Search results

1. M

[queued] Dual Robot Arm Controller

Not really intending this to be a blog post, but thought I'd share since the Teensy 4.1 really is what makes it work. I've added two arms to my robot and use a controller I designed around the Teensy4.1. The controller has four brushed-dc motor drivers (TI DRV8874) and four single-line serial...
  2. M

ISO Adapter to convert 4.0 or 4.1 to Arduino Form Factor

Thanks for the find. It looks like it will break out the digital pins I need just fine.
  3. M

ISO Adapter to convert 4.0 or 4.1 to Arduino Form Factor

I'm working on a robot project and have a DC motor controller shield that is designed for an arduino form factor. I'm migrating my system over to ROS2 and the 8-bit arduino I'm using isn't supported. I'd like to use a teensy (either 4.0 or 4.1, I have both) and need a board to adapt it to the...
  4. M

Amiga emulation on Teensy 4.1

Put your handheld up on tindie. Take my money! ;)
  5. M

Amiga emulation on Teensy 4.1

Amazing work! Wish I had one!
  6. M

Future Teensy features & pinout

I think if you duplicate what you did for the 3.5/3.6, you'll have a winner. More flash, please, and I really would love to see wifi, but I can adapt to it externally.
  7. M

A Teensy 4.0 demo. Playing the old Stunt Island DOS game. Real time 3D.

The link didn't seem to work, but I did find it here: https://github.com/Jean-MarcHarvengt/MCUME
  8. M

.current python support?

Check this out: https://github.com/micropython/micropython/wiki/Board-Teensy-3.1-3.5-3.6
  9. M

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

Thanks.. I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure.. You'll have to jumper to it however you want it set up, I assume, since they don't seem to be connected to anything. One thing I'm interested in is adding a wifi module to the T4 and it looks like using this breakout board, I could...
  10. M

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

Stupid question.. Sorry for asking a seemingly stupid question, but what's the purpose of the carrier rails?
  11. M

Teensy 4.0 - Ethernet I'm guessing its not avaliable

BLE is not ideal (I need to run a webserver) and was hoping to use the ESP32/whatever to do that and then just interface to the T4 through serial, etc.
  12. M

Teensy 4.0 - Ethernet I'm guessing its not avaliable

Is there anyone contemplating creating a breakout board with WiFi? ESP32 or their newer chip.. whatever.. I have a project that could use the FPU power of the T4 but I have to have WiFi access to it. I think I could design a board to do it (but no guarantee since its been 25 years since...
  13. M

Teensy 4.0 Release

It has been ported to T3.x (as well as many other microcontrollers), just not T4.0.. which isn't surprising since it was just released.
  14. M

Surface Mount Female Headers for Use with Teensy 3.5 w/ Pins on a PCB

If I could get it down to a two layer board, I have would try to etch it or maybe milk it.. but I haven't figured out the routing to make it work and 4 layer solves that problem.. but I'm going to take a hard look at it again.
  15. M

Thanks for the info.. I had dug through mouser and digikey looking for such a beast before posting here and practically all are non-stock items.. to your point of being in the supply chain. I don't do this stuff (pcb designs and production) on a regular basis so I just don't know the answers...
  16. M

I'm trying to design a board (motor controller) around a Teensy 3.5 w/ Pins that I already have. I'm looking at using a service to build the prototype for me and I want to use female headers for the Teensy to be installed into so I can repurpose the Teensy later (or replace it if I fry it)...
  17. M

Four DC Motors (with Encoders) and Stepper Motor Control on Single Teensy 3.5?

Thanks, it's for a variant of a CNC machine and I want to replace the z-axis that currently uses a brushed DC motor with a stepper motor since they are more readily available as an assembly. I'm fairly confident the Teensy has the horsepower to do everything, I was just concerned that the...
  18. M

Four DC Motors (with Encoders) and Stepper Motor Control on Single Teensy 3.5?

