Search results

1. B

All you need to know about USB-C

That was really interesting! This USB-C head2head shows how you get what you pay for.
  2. B

New lwIP-based Ethernet library for Teensy 4.1

Thanks, pulled latest, fixed.
  3. B

The new 0.59.4 core seems to be messing with QNEthernetv0.25 and v0.26: ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries/QNEthernet/src/QNEthernet.cpp: In member function 'bool qindesign::network::EthernetClass::begin(const IPAddress&, const IPAddress&, const IPAddress&, const IPAddress&)'...
  4. B

Should we use BZ2 or ZST or XZ compression for Teensy downloads in Arduino IDE 2.2.x?

M2 macBook air, Frontier fiber starting from 0.59.3 and doing remove first from the boards manager, got various times for each: ver min:sec zst 1.58.1 0:40 XZ 0.59.3 1:34 bz2 1.58.1 2:13 zst 0.59.3 0:17 zst 1.58.1 0:20 bz2 1.56.1 0:42 zst 0.59.3 0:50 Cached files must...
  5. B

I'm using IDE2.2.1 on macOS with the latest QNEthernet it installs. I'm not great at GitHub Desktop but do use it (probably incorrectly). Should I clone the master into ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries replacing the existing QNEthernet folder ?
  6. B

What happens if a Teensy 4.1 is powered via Vin and USB ast the same time?

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents. I have used USB power and VIN on 3.2, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0 and 4.1 without any issues for years on multiple computers and with multiple USB supplies, on board DC-DC converters and even bench supplies for VIN. I think the danger is overblown. As long as you keep the...
  7. B

Electronic circuit to convert 0.8-4.2 to 0-5 VDC

😃Nice, didn’t know you were an opAmp nurd too!
  8. B

Teensy 4.0: Wake up from SNVS Low Power Mode through GPIO

Wonder if you could set RTC alarm for say 15 seconds and have it check for a pin level change and if no change go back to sleep. User would have to switch something or hold a button for at most 15 seconds.
  9. B

Beware! T4x RTC power consumption

I'm listening. It needs to be noted that the recommended batteries are 3V lithium coin cell, not a 3.6V lithium, different chemistry and voltage.
  10. B

TimeLib does not work correctly on 4.1

Using Arduino 2.2.1 do you get this after compiling and then hovering over time_t? Note it's now 64 bit.
  11. B

TimeLib does not work correctly on 4.1

Don't see: #include "TimeLib.h"
  12. B

Forum switching to new SSL cert

Thread search for a short term is not possible? Example: Try to find if the Teensy 4.1 is mentioned in thread https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/bat-detector.38988/ Search for 4.1 is not possible, get: Oops! We ran into some problems. The search could not be completed because the search...
  13. B

Forum switching to new SSL cert

No warnings for me on macOS.
  14. B

xenForo Improvements

Forum works so much nicer on phones
  15. B

Teensy 3.2 End Of Life

3.2 RIP Things I'll miss the most: 1. RTC that can last for years on a teensy 1220 battery. 2. Low power. 3. 5V tolerant. Also me tolerant, never wrecked one. Wrecked many 4.1 and Arduino nano's 4. Robust leaded package, sorry but large pga packages suck in dynamic environments. 5. <66...
  16. B

Arduino IDE 2.2.1 seems to be working ok on macOS Sonoma 14.0 on M2 MacBook Air

I installed 14.0 without thinking of possible consequences and sure enough couldn't get serial to work afterward. Searched the forum and found nothing about Sonoma. Turns out the USB cable I've been using for years decided to fail at the same time as the upgrade :( What's the chances of...
  17. B

Beware! T4x RTC power consumption

@Davidelvig For small continuous currents the life is simply the mAh rating of the battery divided by the current. The current is specified as 20uA but I measure 30uA with the 121GW in my application. Days@30uA CR1220 36mAh 50 CR2032 220 305 CR2450 600 833...
  18. B

Request for a schematic review - paid opportunity, if you wish

see this post on VBAT life on T4.1 https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/64216-Beware!-T4x-RTC-power-consumption?p=257979&viewfull=1#post257979
  19. B

Teensy LC Input Protection?

