Search results

1. G

Is it possible to run 2 processes on a t4.1 ?

Can a t4.1 run 2 programs ? One to count interrupts and one to process the data ?
  2. G

Teensy 4.x H/W Quadrature Encoder Library

Hi Joe, thank you for the prompt reply - i like your idea to improve performance using 4 of the 6 encoders with this library i will do some reading :)
  3. G

Teensy 4.x H/W Quadrature Encoder Library

is it possible to use 6 quadrative encoders on a T4.1 ? how does it work ? does the t4.1 have 2 processors and one of them is dedicated to counting pulses ?
  4. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

i will hunt down the libary - i used Encoder.h and i think the performance is worse than using my own interrupts ! it must still be using interrupts in the background - the main loop is getting interrupted so much the later lines of code are not getting executed as often. The motor control on...
  5. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

ok - i found it looks pretty simple to use if you define as below it uses assemble to make the code super fast :) #define ENCODER_OPTIMIZE_INTERRUPTS #include <Encoder.h> i will try it out after xmas Basic Usage Encoder myEnc(pin1, pin2); Create an Encoder object, using 2 pins. You may...
  6. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

Can you explain how the hardware quadrature counting works ? Is it part of the encoder library ?
  7. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

Interrupt code is quite simple // encoder 1 void doEncoder0A(){ // look for a low-to-high on channel A if (digitalRead(encoder0PinA) == HIGH) { // check channel B to see which way encoder is turning if (digitalRead(encoder0PinB) == LOW) { encoder0Pos = encoder0Pos + 1...
  8. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

A bit more info 6 rotary encoders They have 2 pins each to determine if the rotation is cw or acw There is no libary I will take a look at the code in a few days time Merry Xmas :)
  9. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

The frequencies can get quite high, but the encoders loosing pulses are not the highest. I am using 1k resistors and 3.3 v to pull them high, the encoders pull them to gnd, all fed from the same 3.3v power feed Is it worth trying a different value resistor ?
  10. G

Lost interrupts T4.1 ?

I have 6 encoders and count the pulses with a T4.1 It appears 2 of the encoders are loosing pulses over time Do all pins have the same prority ? What happens if 2 interrupts or more happen at the same time ?
  11. G

multiple ADC and DAC ?

i want to replace the potentiometers on a synthesizer and make the filters midi controllable what is the best option for 6 pots that can be read and controlled by a teensy
  12. G

T3.6 - 1.6v instead of 3.3v

Is there a way to slow the t4.1 down to the same speed as the t3.6 ? I am using the board to count encoder pulses and perform pid motor control The timing seems to be wrong with the T4.1 Can you recommend a dealer in the uk with stock of t3.6 / 4.1
  13. G

hi Paul - thank you for the prompt reply it is probably not worth the effort trying to get this board repaired is the T4.1 compatible pin for pin ?
  14. G

Hi Paul, Thanks for the reply with the T3.6 powered by usb and unplugged from anything the 3.3v pin is just under 2 volts can the board be repaired ? can i use an external 3.3v reg to power the 3.3v pin ?
  15. G

I have a T3.6 that has been powered up with some connections unplugged the board illuminates the led on startup but faintly I have checked the voltage - there is only 1.6v there is no serial communication can i add 3.3 v externally to the 3.3 pin ? can the voltage reg on the board be...
  16. G

Teensy 3.2 shortage

Is the T4.0 pin for pin compatible with the T3.2 ? Are the CAN pins interchangable for example ?
  17. G

Read firmware date / bin from a T 3.2 ?

I am pleased to hear the data can not be read, it means my code is safe I am wondering of the flexcan Libary has changed and this is why compiling the sketch now gives a different result i will investigate and post my findings here thank you everyone for the help
  18. G

Thats a good link to the information ! The soldering looks a bit more than my eyesight can handle ! I was hoping i could somehow read the hex/bin file back from the chip using usb. I will have to program the chip with every software version and should find the problem that way. I am using...
  19. G

I will add that to the new code. Is there a way to read the bin on the T 3.2 ?
  20. G

I have 2 T3.2 one i programmed some time ago and it works fine a later one i have programmed is acting differently ! I have tried reflashing many different versions of software but the strange bug is still there is is possible to read when the good T3.2 was programmed or even lift the bin...
  21. G

Analogue Synth Modification ?

thanks for the posts guys some good info on the maffez site would be great if we could have a T3.2 that wires to the board and records and plays back the knob tweaks :) https://maffez.com/?page_id=70 does anyone else on here have a TD-3 ?
  22. G

i found a couple of options...
  23. G

thanks for the link - it would appear that 7 bit resolution will make the control a bit too steppy - however unless I try it I will never know i have a Red Sound Darkstar that uses 7 bit resolution (at least i think it does) it has some steppy filtering but that is part of its character
  24. G

Hi - Thanks for the reply it is indeed a Behringer TD3 ! I have some old analogue stuff from the 1980s but the TD3 is a recent purchase, I bought it 2nd hand to modify it. They have done a good job at emulating the TB 303 - but none of the tweaks to the filters are transmitted would be nice...
  25. G

i have an analogue synth that responds to midi note information, but not midi sys ex info i would like the knobs on the synth to transmit and respond to sys ex information can i hack the Synth so the knobs transmit and receive midi ? i am assuming the pots are simple single turn pots...
  26. G

Project enclosures ? T4.1 3d printing ?