I've got an application that needs to control four brushed DC motors with encoders and a single stepper motor and am wondering if this could be accomplished on a Teensy 3.5. I know I can do the four motors and encoders with no problem using the encoder library (encoders operate at around 8000...
  19. M

Question about Timers and Possible Teensy 4.0 Capabilities

Thanks for the quick response. I'm really new to all of this and winging most of it. The timers are used for many functions (this is for a CNC machine firmware based on GRBL).. from the guy that did the firmware update when I asked which were being used: "Timer1 for Spindle, Timer5 for PID...
  20. M

Question about Timers and Possible Teensy 4.0 Capabilities

I'm working on a project that I'm adapting to run on a Teensy 3.5 and someone just released an entirely different version of code (based on something much better) but they did it based upon using an Arduino Due. I am contemplating sticking with a Teensy and porting their code over since my...
  21. M

Problem Connecting Teensy to Raspberry Pi with USB

>But earlier, you asked: That was my question from when I hijacked the thread. Again, sorry for doing so..
  22. M

And sorry again for spamming, but I sort of solved my issue.. The solution was to unplug and replug the usb cable into the RPi. I don't know why that worked. It still seems to get some characters reflected, but they are much fewer now (2 bytes at most).
  23. M

I tried "cat /dev/ttyACM0" and I got the same behavior as the arduino ide's serial monitor. I'd tried googling for raspberry pi usb serial buffer overflows, but to no avail. I'm really at a loss here. And sorry for hijacking this thread.. I think the issue is at least tangentially related to...
  24. M

I was using the latter (teensy) port, but switching to the serial port made no difference.. same behavior. It's a very repeatable problem, and its not specific to the arduino ide's serial monitor (the program interfaces to a different app running on a raspberry pi and I get similar behavior...
  25. M

Not sure I have the same problem, but I also have an issue communicating between an RPi and a teensy 3.5 over usb. My teensy's application continually sends messages out using Serial.Print and processes any commands that come back over the usb port. What I found is that if I establish a usb...
  26. M

Newbie Question Regarding Pin Assignments

Thanks all, I just wanted to scratch that off the list.. I think it's time to break out the oscilloscope.
  27. M

Thanks.. I'm seeing strange PWM behavior on pin 21 and was wondering if there could be an issue because I'm doing GPIO on pin 27 (they both happen to be capable as functioning as RX1, even though I haven't set them up as such). My concern was whether the multiplexer can introduce such issue.
  28. M

When I look at the pin assignments for my Teensy 3.5, I see that many pins have multiple "alternate" functions, and some of them have the same alternate functions. Is it correct to say there is no problem, or chance of conflict, by using pins with the same alternate functions for different...
  29. M

Teensy 3.5: EEPROM and Encoder/Interrupt Interactions?

Thanks for the response... I'm going to fix the excessively excessive EEPROM write issue (I calculated its about 4500 EEPROM writes occurring each time this part is run.. good thing I have a spare teensy). The code should actually never write to EEPROM while a motor is moving.. long story...
  30. M

Is there any relevance to using pins 22 and 23 (which are associated with FTM0) for generating the PWM signals? The encoder is using pins 18/19 if that matters.
  31. M

I'm working with a Teensy 3.5 and I have a program that I'm porting that does analogWrites to a motor thousand times a second, while reading the motor's encoder and saving it to EEPROM. I found that the motor stutters when the encoder is connected (i.e., interrupts are being processed) AND the...
  32. M

Porting Ardunio-CNC Firmware to Teensy 3.5 - Advice on Pin Usage Requested

I'm working on a project to port firmware for MaslowCNC (www.maslowcnc.com) designed for an arduino Mega to a Teensy 3.5. The reason is that I need to add more motors for a project I'm working on (5 motors vs. the 3 the current system supports) and the Mega just doesn't have enough pins to...
  33. M

Is analogWrite(x,256) valid?

Thanks. The code I'm porting eventually "detaches" motors after 2 seconds of idle so the 1/256 pwm duty cycle isn't likely noticed, but I'll bring it up to the community to investigate since everyone is currently using an arduino.
  34. M

Thanks for the quick response! If I understand correctly, when porting code from an arduino to a teensy, I need to change analogWrite(x,255) to analogWrite(0,256) to get the same effect.. correct?
  35. M

I'm working on learning so I apologize if this is a stupid question. The https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_pulse.html page says the following: "The value is between 0 to 256, where the higher the value, the more time the signal remains high. 0 and 256 correspond to always low and always high...
Back