No need to smooth the connection between a battery and a linear regulator for the sake of measuring the level. Even with a switching regulator as I'm using it's not necessary.
  20. B

So get rid of it !
  21. B

I have been using a 100k(R1), 22k(R2) bridge with no series R and no C for a number of years on a T3.2 to measure three lithium in series ~12V. In this design the 12V is energized by a FET at the same time as a smps that powers the Teensy so the pin sees some small current even as the Teensy is...
  22. B

As I'm sitting here trying to debug why my RaspberryPIW running the Apache web server is seizing up every few days to a few weeks, it dawned on me that my T4.1 based server running your QNEthernet hasn't crashed in a few years !! I have been installing your latest versions so it hasn't been...
  23. B

MicroMod Beta Testing

The easiest way in 2.1 or 1.8 is to do a build. Select all the contents of the output window and copy paste into a text editor and search for 'arm-none-eabi-gcc'. Copy the directory that that is in into a terminal window, go there and list. You will see 'arm-none-eabi-addr2line' there. Make...
  24. B

Compilation error but why?

Although you may have 689Hz between pixels any data shown there will be one pixel wide. You won't miss any signals, you just won't be able to resolve them. The 320 display output will look nearly the same to a 'Senior Members' eye :) Here's a screen dump from a 320
  25. B

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

@mjs513, I am using the 3/30 nightly. Is there a way to get the 3/10 nightly:) 2.0.4 has to many terminal issues for me. Guess I'll try the latest nightly, can't hurt.... Right, I'll wait. I don't change the effected stuff that much so will do the hand cache dump. (If I remember ! )
  26. B

@shawn, got an undefined error for: stdPrint = &Serial; deleting it worked. Now full circle as had to add it way back for an earlier version:)
  27. B

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

Kurt, Don't have to look at other features, just change the CPU speed. The problem is identifying that the speed actually changed. I used either a current meter on the usb or an oscilloscope with this: const int ledPin = 13; //put oscilloscope on this pin void setup() {...
  28. B

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

Can't find it, but read in the Arduino 2.x documentation that a new 'Feature' of the IDE is to not clear the caches when quitting. Even compiling another program leaves any other started programs. The settings for the first used one is what stays. When you come back even a day later it still...
  29. B

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #2

@defragster The issue I was having in #5 above was the dang cached files not clearing out in Arduino 2.0.x after changing the CPU speed. Serial.println(F_CPU) showed the selected speed but used the cached. Didn't know that was an issue, wasted all day on it. Apparently, the IDE keeps many...
  30. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Released

Well pooh, Found a little issue with new toolchain?. running blink on bare 4.0 MHz 1.8.15 2.0.5/1.58 24 34mA 106mA 600 96mA 110mA Stranger, a very large program draws ~96mA
  31. B

PlatformIO update for 1.58 - please help test

Watch out for this 'ShipIt' using 99% CPU issue that PlatformIO did with me and others upon installation. https://github.com/vector-im/element-web/issues/22332#issuecomment-1500546331
  32. B

@W5ZZO I think KurtE was pointing out the same issue: #22 Also the main point I forgot to make was that if it's messing up in 2.0.4+ try in 1.89.19
  33. B

@W5ZZO Not sure if related to your issue or not but I have noticed that bugs (or no longer allowed procedures by me) can mess up the aggressive caching of previous compiles in 2.0.4 and the nightlies. Previous 1.8.xx versions of arduino cleared the cache when you quit arduino but 2.0.4+ try to...
  34. B

Digital pin output current

Search on Digikey results in 26,000 different lads with I<=4mA
  35. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #4

The update req'd a dog walk:D. Just got back and opened 2.0.4 and the board list showed 1.58.0. Installed with no problems. Various issues with String and time_t appear fixed! Awesome, thanks. FYI, probably obvious but... in Arduino 2.0.4 when looking at the 'Boards Manager' it's easiest...
  36. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #4

