callbackHelper.h" Should be: #include "CallbackHelper.h" I use Linux which is sensitive to capitalization. I thought I would...
  15. wwatson

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I tried this on Linux first and it minimized the IDE window. Then I selected 'Export Binary' from the sketch folder and it succeeded. Then I tried it in windows and a info window for my HP Pavilion popped up. I was able to disable that popup and retried the CTRL-ALT-S and it worked as expected...
  16. wwatson

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

I played with this a bit and I think I have it figured out what it actually does. Let's say I have A GIGA R1 plugged in and have it selected. Then unplug the GIGA R1 and plug in a T4.1 then click on the info button and hover the mouse over the refresh button it shows the T4.1 is plugged into...
  17. wwatson

ReadWrite files to SD card

If I understand you correctly you are trying to upload two separate sketches into the T4.1 to be used together? If that is the case then it's not going to work. The second sketch will overwrite the first sketch. Every time you upload a sketch program memory is erased before the sketch is...
  18. wwatson

Nice :D
  19. wwatson

I have the display but not the camera. It seems to work ok and has a couple of 3D animations as demos. One thing to be careful of is the pin labels on the GIGA don't match the pin labels on the display and the connectors are not keyed. Here is a link...
  20. wwatson

Thanks for the input. 14 resistors, 1 PCB mount female VGA connector and an edge connector probably does not constitute a 2x2 " board :D
  21. wwatson

Thanks everybody for the advice. I did go with OSHPark. It was a little over 18 bucks for three boards and free shipping. The board is about 2x2 inches. This was my first attempt doing a board layout and it probably could be laid out better. Will play with that more latter. My main concern was...
  22. wwatson

I will most likely be cycling resistors for testing so I'll need to take that into consideration...
  23. wwatson

Thanks for the reply. I will check that out...
  24. wwatson

That was quick:) I had looked at OHSPark first. I will try it out. Thanks
  25. wwatson

Finally started learning KiCad. I wanted to create a small VGA DAC adapter board for use with @jmarsh FlexIo VGA driver found here and with library I created for using it found on my GitHub. I have everything ready including the board setup (I hope) and it passes the DRC checks. I just need...
  26. wwatson

Make sure the sample rate of the ripped mp3 files is at 44100 rate. I ran into this when converting wav files to mp3 files. I am not sure if @FrankB's library supports the 480000 sample rate. Other members might have more input here.
  27. wwatson

SDFAT non blocking write for Teensy 4.1

Maybe this will work?
  28. wwatson

[Testers Needed] Mbed OS Port for Teensy 4.0

Got the same error here as well under Ubuntu. Will fix and test on this side... Edit: Just noticed a T4.1 target as well. Edit2: Working on the PJRC T4.0 development board. Now to try the T4.1 branch. Edit3: Just confirmed that the T4.1 branch is working as well:D
  29. wwatson

I'm in Windows right now and I did have Mbed CE setup. I cannot find any setup info about how I did it:( Have to check and see if it was actually working. I think I used the procedure I posted (P#40) for Ubuntu and modified it using this and: # Mbed CE Hello World This project implements a basic...
  30. wwatson

Hi @KurtE, I definitely had it working with Ubuntu 22.04 and it seems to me that I had finally got it to work with W11. I have not been in W11 for a while but I will check and see if Mbed CE is still installed. Hopefully I wrote down the procedure for installing it in windows like I did in...
  31. wwatson

I also have been playing with a GIGA and can vouch for what KurtE is saying. They use Arduino-Mbed-os which is still developing. Makes me appreciate Teensy's a lot more and the hard work everybody has put into them.
  32. wwatson

USBHost Mass Storage problem

@mborgerson - I played with this today and came up with a not so glorious workaround. I broke up the 128KB into smaller chunks of varying sizes like 16KB, 32KB and 64KB. I created another transfer buffer in DTCM that I could memcpy size_t chunks to from EXTMEM and then write it to the USB drive...
  33. wwatson

test thread

Glad it's up again. Like the layout...
  34. wwatson

VGA output via FlexIO (Teensy4)

I have not had chance to try it yet. Will wait to see what you find out...
  35. wwatson