What do you guys use for enclosures for your Teensy projects ? is there something suitable for the T3.5 / 3.6 / 4.1 ? i have a 3d printer - has anyone designed anything ?
  27. G

Zeus Commander SPS-16, MIDI step & pattern sequencer

Is the sequencer available to buy ?
  28. G

is there a T4.1 Screw Shield ?

Is there a T4.1 screw shield and is it also compatible with T3.6 / T3.5 I thought it best to ask on here rather than order something that is not suitable has anyone tried this --...
  29. G

6 encoders on a Teensy 4.1 ?

Thank you for the advice :)
  30. G

These are the encoders...
  31. G

Thanks for the fast replies ! I will give it a go :) Can i protect the T4.1 pins with zener diodes ? Or should i use a transitor/chip/level shifter
  32. G

can a single teensy read 6 encoders - 600 pulses each is it best to set up interrupts to read the encoder pulses the encoders are 5v outputs i think or is it best to use an encoder interface to do the counting and send the data to the T4.x any advice appreciated
  33. G

FM synthesis - 808 drumkit

What hardware is required to make this drum machine, i am keen to try to build one :)
  34. G

Teensy 4.1 Code Pin layout ?

Hi Mark I am looking for the ASCII Art
  35. G

Teensy 4.1 Code Pin layout ?

Been searching the forum for some code that looks like below for thye Teensy 4.1 // // // +----+ +------+ // +-|PWR |----| USB |-----+ // | | | | | | // | +----+ +------+...
  36. G

909 drum machine using realtime dynamic sample selection?

How did this project work out ? Is there a scematic I would love to build a 909 clone
  37. G

T4.0 / 4.1 Analogue read resolution

what is the resolution of the Analogue pins on the T4.0/4.1 are they 13bit ? do you set them using analogReadResolution(bits) ? what is the default resolution ? regards
  38. G

Looking for code to do a software restart with the Teensy LC

is there a hard and a soft reboot ? which one is _reboot_Teensyduino_()
  39. G

Maximum interrupt speed on Teensy 4

are you counting a frequency ?
  40. G

T 3.2 windows 7 driver ?

is it possible to use regedit to modify the 'device description' ? i tried to edit the registry but was unable to save changes --------------------------------------------------------------------- a lot of my customers use windows 7 could you give us that want to use the Teensy as a...
  41. G

T 3.2 windows 7 driver ?

it uses USBSER.SYS is there a way to rename the device so it does not appear as 'Teensy USB Serial' in device manager ?
  42. G

T 3.2 windows 7 driver ?

what is the name of the exact driver it uses ? can i install it manually ?
  43. G

T 3.2 windows 7 driver ?

I have a customer who has plugged in a programmed T3.2 device manager sees the device as a usb serial device - but has not found a driver for it is there a specific driver that will work ? pls advise
  44. G

ILI9341 CAN Display - Gauge rendering on display

ok - understood you may need to use a nextion display instead I would be keen to find out how to do this, does anyone have an example
  45. G

ILI9341 CAN Display - Gauge rendering on display

I am assuming the gauges work using a voltage from a sensor you need to output the voltage from your T3.2 to drive them https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/analog-io/analogwrite/ you need to take the can data and convert it to the correct voltage to drive the gauge the...
  46. G

Future Teensy features & pinout

this board has a great layout as a development board - you could get lots of new users involved in Teensy if we had something like this https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4YQAAOSwZvRadiTs/s-l1600.jpg
  47. G

Teensy 4.0 Serial.available() stops incrementing

I can see how that may not suit everyones needs. Great news on the january release. I will look to get my boards t4 compatible :)
  48. G

Teensy 4.0 Serial.available() stops incrementing

I am holding off migrating from t3.2 to 4.0 because of this. Can i suggest a simple option to ignore all the held up data and process the latest sent Ie you have read data 1 of 100 and then go straight to 100 if there is a delay It will ensure the sending program and t4 are both synchronised...
  49. G

[posted] Tape Simulator for Exidy Sorcerer

can you use this tape emulator on other devices - eg CBM 64 / Spectrum ?
  50. G

Teensy 3.2 Canbus - Which FlexCan do I use?

can you post the example code pls
Back