@PaulStoffregen https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_index.json worked for me for both 0.58.4 and 1.58.0 to allow these versions to show in the boards manager. It auto updated the index after I changed it. Note Deleted the td_158 from link. With that in couldn't find server. However...
  37. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #4

Yah, that was not the problem. As stated the 'package_teensy_index.json' file is not the latest on old macs for some reason. It updated fine from 0.58.1 to 0.58.2 to 0.58.3. If I remove the file from /Users/me/Library/Arduino15 and do the 'Arduino update package index' I will get a new...
  38. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #4

Installed 0.58.4 fine on M2 MacBook Air with Ventura and IDE 2.0.4. On MacOS Catalina with IDE 2.0.4 can't get 0.58.4 to show up. Did the shift-apple-P and can see the new date modified on 'package_teensy_index.json' in finder but looking at file it's not updated. File is 874 lines, not 954.
  39. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/issues/688 concerns only the new tool chain and String(time_t). You already fixed most of it.
  40. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

@Garug Just checked, newest is Arduino IDE 2.0.4 not 2.0.5? Regardless IDE 2.0 serial com is not ready for prime time. It can't catch the 1st output lines and doesn't update the window to the latest lines without some kind of manual intervention. I wouldn't recommend it for debugging yet. I...
  41. B

PJRC Server Change

FYI, from LA area: MikesAir:~ michael$ ping forum.pjrc.com PING forum.pjrc.com (66.232.106.106): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 66.232.106.106: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=75.204 ms 64 bytes from 66.232.106.106: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=77.956 ms 64 bytes from 66.232.106.106: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54...
  42. B

Arduino IDE 2.0.4 is out

Arduino IDE 2.0.4 is out and a little better. Serial monitor is a little weird but almost usable. Still doesn't auto scroll window to the last new text line. The big advantage is being able to right-click or ctrl-click on some unknown text and select 'Go to Definition' and it will pop up the...
  43. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

Just a few stupid questions, but I'm stupid so I'll ask. 1. Beta#1 was originally titled ...(new toolchain test). After the fix from #5 and the slightly larger memory footprint, the only real issue I have had with 1.58 concerns time_t changing from 32 to 64 bit. I have a union of a byte array...
  44. B

Unable to install teensy_loader_cli on Raspberry Pi. Can't install libusb-dev

Works on Pi-zero-W with stretch sudo apt-get install libusb-dev Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW packages will be installed: libusb-dev 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get...
  45. B

Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

glad to see mac back in beta Apple M2, Ventura 13.0.1, Arduino 2.0.3 Compilation error: ambiguous overload for 'operator+=' (operand types are 'String' and 'time_t' {aka 'long long int'}) casting to long works #include "TimeLib.h" void setup() { time_t seconds=20UL; String...
  46. B

Here's a minimal version that should work with a bare T4.1 with the ethernet plug putting up a web page that will allow you to turn on and off the LED. Please excuse my lack of taking all your advice and not updating with the latest features. /*for use with IDE...
  47. B

@shawn, Thanks for your hard work on this. QNEthernet V.?? has been serving HTTP pages and UDP comm continuously for me (home network) with no issues since Mar 2022. My previous experience with other libraries over years has been dismal. I attribute this success to your library and this...
  48. B

Teensyduino 1.57 Released

The output from sketch in #58 pretty much always starts with 2 when using Teensy Ports. ps aux | grep teensy output: ~ 4964 0.3 1.1 35674492 90628 ?? S 10:13AM 0:01.06...
  49. B

I put back the old 'teensy_post_compile' and can't reproduce the issue I was having in message #58 above. So best to ignore all in #58. The Teensy Loader not loading in 1.8.19 issue did return so it seems to address that.
  50. B

The simple program below before the zip (or with 2.0.2)would not delay for 9 seconds when no monitor and skips random lines Output b4 2 4 7 9 10 #define MYVERSION_STUFF "blink&blank, 2022/11/27 " int led = 13; int gcount=0; void setup() { pinMode(led, OUTPUT); Serial.begin(9600)...
Back