Thanks and no it was not. I bread boarded the R2R ladder and VGA connector. I don't think I know about FrankB's board. The schematic is shown above and in the VGA_4bit_T4.ccp file at the beginning of the file. Most of the other VGA drivers use 8 bit R2R ladders which of course uses more memory...
  36. wwatson

@jmarsh - I have been playing with FlexIO2VGA off and on for the last few months now. It has been a lot of fun:) I thought you might be interested in what I have come up with so far. I created a library called VGA_4BIT_T4 on Github: https://github.com/wwatson4506/VGA_4BIT_T4/tree/main I based...
  37. wwatson

RA8876 10.1 Inch Eastrising Display and Teensy 4.1 (SPI Issues)

Just a note, We found that reducing the interconnect wire length to 3" wires allowed 47Mhz SPI speed. The setting is found in RA8876_t3.h at about line 123. // Default to a relatively slow speed for breadboard testing. //const ru32 SPIspeed = 47000000; const ru32 SPIspeed = 3000000; --- default...
  38. wwatson

Teensy Port issue

I am not aware of a Teensy M0 express board. There is however a Adafruit M0 Feather express board. If the Adafruit M0 Feather board is the one you have, Teensyduino does not support that architecture which uses the ATSAMD21 Cortex M0 MCU. You can check out this link for info on how to setup for...
  39. wwatson

Teensy frezees during reading of file if USB drive is removed

Unfortunately mscFS is very outdated and not supported now. I have put that notice in the library README. I know you cannot show the code but can you give us which version of Teensyduino and Arduino you are using? There have been quite a few changes, updates and bug fixes since mscFS. Also can...
  40. wwatson

Thanks for the info - I will give it a try and let you know how it works. I now have pretty much all of uVGA adapted and working. Lot's left to to do though:) EDIT: 1024x600x60 works...
  41. wwatson

Been playing some more with this and have a quick question about setting up the timing for 1024x600x60. How did you setup the existing modelines? I was checking it out online but could not associate any modeline calculator with the existing ones...
  42. wwatson

USB Host to read/write data on USB-Stick?

Sorry for the delayed response. There is a way to check for that at the driver level. The claim() function and disconnect() function are interrupt driven. Here is a small sketch that demonstrates this: #include <USBHost_t36.h> // Setup USBHost_t36 and as many HUB ports as needed. USBHost myusb...
  43. wwatson

@jmarsh - I have been slowly picking at displaying text with your VGA driver. Below is a modified version of your original sketch (attached below). It's just a minimal messy version at this time. I am using the 640x400X60 timing. The biggest challenge was figuring out how to calculate setting...
  44. wwatson

Thanks, Been playing with it all day and I think I have a basic understanding of how it works. Next step is setting up for a text terminal and simple graphics. I am going to only use 640x400x70 16 color mode. This leaves about: Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1: FLASH: code:14216, data:4376...
  45. wwatson

Well it's working good... I see the bouncing ball and background changing color when the ball hits the wall. Good quality picture even with my sloppy bread boarding. Need to find or make an adapter board. Now to start learning about FlexIO...
  46. wwatson

OK, going for it:)
  47. wwatson

@jmarsh - I am building the VGA R2R ladder for use with this sketch and wanted to make sure I understand the schematic. This is my version of it only expanded: /* R2R ladder: * * GROUND <------------- 536R ----*---- 270R -----*---------> VGA PIN: Red=1 * |...
  48. wwatson

PJRC Teensy 4.0 Beta Breakout Board and Audio Adapter Version D compatible ?

Thanks, kinda what I suspected. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.
  49. wwatson

PJRC Teensy 4.0 Beta Breakout Board and Audio Adapter Version D compatible ?

A quick question. Was using the PJRC Teensy 4.0 beta version breakout board with a couple of audio adapter version D. Cannot access SD card on audio adapter with WavFilePlayer. Tried various SPI settings with no luck. Version B Audio adapter works fine. Both of the version D adapters work fine...
  50. wwatson

T4.x support for Raw HID 512? wonder if it makes sense to add to system?

@KurtE - This is starting to look like MTP. Wonder if it could be as fast or faster with a smaller footprint:)
Back