Search results

1. R

Teensy 4.0 and CAN using SN65HVD230

Hi, thanks for your help. Yup. I wanted to recreate your setup to check why I'm failing. My Arduino is at: 1.8.13 and Teensyduino is as 1.53. I guess the first step will be to update that. I do also have an additional FlexCAN_T4 lib in Documents. So.... yeah..... I'll see if getting those two...
  2. R

Hi guys, sorry for the delay but COVID makes things so hectic at work that it's hard to find the energy for anything more. So I've tried a new setup and I still keep failing. Here's my new setup. It's a completely new Teensy (the transceivers are the same). I've used the following code...
  3. R

I could do that but I don't think that's necessary as I know that the loop is running. I am getting CAN messages on CAN 2, just not CAN 1. I'm reading from both at the same time. I've modified my board a bit by adding goldpins on Teensy's Rx and Tx for CAN 1 and CAN 2. During operation I've...
  4. R

Hello everyone. I'm having trouble switching from 5V to 3.3V logic for CAN transceivers. I'm currently using MCP2551s but the 'problem' is that it needs a lot of cabling as I need to drive the voltage down using logic converters. And so I've decided to use a SN65HVD230. I've built up my testing...
  5. R

Create a USB joystick and THEN read it's data using two Teensy'ies

Hi Kurt, I'll rearrange the code into the if (joystick[0]) // Is joystick 0 connected { } statement. As for what it does when it's not connected - I'd say nothing? The Joystick[0].available is false by default, so .... nothing? The problem I'm having is not with the library trying to get...
  6. R

Hi Kurt, no problem! Thanks for the tips. Wait...... there's a toolbar here somewhere?! I feel like an idiot right now, but I don't see anything like that. I See "Submit reply", "Preview post" and "Additional Options". Nothing more. Wait. I'll try adding something in '<code>' brackets...
  7. R

Hi. I've built the following setup: USB Joystick (USBJ) - Processing (P) Both the USBJ and P are Teensy based. The USBJ is reading sensor data and cyclically outputting data to the USB. I'm doing this by having the board configured as a USB Type: Joystick. I've also added...
  8. R

HID between two Teensies

Hello, I'm struggling with a problem and was wondering if anyone (hopefully) could help me. I've made a Teensy-mouse. I've set up the board to be K+J+M+S and I'm using "Mouse.move()" functions to operate the screen pointer. It all works well. What I've then decided was to have a second Teesny...
  9. R

Teensy with mini USB host shield (chineese)

Thank you both @GremlinWrangler and @SergeyM. Your input has helped me to get mine up and running! Yay! :) Cheers, Rafał
  10. R

The library is located here: https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0 Your assumption is correct. That is the only source of info I have. Looking at it in comparison with the original board there are some differences. MY BOARD THE ORIGINAL the biggest problem is with finding GND (I'm...
  11. R

Hello, I'm using my Teensies 3.1 with USB Host shields from Sparkfun. I've found them to be a pain but still - they work. So that's that. The problem I have is that they're big and so I've set out to find a smaller factor USB host shield. And wouldn't you know it. I did. On a Chinese store. They...
Back